About the Counter Strike server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if I should be saying this, but it should be made public why the server is down and what is going to happen to it. Don't move this mod(s). But here is what I heard last night from Crochalos.

He had the server shut down for the time being. Don't get mad at cort or the other admins. I don't think we were really ready to have our own server yet.

I was told that until we make rules and regulations for the public players and admins of the server. It will not be back up. Now he also told me that someone needs to come up with good rules and such. So I have started making my drafts of the rules and regulations last night. Rules such as the punishment for abuse and whatnot.

You people can trust me that I will work hard to get the server back up. Also will be more fun with what I will try to do. Hopefully I don't get side tracked tonight by gay ass AOL IM bots who IM me and piss me off for a good 10 minutes...

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zaku said:
You people can trust me that I will work hard to get the server back up. Also will be more fun with what I will try to do. Hopefully I don't get side tracked tonight by gay ass AOL IM bots who IM me and piss me off for a good 10 minutes...
Warn them and they go away.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Zaku said:
Im not sure if I should be saying this, but it should be made public why the server is down and what is going to happen to it. Don't move this mod(s). But here is what I heard last night from Crochalos.

He had the server shut down for the time being. Don't get mad at cort or the other admins. I don't think we were really ready to have our own server yet.

I was told that until we make rules and regulations for the public players and admins of the server. It will not be back up. Now he also told me that someone needs to come up with good rules and such. So I have started making my drafts of the rules and regulations last night. Rules such as the punishment for abuse and whatnot.

Wow I wish I had some say on anything that happens in CS on the battleforums.

Zaku

Reaction score
TwistedRat said:
Wow I wish I had some say on anything that happens in CS on the battleforums.
You do, but I never see you online. :(

Also I have experience in this field as a former staff member. Because its a large issue we are dealing with. Just PM or IM me, and talk with me.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm online from 5:00-10:00, I check the forums regularly, and I leave my friends online during this time.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
There have been about 3 attempts at a CS BF server. I was one of them, i had a private 20 player private for newbs to join my OGL team and get some league experience. Everyone wanting in posted here and failed to IM me so i shut it down.

We really need to advertise the server more or schedule a time for everyone to be on :/

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't think theres anyway in hell your still banned, unless you haven't actually tried to join the server. I've deleted the ban cfgs/text files, and manualy done all the unban commands for you(ip,steamid,name with AMX and RCON).

Zaku

Reaction score
Im still working on this, I have not had ANY time in the past week to get online.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Sorry I haven't been around to help... been really busy lately.

But I don't understand the problem. Set ground rules and the server's back, right? The ground rules should prevent admin abuse at the least. What's so hard about that?

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
What are you whining about, your basically getting free advertising, nobodys whoring your bandwidth.

NGServers

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.ngservers.net
I don't care about money. I just feel like I'm getting something for nothing. I'm a fair, kind, caring and generous person. What crawled up your ass?

Teddy

Reaction score
NGServers said:
I don't care about money. I just feel like I'm getting something for nothing. I'm a fair, kind, caring and generous person. What crawled up your ass?
Why do you act emo about it?

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
NGServers, please ignore any more of these remarks. Only reply to the ones that don't seem like spam/flames. Also, know that only the MODS/STAFF members speak for battleforums.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We need to get some real maps instead of custom junk, and a map rotation, I hated waiting for an admin to change maps. We also need to stop the admin abuse, there was too much for a public server, this isn't your own private clan server.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
TreeFrog123 said:
We need to get some real maps instead of custom junk, and a map rotation
That custom junk was all requested, and if you would have requested stuff it may have been on there, and I did have a rotation working the last week the server was up.

to stop the admin abuse, there was too much for a public server, this isn't your own private clan server.
The only admin abuse was blue. If your griping about me temp banning rushers on a aim_ map remember that I asked them not to several times(ruins the chance at the other team winning on AIM MAPS, and is lame), and they did it anyway even after being kicked.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
NGServers said:
you should contact Cortalos....

Status
Not open for further replies.