Always insert the damn cd

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I play TFT on battle.net and always I have to insert the damn cd in my DVD drive. This really bothers me. Can you guys tell me what can I do not to have to insert the cd?
I tried to make an image but it doesn't work, always asks for the cd.
I am really disapointed by blizzard, cd in the cd-rom is so overrated, shouldn't my cd-key be evidence enough about the game autenticity.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The CD contains functions and programs that the game needs to look in order to run it properly. Much like how executables look into libraries or mpqs.

A little friend called Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% will help.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I know man, come on. The emulated image doesn't work. It always ask for the cd to be in the drive. The image is ISO type. Should I create a different kind of image?some special options beside to make a normal image to the cd and emulate it?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
There are no cd cracks but: 1) this is illegal => not for these war3 forums, 2)with such illegal sh** you dont play bnet 3) there is no way to do it, you can enter with your original cd then if you dont quit the game you can always remove it.

The original disc has a part of the data that is unique for the disc and no image can copy this data. Besides, what gives? You have a disc you play bnet ... some things require patience :)

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Really man no offense. I know that some things are ilegal, but I didn't ask for a copy of the game or a key or I don't know what. I bot the game legally, I have original keys.........but I am pissed because I always have to insert the cd, nothing more. U know, this means uneccesary usage for my DVD and for my warcraft disc also. I play warcraft pretty often and every time the cd is in the drive.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You only need it in there when you start it up. Else you can take it out.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
10x, but I've found another way.

You only need it in there when you start it up. Else you can take it out.
Ok, but if I play a game than I do something else and I play another game....... Like I said, I hate the usage.

So, I have finaly found the way: the frozen throne cd can be made and image of using Alcohol 120%. Search on Google and u can find details about the image type.
For me it works, and I don't have to insert every time the cd.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I know man, come on. The emulated image doesn't work. It always ask for the cd to be in the drive. The image is ISO type. Should I create a different kind of image?some special options beside to make a normal image to the cd and emulate it?
You could get cracks for the executables that bypass it. I needed those to run GTA: Vice City a while back. But sadly, I would have to ban the first person who posts that information here and tries to help you.

MingoDynasty

Reaction score
Use Daemon Tools and turn on its built in Securom emulation. Don't have to deal with any cracks or replaced .exe's and it will ALWAYS work no matter even if Blizzard releases a million patches. Haven't had to pop in my War3 cd for years now.

My cd is like stil brand new rofl.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I play TFT on battle.net and always I have to insert the damn cd in my DVD drive.
damn dude thats rough, sorry for your troubles

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Note the sarcasm in that response.