A penny for my thoughts about BF.

Spinny2Dope

Resident Forums AARP Member
Reaction score
Website
forums.somethingawful.com
I've been a member of BF since summer of 2003. I was 13. Young, stupid, with a propensity for Diablo 2 and WC3 hacks. I also like shitty music. Now I'm 19, in my 2nd year of college. I play World of Warcraft off and on, I read a lot more, my musical interests have definitely matured (did I REALLY listen to Insane Clown Posse?! Ugh.) and I have a serious, long-term girlfriend. Looking back on my posts from 2003-2006, I just want to slap the hell out of myself.

I check back here every now and again, mainly to keep my forums account active. I never really knew a whole lot of people here (Cota, Summit, Pan, Starfish mainly). Except for those users, I don't remember a whole lot of people. I'm considering making BattleForums visits a mainstay in my daily Internet rounds (along with Gmail, Youtube, and SomethingAwful) after seeing how much this website has grown over the years. Gone are the days where there were dedicated forums for Diablo 2 and WC3 hacks. BF has gone respectable, and I think it's great. After all, who needs ShadowFrench when you have skill?

In conclusion: BattleForums, while not yet a part of my daily routine, has been a constant mainstay during my years of websurfing. It's good to know that while other things may change, things that you hold dear, that others are constant. Girlfriends may come and go, but BattleForums.com is forever :)

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wow, that's something.

In all honesty, BF isn't the greatest it can be, but heck, if you think about it, we've survived 7 long years so far. And there's definitely a lot of life left!

Anyways, welcome back :)

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Glad you remembered us!

Hacks on BF has been something of a touchy subject for a very long time. While allowing them, and developing them was something I always favored (as it brought in more traffic), seeing someone like yourself, who respects that, has someone altered my stance on it now.

Glad to see you might continue sticking with us and hope to see ya around more often! :p

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
this place use to be top on my daily routine till a month or 2 ago.
trying to make an effort here to come back. kinda hard when i feel disconnected

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
what i dont like is it feels like i found a whole new community to go to and stay. always thought this would be my first and last forum :(

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I must of become awesome when you were busy. because I am too be remembered.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Can't believe you like TF2. :(
game just grew on me over time and a community helps like you said with DoD:S. would have liked to play that but it would be boring since my mic magickly kills only your and your associates audio D:

on spy: its fun clearing out a campus lan with spy :D

Spinny2Dope

Reaction score
Website
Glad you remembered us!

Hacks on BF has been something of a touchy subject for a very long time. While allowing them, and developing them was something I always favored (as it brought in more traffic), seeing someone like yourself, who respects that, has someone altered my stance on it now.

Glad to see you might continue sticking with us and hope to see ya around more often! :p
Well, not so much as I respect the hacks themselves. I more respect the technical and coding skill it took to make those hacks. The BFHS was a group of extremely smart and talented individuals, and that is something I can respect.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Ah, I messed up on that sentence. I meant to convey that because you respected we no longer allow them has altered my opinion on whether we should allow them back. Again, I used to be in favor of allowing them, but you give me hope that some people may look to us as a respectable gaming community. :p

Spinny2Dope

Reaction score
Website
Ah, I messed up on that sentence. I meant to convey that because you respected we no longer allow them has altered my opinion on whether we should allow them back. Again, I used to be in favor of allowing them, but you give me hope that some people may look to us as a respectable gaming community. :p
Ah, I see what you're talking about. Unfortunately, a lot of people still view things with the rose colored glasses of nostalgia. In my personal opinion, I wouldn't like to see BF go back to sanctioning hacking. I'd much rather see BF promote fair play, and have guides and articles devoted to helping gamers legitimately improve their skills.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
seems only fair then that you submit some guides

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score