Anyone played Halo2 on 360 yet?

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
A guy sold his old xbox and his games to buy more 360 games, I thought to myself "What games? Theres like 5...". I am leaning more to the PS3, as I have been for quite some time. Why is there no "OMGWTF Nintendo Revolution FTW!" crap going around? I'd like to try it so when everyone realizes its the greatest thing that has ever happened, I'll already have it. Chances are, it'll be just the like the GC, crappy games with no special features. I hope nintendo does something a bit more impressive that mini-disks.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Master_America said:
My friend brought over his Xbox 360 for a while. I don't have high definition, but my component video cables could more than make up for that minor detail. NFS: Most Wanted was pretty awesome... no complaints there. The HDR in that game was amazing. Perfect Dark: Zero was horrible, though. Low framerates, cruddy character skins, skippy music... the only decent detail would have been the textures, which were--at best--comparable to the textures at Halo 2, though at higher resolutions. Gameplay didn't seem to great, either. It doesn't live up to its predecessor.

I put in Halo 2 and gave it a shot. It ran well at first, but had trouble loading levels at times. It doesn't fix Halo 2's numerous texture problems (something I hoped that the 360 would do). Load times weren't any better, either. In fact, they might have been worse.

We had trouble with the wireless controller, too. It wouldn't connect. The batteries were used, but not too low, but after using a couple tricks I was able to squeeze more power out of the batteries to get them working again.

As for the 360 itself? I'm not impressed. Those of you who say that the Xbox 360 is going to be "ahead" of the PS3--I'd like to see some sources. I don't believe you and I personally doubt that many people will. The PS3 will be more powerful than the Xbox 360 in many aspects. Besides, Sony will learn from Microsoft's mistakes. They'll work out the kinks in their system before its release. I mean... don't get me wrong, I'm a big Xbox fan--it's just that I know how to face the facts.
Ive played NFS:MW, King Kong, and PDZ. NFSMW is a ****ing elite game. Awsome for people who played Hot Pursute. King Kong was noob. Intence graphics, but noob game imo. I didnt like it. PDZ is a pretty awsome launch FPS. :) We never had problems with the wireless controllers, though we use duracell 2300mAh recharable battery's.

The PS3 isnt going to be THAT much better than the xbox 360. The floating point of the system has been proven to be very close to the 360. Also the PS3 is A LOT harder to program for (make games) due to their "OMGODZ WE GAWT 7 KOREZ, BUT THREE RNT WRK'N" system. They are trying to get a 'Wow' factor for their cell technology, but concidering almost half of their core's arent working, its getting massive over heat problems, programmers dont want to program for it cause of its 'pain in the ass' factor compared to the xbox 360 or the revolution, and many other points. The xbox 360 will be ahead graphicly for most of this console race. Wether noob sony fanboy's think that their printer station 3 will be superior or not, i dont really care.

_Johnny said:
A guy sold his old xbox and his games to buy more 360 games, I thought to myself "What games? Theres like 5...". I am leaning more to the PS3, as I have been for quite some time. Why is there no "OMGWTF Nintendo Revolution FTW!" crap going around? I'd like to try it so when everyone realizes its the greatest thing that has ever happened, I'll already have it. Chances are, it'll be just the like the GC, crappy games with no special features. I hope nintendo does something a bit more impressive that mini-disks.

Excuse me? There was over 18 games on launch, and another 39 comming out VERY soon. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/catalog.aspx?g=0&c=10&s=2&xlm=0&h=0&r=0&p=1

· Idea Factory: untitled
· Eidos: untitled
· Arc System Works: a 'battle melee action' game
· Activision: Call of Duty 2, Tony Hawk American Waste, Quake 4, Gun
· Atari Japan: Test Drive Unlimited
· Artdink: Take the A Train X
· SNK: KOF Max. Impact 2
· EA: FIFA, Need For Speed Most Wanted, NBA Live
· Capcom, Resi 5, Dead Rising
· Kids Station, untitled
· Cavia: untitled
· Glef: untitled
· Genki
· Koei: Shin Sangoku Musou Special
· Konami: Winning 11, Rumble Rose XX, Pro Yakyuu Spirits
· Success: Operation Darkness, ZOOKEEPER
· Jaleco: untitled
· Square Enix: FFXI
· Spike: untitled
· Sega: Chrome Hounds (?)
· Taito: World Air Force
· THQ Japan, Saints Row, The Outfit
· D3: X, Oneechanbara X
· Tecmo: DOA4, DOA XVB 2, Project Progressive (action game) DOA Code Cronus
· Tomy: Zoids
· Treasure: untitled game
· Namco: Ridge Racer 6, Frame City, untitled RPG, LOVE FOOTBALL
· Hudson: Tengai Makyou ZIRIA
· Hamster: untitled
· Bandai: Z Gundam
· Banpresto: Super Robot Taisen
· Vivendi: untitled
· From software: EM Enchant Arm
· Frontier Groove: untitled game
· Microsoft Game Studios: Everyparty (from Game Republic), Ninety Nine Nights, PGR3
· Marvelous: untitled game
· Yukes: Wrestle Kingdom
· Ubisoft: Ghost Recon 3

Those were alll launch titles.

