Agressiveness Factor

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Up until now, I had been playing Zerg, but I got fed up with them. Played a Terran. Game went on for about 40 min. All quite. I had a large enough force. 24 Lings, 24 Hydras, 2 Queens, 2 Defilers, 4 Ultralisks, 4 Lurkers, 2/2 upgrades. He comes in with 5 BC's, 3 Wraiths, 5 Frigates, 2 Goliaths, a handful of Rines, 2 Tanks, and a Science Vessel. Completely wiped me out. I hung on for as long as I could, but still was killed by a wave of Rines and Bats he sent afterwards. So I've been systematically finding Terran Players and kicking their asses, one by one, till I find someone who is playing under the same color as the terran that killed me. A little obsessive? Yes. But it is the only way I gain regain some measure of self confidence. So far 155 Terran have fallen before me in just over 30 minutes, through 3 games. I've lost only 22 Protoss. I like them numbers.

Anyway, the reason why I switched is this: I am much more agressive with the Protoss then I am with any other Race. I don't really know why. And I believe the deciding factor among victory and loss is agressiveness. I was way to defencesive with Zerg, and same with Terran. But with Protoss, I have confidence that I can haul ass, and still be on the map after the assault.

How about you? Which race are you best at, and is it your agressiveness, or do you stick to a certain tactic that over-rides an enemy. And do you believe it to be more of a psychological thing? (i.e. I think I am better, there for I am)

And, what the hell is this? :yum a snowman eating a smily? That's....odd.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Zerg, and i always use the same strat over and over again, adjusting only when i need to. i usually defeat someone within 30 mins or else i get beaten because i really can;t carry out the mid/late game part very well. I am only aggresive at the beggining, and when i don't take the enemy out i often lose :(

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
That was my problem as Zerg. In late game, when I had an army, I felt safe enough to attack. But early on, with just a few Lings and Hydras, I'm way to defence consious. Then, my opponent usually expos like crazy, and just out techs me. Which pisses me, cause I could have had him if I had only attacked sooner.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I had the same problem Prox. And i still have that problem when vsing Zergers. I can never find a good footing against them. I feel much more in control when PvP or PvT.

I tend to be defensive in PvZ's (Which is rather stupid, i know), but in PvT's i tend to attack straight-away, same with PvP's.

I'm glad you switched to Protoss, now we can PvP!!! GOGO PROTOSS!

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
lol.. i play as toss typicly and i usually go defensive no matter what i am facing (in the begining) take a game i played a few days ago vs a friend, island hop (he wanted to do it i hate the map) bassicly all i did was expand asap and get like 4 bases, while he was zerg and had 2 by the time i had 4, with all the extra minerals i crushed him, but the important thing was in the mid i fended off a huge attack with mainly storm, which is what i use for main d along with detects lots and goons, so i usually go defensive untill i build up goons lots and temps and then i go for either scouts or something else, usually scouts they work well as peackeepers and as protecors ;)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I was using zerg with my scehdual and all i wanted to rush and have more tme to play:| only prob is my timing...
Now i switch to Terran. im still not good but good enought to put up good fight