Anti-Blademaster techniques?

Zerg83

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I play Human on WC3 Expansion and I'm having trouble adjusting to the douche bag Blademaster hurrassers :fencing:

I know that I can get my towers to see invisible units but that requires a Keep and an Arcane Santuary and that's sometimes hard to get right in the begining when you're also trying to build an army while your getting Blademaster harassed...

so is there any ways to stop douchbagery of the Blademaster?

Cause I kinda wanna start pwnin :boxing:

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Buying dust is the best method. It really ticks them off when you can see them while they are claoked and can take damage. Dust is also effective vs early ne.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
1) Maphack can still cause you to lose.
2) If you get rushed before you get straight chims, you are gged.
3) I could easily get air to counter it.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
[glow=black] Yea I would have to say to use arcane towers + dust… just stay away from the BM and let it chase you around, while you micro the crap out of his grunts… there’s always MK as second hero... [/glow]

ChrisH36

Reaction score
For Ne, hide your wisps behind moon wells to stall him. Also lead him through ancients to take some damage. I have managed to kill Blademasters a few times (hilarious it is).

But as stated above, Dust and Arcane Towers are your friends.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Which most players online don't. I have gotten away with Leveling up at human bases cause either they dont get a tower or they do but its not in the best position.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Build your first farm right off the path to your mine, an arcane tower, and dust. If you get mk first like i do, the stun gg's bm.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For the beginning...DEFINITELY GET AN ARCANE TOWER...Hu should usually get an arcane when they are playing against orcs because they have little chance at the start unless they tower rush...

Position the arcane around your lumber and gold peasants...

Reaction score
The towers are good but what if ur not fighting near ur base? Well, I have a technique that I've found extremely effective against the dreaded BM's windwalk + critical strike. First, you have to remember that ORC's have a weak mid-game. So, therefore your strategy going into this 1v1 is to attack mid game. You want to start training riflemen, casters and mortars. You might also want to train a few footmen for small melee support. Go AM as your first hero, and select the elemental,aura, elemental, aura, etc. Second here get MK with bolt as first special. Anyways, what most BM's usually do in a battle, is windwalk past ur initial melee, past your riflemen and attack either ur AM, casters, or mortars. Usually the casters, which are easy to kill and will give them lots of XP. Always remember to keep your am potted up. What I noticed is that the BM will usually windwalk when it is pretty low on hp then either run out of battle or stand still while they heal and then attack ur weak unit againl. Regardless, heres what you do. As soon as you notice the BM is about to windwalk and you can tell because his health will be getting pretty low. So what you do is throw up a flare with your mortars, which will reveal him, and stun him immediately with your MK. You then focus ur units on him, and 9 out of 10 times he's dead. This always catches them by surprise and I have found it very effective in winning battles, sometimes even the game. Even if this doesnt lose the game for them, you can trust that they wont do it again. You can also mix it up with other units, but this is what works for me. Please share with me some of your HU strategies, especially against UD, my kryptonite.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
UD is my Kryptonite as well, I am basically in the same position as you are.

But that strategy is effective for two reasons: 1) Rifles have the HP to stand up to Grunt attacks, 2) Grunts and almost every orc unit HATE slow, unless you have a Spirit Walker in the vicinity.

Reaction score
I havent had any trouble against spirit walkers while employing this strategy. I guess its because I havent faced many grunts that got walkers this early into game. I upgrade to keep rather quickly, and use multiple peasants to build both my arcance sanctum and workshop. Usually by the time I meet up against a orc they have a mixture of grunts, raiders, and heroes, maybe a caster or two, other than walkers. Keep in mind, the focal point of this strategy is to eliminate the dreaded bm, but if this has worked with other units, let me know. Im always trying to find new strategies.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, the two casters can be Spirit Walkers. When I used to play Solo against humans, I always got 2 spirit walkers before I did the caster I needed. That way, I can remove the slow & polymorph that infects my units. Once these buffs are gone, the human's gonna get flattened.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
yea i totally agree with chris. without debuffs, human just seems to get flattered. altho i recently have been pondering the idea of dark ranger as second hero...

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
yo ma dudes what you be talking about here?

listen up here.. fast expand.. 1 million towers base + expo(s), teh to tier 3 gryphons + hawks with sorc and some ground and easy win.
'bout bm i put 2 arcane towers in base if he really gets on my nerves. easy fix.

#16 as orc? o_O not gonna work. human will make dinner outta your ranger faster than u'll see it coming.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
wow VBad, you just perpetually solved all of my problems as a HU player, fast expand and 1 million towers. Thnx for the protip!

(I'm kidding btw, I love you.)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
yea i totally agree with chris. without debuffs, human just seems to get flattered. altho i recently have been pondering the idea of dark ranger as second hero...
Resistant Skin cuts the duration of Silence. The only way I see her as a weapon against Orc is if you kill the Spirit Walkers first with Gryphons.