The revolution has not got anywhere near as much buz because they arent sporting a uber powerfull console. They are sporting a emulator......that looks like a router. Though the price of it will me amazing (said can be between 150-100 dollars), and some people think that controller is insainly awsome, it hasnt gotten much buz. A reason why that could be as well is cause they havent given out ANY specs for the system as well. I think i saw a leak awhile back that said 2.4ghz? I dont remember.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
The new Nintendo is a console all in itself from what I hear, but it is supposed to be able to support NES, SNES, N64, and GC games which is frikkin awesome. I'm considering getting one once they come out and just continue enjoying my original XBOX until late next year when the prices drop.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
jd-inflames said:
The new Nintendo is a console all in itself from what I hear, but it is supposed to be able to support NES, SNES, N64, and GC games which is frikkin awesome. I'm considering getting one once they come out and just continue enjoying my original XBOX until late next year when the prices drop.

Yes...the revolution will be able to play roms for nes and snes, dont know about n64. I believe GC games are supported. The roms for the nes and snes will be either free or small price.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Either way, for the price it seems awfully convenient, don't you think?

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, ill get one if they make a metriod for it....and i dont have to point my controller at the screen to shoot.....i hope to god.....

a proof of more than 3 games for the xbox, ive got pictures of my local futureshop today. :

Games :

All of em together :

Xbox 360 Accessories :

Friends Devon and Branden, dont even mention the tuke.....

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoop dee doo, ported sports titles you can get on any current gen console that almost fills half of the x360 launch title, and two PC ports that are best played on the PC. Roff.

There are only 5 originial titles at the 360's launch, and not even one is a killer app, lmao. PDZ is your generic FPS wall hugging rolling noobfest with nothing new to offer, Kameo is a 8 hour borefest, Amped 3 is shit, Condemned is great, but it's only 8-10 hours. PGR3 is the only game worth buying, because it looks superb and plays great.

I'll wait till next year to get a 360. Mass Effect, Too Human Trilogy, Halo 3, Lost Oddesey are the only titles that interest me.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
The only game out right now that looked good to me was CoD2...I played it on 360 at GameStop and it's freaking beautiful.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
CoD2, NFS:MW, Condemned, PDZ, TH:AW, and PGR are all GREAT games. Can you play some of them on other consoles or pc's? yes. Are the graphics as good? no. Is everyone on a even playing feild for hardware(pc wise). yes. You cant bitch about "OMG IM TEH ONLEH OEN DAT LEGZ" because everyone has the same hardware, if its a isp problem, go bitch to them. Thank you.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
COTA-GoD said:
CoD2, NFS:MW, Condemned, PDZ, TH:AW, and PGR are all GREAT games. Can you play some of them on other consoles or pc's? yes. Are the graphics as good? no. Is everyone on a even playing feild for hardware(pc wise). yes. You cant bitch about "OMG IM TEH ONLEH OEN DAT LEGZ" because everyone has the same hardware, if its a isp problem, go bitch to them. Thank you.
They only look better than their current gen counterparts(NFS, TH and COD2) when they're in HD, what are you talking about? PGR3 is the only godly game among all the shitty 360 titles.

@ Master_America

I'm getting it for the PC. ES is nothing without mods.

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
I might have to pick up a Revolution simply for the Roms. COTA, you own people on every one of your replies, lol.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
x42bn7 said:
They only look better than their current gen counterparts(NFS, TH and COD2) when they're in HD, what are you talking about? PGR3 is the only godly game among all the shitty 360 titles.

@ Master_America

I'm getting it for the PC. ES is nothing without mods.

That is quite untrue, i will have my xbox next to a xbox 360 on the 28th, ill make sure he rents NFS: MW for the day, and ill take pictures of them side by side. We dont have any high def tv's, so, all the pictures will be on tv's in 480i format.

Patrick_A said:
I might have to pick up a Revolution simply for the Roms. COTA, you own people on every one of your replies, lol.

Thats what i do. Lol

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Ill get the xbox 360 by march and when you can actually get your hands on a PS3 ill get one too. It's just not right to play old graphics on xbox or ps2 when there is something way better (xbox360), and why wait another year for something a little better. I think it is well worth the money to get the good gameplay out of the xbox360 in the meantime even if it ends up being a little lower ranking than PS3.