-_-; I'm in need of some iPod assistance...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
First off, I do not actually own an iPod. I do, however, work at Radio Shack, thus I sell iPods. I recently sold a iPod Mini, and a customer is having difficulty loading songs he downloaded from Napster ($15/month unlimited downloads) onto his device.

I need assistance as quickly as possible, so any aid would be greatly apreciated.

The customer is calling in request, which is making things all the more difficult. I cannot work in an environment where I cannot see what I'm doing. Especially when the person on the other end is doing a poor job describing what he is doing and seems to have a poor grasp of how to use a computer.

He's saying that the file-formats he sees when "loading" or "importing" a song are two formats that aren't even audio files! I'm trying to figure out if he's using the iTunes software correctly.

NOTE: This is all PC! It is the HP Apple iPod Mini with PC iTunes software.

How can I best describe the use of the iTune's software over the phone to import songs currently residing in his "My Songs" file under his "My Documents" file into his iPod Mini.

Later! I'm out!
~~BAM the DOC

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
First off, I do not actually own an iPod. I do, however, work at Radio Shack, thus I sell iPods. I recently sold a iPod Mini, and a customer is having difficulty loading songs he downloaded from Napster ($15/month unlimited downloads) onto his device.

I need assistance as quickly as possible, so any aid would be greatly apreciated.

The customer is calling in request, which is making things all the more difficult. I cannot work in an environment where I cannot see what I'm doing. Especially when the person on the other end is doing a poor job describing what he is doing and seems to have a poor grasp of how to use a computer.

He's saying that the file-formats he sees when "loading" or "importing" a song are two formats that aren't even audio files! I'm trying to figure out if he's using the iTunes software correctly.

NOTE: This is all PC! It is the HP Apple iPod Mini with PC iTunes software.

How can I best describe the use of the iTune's software over the phone to import songs currently residing in his "My Songs" file under his "My Documents" file into his iPod Mini.

Later! I'm out!
~~BAM the DOC
... I don't know, because I don't have an iPod either, but I found this:

You need to use NAPSTER's burning tools and burn everything onto a CD. Then you put that CD into your drive and upload it into iTunes. I know it worked for me but I don't think it will always work.

...*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net

The customer never called back, so, in all hopes, he figured it out or got in touch with somebody (HP or iPod owner).

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I own an ipod.. All I do is plug it into my computer. Has he formatted the ipod when he first use'd it so it would even work on a windows O/S? does he have sp2 for xp if that's what he use's or sp 100 for win2k or what ever they are on? The software for formatting comes with the ipod in side of box. Then if he has it set in file options I think to import manually he can drag and drop however by default it's just going to import \everysong it finds unless this options changed and .mp3 and .acc or what ever apple uses should be only formats so songs in .wav or what ever avoid.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It comes XP ready/compadible.

*shrug* I don't know what the childling did. He never called back. He either fixed the problem, found forum help, found a neighbor, found a friend, or returned it to a different Radio Shack.

Whatever the case, I have other issues to attend to :ninja: Figured I'd tall you guys this as, well, this topic can be, generally, ignored now :gonk:

Later! I'm out!
~~BAM the DOC

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
He baught a shuffle how nub.I got a mini I would've got a color one but not there..