A few questions

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Question one: Does Xbox live require a credit card to pay the fee?

Question 2: how much is the fee?

Question 3: is xbox live fun?,and how does it compare to online gaming on ps2 and pc?

im thinking of buying an xbox(not for halo2)but my parents dont got a credit card

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well I'll let someone else fill in the others, but from my understanding you can buy XBOX live and it comes with a few months(2,6,12)... Then you can continue buying it over and over if you don't have a credit card or buy a 1 year subscription card(check stores to see if they sell them).

Edit:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/sear...ico=0&Continue.x=0&Continue.y=0&Continue=Find

Subscription Card = $40.00

Starter Kit 4.0 = $70.00(Has a 1 year subscription)
- Also comes with a headset and the game crimson skys I think.

Nearby-Stalker

Member!
Reaction score
yes u need a credit card to activate your subscriptions
the price was allready said
i couldnt tell you, but what i will tell you is that its a waist of money, play a free alternative. More people play XBC than they do live. www.xboxconnect.com

Vic

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Nearby-Stalker said:
yes u need a credit card to activate your subscriptions
the price was allready said
i couldnt tell you, but what i will tell you is that its a waist of money, play a free alternative. More people play XBC than they do live. www.xboxconnect.com

wrong

you dont need a Creditcard if you buy a sub card as stated above

it is alot more fun vs ps2 by far my friend has ps2 xbox and pc and prefers xbox ps2 like no one is on it has major lag

xbox can lag but it wont be as bad as ps2 or pc because you have to have a connection over a certain speed to get on live

if you have xbox and a few games for live (halo 2) then i suggest you get it

you will love it because you can talk to people and tell them what to do on the spot or when your close to an oppent (only for halo 2 atm) you can talk to them even if there not on your team and tat can be really fun to to jack someones ride and say something like "my ride bitch" then run them over or something thus giveing them a reason to hunt you down and kill you over and over and when they do they will be like "whos ride is it now?"

yes that happend to me ><

iwith XBC you CANNOT talk to people at all and from what i hear only two xboxs can connect together

XBL will cost you depending an what you pay monthly, half year or year

i pay by year at 50$ and i beleave a month is like 10$

id suggest you pay by the year

now that i spent all my time typeing this out your gonna go get live and be happy and then your gonna add me to your XBL buddy list (Vicious101) and tell me how much you love XBL

^-^

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hehe ty for the replies,but i wont be getting an xbox untill xmas :( when i do ill post my name

Nearby-Stalker

Member!
Reaction score
Vicious101 said:
wrong

you dont need a Creditcard if you buy a sub card as stated above

it is alot more fun vs ps2 by far my friend has ps2 xbox and pc and prefers xbox ps2 like no one is on it has major lag

xbox can lag but it wont be as bad as ps2 or pc because you have to have a connection over a certain speed to get on live

if you have xbox and a few games for live (halo 2) then i suggest you get it

you will love it because you can talk to people and tell them what to do on the spot or when your close to an oppent (only for halo 2 atm) you can talk to them even if there not on your team and tat can be really fun to to jack someones ride and say something like "my ride bitch" then run them over or something thus giveing them a reason to hunt you down and kill you over and over and when they do they will be like "whos ride is it now?"

yes that happend to me ><

iwith XBC you CANNOT talk to people at all and from what i hear only two xboxs can connect together

XBL will cost you depending an what you pay monthly, half year or year

i pay by year at 50$ and i beleave a month is like 10$

id suggest you pay by the year

now that i spent all my time typeing this out your gonna go get live and be happy and then your gonna add me to your XBL buddy list (Vicious101) and tell me how much you love XBL

^-^

im wrong? i believe it is you that is misinformed. You can have up to 4 xboxs on xbc and u can use your xblcom (mic) on xbc. Jim dont waist your money on xbl, get xbc.