About the D2 Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
I hate to say but the mods here suck. The only good mods that actually post or play d2 or actually check this section or a combination of the three are Dark Matter, CM, Radix, and Galatia. The rest (Sweaty, Khull, and Minny) don't post in the d2 section anymore, play d2 anymore, or have any knowledge of d2 anymore (Sweaty being the only one). I like Sweaty, Radix, Khull and Minny, but i do not find there being much use to the whole D2BF community. Sweaty has current knowledge of the game but has shifted to Guildwars and has quit D2. Khull doesn't play D2 (Shifted to WoW) but i don't see him bein a bad mod. I don't see how you could be a good mod for the D3 Section or Open Market Section other than warning people for spamming and sticking good information or updated rules. Minny, posts here but just at random times and doesn't play d2 anymore that i know of.
If they're guna be D2 Mods then they need to post here more and actually be active in the D2 section and play the game. It's hard to believe that someone could be a mod of a game section that they do not even play anymore or post in anymore.

These are all just my thoughts anyway.

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry Trojan, but I'm the staff member for this section. My duties are to supervise and manage all moderators of these forums, keep the forums alive, and promote their general welfare. You could argue that my posting helps keep the forums alive, and you're probably right. However, I don't feel it necesary to post in every thread there is unless I've got something worth saying. I read 75% of the threads that are posted in this sections, but do not reply. I also vote for this section on Gamesites200 every 30 hours without fail. If I truly didn't care about this section anymore, I wouldn't be doing that, now would I?

About playing, so what? I run these forums, keep them in order, and I've been doing that. That's all I'm required to do, and I feel that I do it well. I perform an average 2-3 moderator actions a day in these forums, some times more.

The activity of some of the moderators, as far as moderation goes and definately posting goes, is, however, questionable. This is no reason for them to step down from their positions, as everyone gets busy. I am more than happy to pick up the slack when necesary, and have.

I'm not sure if you were trying to get the staff members you named to step down, or what your intentions were with this thread. You're fully welcome to express your opinion of how we do our job, but in this case I feel you're wrong.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
No i'm not trying to get the staff members to step down, just making notice to everyone about my points. You still have knowlegde of D2 and unique builds and such which is why the only thing I said about you was that you shifted to GuildWars and quit D2.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
lol, seriously, me = good moderator? ROFL

I'm not even needed in the sections that I mod.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Minny lives somewhere in the Korean region. Time for him excells 12 hours almost, so he works the night shift literally. So therefore, he can't always warn, close or explain problems 10 times per day. Even if he does, his time would say like 3-4 AM or so.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Although most people know this already, I haven't played Diablo II since last year. I quit for quite some time. Basically, all I do around here is improve the forum, make it fun to visit, and try to get people a little spark of Diablo II fun in their everyday browsing. Basically I'm a maintenance moderator. I keep the forums I moderate clean. But at the same time, I'm trying to get back into the game was well as make the forums I moderate better for everyone else who still plays and needs something else to do for their Diablo II Experience.

I play Diablo I, but that’s about it. That still doesn't make up for me not playing Diablo II. If I could, I would play it quite a bit and still be an active moderator around my sections. My internet doesn't allow me to play at night, which is the time I would be mostly playing at. That's why I quit the first time, along with being bored of the game. When or if I fix my internet, I would most likely get back in the game. Otherwise, I don't play it anymore since September of last year. If you dislike me for that, I would not blame you.

While the other moderators you listed may be inactive, at least they semi-try. I see Khull splitting posts and whatnot here and there. He's not completely hooked on WoW. I respect that he has the decency to come back and do a few moderator actions every now and then rather to let his respective forums rot and decay with spam/redundant questions/flaming, etc.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You don't need to play the game to be able to moderate. Althought it does help...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Well, it will give you a better understanding if someone wants help in a certian field.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
True. But most of the info is provided by the people who still play a lot. We have a few, enough to hold off that sort of thing. Mostly though, the questions that usually circle through the Forums are easily answered with common sense, or by linking them to a site that has all the information presented for them.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
True. But most of the info is provided by the people who still play a lot. We have a few, enough to hold off that sort of thing. Mostly though, the questions that usually circle through the Forums are easily answered with common sense, or by linking them to a site that has all the information presented for them.
yeah like "there is no dupe fag" or "trojan talk isn't allowed, /ban" or "stop spamming nubface"

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
You know what I meant Lee. Seeing as you're one of the people who cares enough to reply to such people with your leet wisdom. There are such replies as those you listed, but I try and see them and split them and assign warnings if nessecary. If you see any such replies, please report them. And if any of you feel I shouldn't moderate, I honestly don't blame you.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
You know what I meant Lee. Seeing as you're one of the people who cares enough to reply to such people with your leet wisdom. There are such replies as those you listed, but I try and see them and split them and assign warnings if nessecary. If you see any such replies, please report them. And if any of you feel I shouldn't moderate, I honestly don't blame you.

yeah i know, i was simply saying that the most of the people say. :p i think you have done a good job as a mod so far.

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
Usually when I arrive here...DM's got everything done hehehe

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
It's my fault for leaving. My bad.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
I see more and more people talk rubbish and give false information in my forum(s), which kinda worries me... guess i'll have to start being active again

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'm sorry, but I know just as much about diablo now a days than someone that still plays, and I havn't played since the 1.1 ladder reset.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Nothing has really changed since the 1.10 ladder reset -.-. New runewords i doubt you know about. The only way you could know about them is to go to the bnet diablo2 site.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Exactally my point. Nothing has changed. People are still using the same builds to become uber, and still just doing cow / baal runs. There isn't much to the game if you boil it down to the little bitties and such. The new runewords would take about 40 seconds to look up on BNet, and I doubt anyone here modwise has all the runewords memorized.

Status
Not open for further replies.