Apm/hotkeys/micro etc..

P

PeaceBreaker

Out of curiousity whats your apm, what hot keys do you use, and what do you do first once your in battle? Forgive me if there is already a thread about this, new to forums.
Myself on average i am high 50s =(
On a good day 70s - 80s.
Mostly i put my heros and prime units in one group (usually ghouls or fiends), Next hot key 2 is another group of different units, usually destroyers. And group 3 my statues which usually just auto follow a hero or unit. Hot key 5 is my crypt(s), 6 necropolis early game, then later on slaughterhouse(s) 7 altar. 9 Is my acolytes incase i get harassed by some sort of ae or if i need an emergency repair.

Once im in battle i`ll usually lay down an impale or frost nova on whatever weak units there is (archers, casters, etc) and focus my units onto those. Next once a few are down i'll usually focus their hero, once the hero drops about 25% i`ll hit them with nukes, if i have dk, lich, cl it would be coil, nova, impale.

I choose to nuke once it drops a bit so they dont realize right away they are being focus fired and get ready to tp.

Let me know :)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by PeaceBreaker
Out of curiousity whats your apm, what hot keys do you use, and what do you do first once your in battle? Forgive me if there is already a thread about this, new to forums.
Myself on average i am high 50s =(
On a good day 70s - 80s.
Mostly i put my heros and prime units in one group (usually ghouls or fiends), Next hot key 2 is another group of different units, usually destroyers. And group 3 my statues which usually just auto follow a hero or unit. Hot key 5 is my crypt(s), 6 necropolis early game, then later on slaughterhouse(s) 7 altar. 9 Is my acolytes incase i get harassed by some sort of ae or if i need an emergency repair.

Once im in battle i`ll usually lay down an impale or frost nova on whatever weak units there is (archers, casters, etc) and focus my units onto those. Next once a few are down i'll usually focus their hero, once the hero drops about 25% i`ll hit them with nukes, if i have dk, lich, cl it would be coil, nova, impale.

I choose to nuke once it drops a bit so they dont realize right away they are being focus fired and get ready to tp.

Let me know :)
Average APM: 70

Unit Groups:
1- Major attack group with heros and a mix of attacking units
2- Casters or ghouls depending on what strategy
3- Gargs (if I mass them)
0- Crypt

Strategy: Pick off units first, nuke later. Often this strategy works like you said. However, if you ever forget to nuke, you are done. Game over, UD suck without nuking.

P

PeaceBreaker

hrm thought i'd add this too.
What items are you sure to carry into a late game battle?
After thinkin gover it a bit and revising what i take into battle, i came up with.
--Healing scroll on my Dk and Lich.
--Mana potion on my lich (since i`ll be nuking troops constantly with him, assuming i massicare their units i might need a quick boost in mana to slow that running hero ) However i will focus the hero quickly if its something posing a large threat to mine, like a pesky blade master. And if its a tauren chieftain or mountain king/ghoul smashers, i`ll try to pick him off before actually engaging my units. For example just nuking and running my troops. Either scares him off or kills him. Either is fine :)
--Orb of corruption on my lich assuming i have the gold. -5 armor only makes it easier to pick off units and heros. MUCH easier, not sure if anyone has noticed exactly how big that 5 armor is :)
--Scroll of town portal - If my dk is getting focus fired and is surrounded or something i cant micro out of, i will most deffinately tp. Dont want to be in a situation where your main hero gets no experience, and something you cant get out of right away assuming its going horribly wrong
--Healing pot on my Dk - Cant really heal him, and he tends to get focused.
--*some times* i will put a rod of necromancy on all my heros. Sometimes popping out 6 skeletons right away can really turn the tides. Thats the beauty of no cool down :)
Also if anyone wants to play a game on bnet let me know
PeaceBreaker (azeroth)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by PeaceBreaker
hrm thought i'd add this too.
What items are you sure to carry into a late game battle?
After thinkin gover it a bit and revising what i take into battle, i came up with.
--Healing scroll on my Dk and Lich.
--Mana potion on my lich (since i`ll be nuking troops constantly with him, assuming i massicare their units i might need a quick boost in mana to slow that running hero ) However i will focus the hero quickly if its something posing a large threat to mine, like a pesky blade master. And if its a tauren chieftain or mountain king/ghoul smashers, i`ll try to pick him off before actually engaging my units. For example just nuking and running my troops. Either scares him off or kills him. Either is fine :)
--Orb of corruption on my lich assuming i have the gold. -5 armor only makes it easier to pick off units and heros. MUCH easier, not sure if anyone has noticed exactly how big that 5 armor is :)
--Scroll of town portal - If my dk is getting focus fired and is surrounded or something i cant micro out of, i will most deffinately tp. Dont want to be in a situation where your main hero gets no experience, and something you cant get out of right away assuming its going horribly wrong
--Healing pot on my Dk - Cant really heal him, and he tends to get focused.
--*some times* i will put a rod of necromancy on all my heros. Sometimes popping out 6 skeletons right away can really turn the tides. Thats the beauty of no cool down :)
Also if anyone wants to play a game on bnet let me know
PeaceBreaker (azeroth)
Oh, did you forget? You can continue to dance around a rod of necromancy on your heros (if you only have 1). You can use it for one hero, and then give it to another one to use (since the cooldown doesn't follow the item).

The Orb of Corruption owns MG's and heros REALLY bad. Heros - Armor = Dead heros.

I think you basically said it all. Items are very important for UD. That is why it is important to get that Tomb of Relics out quickly.

BTW: We don't have many UD players here...in fact, I might be the only hardcore one here (not counting you). ;)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by noob_phucker
well im a "soft-core" ud player (ud is my 2nd fave race)

i swear the war3 forums are dead
Most likely dead. Most people can't figure out how to log on. They don't know that they just have to disable cookies and it works. :D

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
APM? around 120 last time I checked... when im not mass spamming. I think I've gotten a bit better though... its about time I boot up good ol' war3chart again

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swooper
APM? around 120 last time I checked... when im not mass spamming. I think I've gotten a bit better though... its about time I boot up good ol' war3chart again
I could believe it swoop, your pretty fast.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Actions Per Minute. (more than 60 means that you are sending input to the computer more than once a second)

My average when I was still playing avidly was about 70-80.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
My best apm ever was 180 something, it was in an AT game, my first game as humans on Tft. My base was under siege the whole game, I had a partner from my clan, he was a, ahem, "new player" and wasnt too much help. I held out for about 12 minutes, checked the apm after the game, and i was like, Holy S@*&, cause all i had was an Archmage, some footmen and millitia. My average apm tho is around 70-100, it depends. Some games are more active than others. If you have the correct counters, at times you can just attack move on their base and win easily, with low apm and minimal micro

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by BluddLuSt4Life
My best apm ever was 180 something, it was in an AT game, my first game as humans on Tft. My base was under siege the whole game, I had a partner from my clan, he was a, ahem, "new player" and wasnt too much help. I held out for about 12 minutes, checked the apm after the game, and i was like, Holy S@*&, cause all i had was an Archmage, some footmen and millitia. My average apm tho is around 70-100, it depends. Some games are more active than others. If you have the correct counters, at times you can just attack move on their base and win easily, with low apm and minimal micro
Also note that APM can be spoofed. It is not a definite indicator of skill.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by noob_phucker
where do u get the apm or how do u find out, cuz there is no chance in hell that im gonna start countin.
There are programs out there that can analyze replays. You just have to look on google for them.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
My average was 200 something.. mayb around 250 i think.. but that was massive controll tho ;) and thats fastest i could get to, and this isnt jus spoofed apm calc :)