A comic idea

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lately in class I have started drawing a comic. Nothing too big, but I have been thinking about making full-scale panels, printing them, and making them a cover and everything and give them to friends.

In an attachment I have a picture of some of the female characters.

The first one is named Steph, short for Stephanie who is a freshman girl in my 2nd period class that I have become friends with. She looks hot compared to her character :) The hair color is as close as I could get, but the bangs that cover her eye is longer.

The second character doesnt have a name, but I am thinking of nameing it Kit, short for Kitty. The story behind the cat is this:
In the first comic it shows Steph's cat as a cute little kitten or whatever, and in the 2nd or 3rd panel it gets brutally murdered by a passing car. So sad, yes.
Steph later that night sees a shooting star and makes a wish, "I wish Kitty was still alive..."

The thing is, they buried that cat underground, so when it comes alive again, ta-da!, its underground. So sad for the Kitty. The form that I use for the comic will be its, like, zombie or ghost form. It's a cat that has come back for the dead.

The 3rd character is a ghost-girl. I am not too sure about her story or a name for her yet.

I have 2 male characters. One complaines about not having a name in the first comic, and I really don't plan on giving him a name anytime soon. The other male character is named Ish, short for Issues, because he looks like the doll off of the Korn album Issues. Ish is going to be the cute little doll who acts as a "bad-thing" absorber for the girl, of which he take in her nightmares and bad feelings and stuff so she doesnt have to suffer from them. He also weilds a knife about as long as he is, and the bottom of the hilt of the knife has a smiley face. A bit of irony will be in the characters everywhere.
Tell me what you think of the characters.

The comic will sorta fall into place like JTHM and Squee! by Jhonen Vasquez.

I also intend on putting Tim Burton characters as "guests" from time to time. I plan on putting in a LOT of humor in the comic, along with an occasional "**** YOU!" followed by a dramatic death screen.

Firebat

Member!
Reaction score
hey thats cool, im also into drawing comics. make sure its visually appealing as well as the story having a catchy narrative with a flowing story building up to climaxes after every chapter...if you want any tips or ideas, or even sketches pm me

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been thinking about it, and i've been thinking of changing the style around a bit.

Something similar to this:

All I have to realy do to change the style is stretch a lot of the dimensions of the characters. I have to focus a lot on the eyes, because the way you make eyes makes a character look realy unique.

And that style uses a lot more dull colors. Most of the characters I make are short, so I'm probably going to start giving them a bit more height, because so many features so close together gets a little discouraging after a while. Make it look less childish.

That would also mean using more color-pencil/pastels instead of plain ink and pencil all the time.

Zerglite

Reaction score
with your sense of humor, it will be mediocre probably.

- Not that i could do any better just i dont expect anything great.

Firebat

Member!
Reaction score
eyebrows and face posture really show the characters feelings and personal features, i would add a bit more detail or atleast some expression into their faces

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zerglite said:
with your sense of humor, it will be mediocre probably.

- Not that i could do any better just i dont expect anything great.
Santos, Jacob, Stephanie, Josh K, Jonathon K, Josh D, Geoffry, Dusty, Dustin and a few other people will contribute ideas, so it wont be just my sense of humor.

I will definatly get Marina and Jordan to help a bit :)