_-+*`act2 Hell Merc Vs Hell Meph`*+-_

S

Stiffy_2

hey guys ima a static/orb sorc and i need sum help.
my sorc is lvl 81, and my act2 hell def merc is lvl 80. Hes using tals helm, duriels shell, and 622 bonehew. he also has max resis in hell. Im using merc to tank hell meph, and he dies in like 5 meph hits, or i have to talk to the healer dude in act3 at least 3-4 times while fighting meph. please help me im devastated, give me hints or help on how to tank meph while i smoke meph.
thanx i greatly appreciate your help.
:confused:

Nissenoll

Member!
Reaction score
Whats whit the the "i use my merc to tank meph" thing WHYYY!
I have allwais, in all versions bean killing meph with just my sorc.
Esspecially when you have orb sorc i'ts easy i usaly meph whit my firewall sorc and i do a meph run in like 1.30 min.
You only have to do static ,run around, dodge dodge the attacks and blow his head off, just as easy as that.
It's just waist of money to try to tank meph, unless ju use him to get extra mf(by wouldn't call that tanking), but from the items you use i can see you don't.
I have like 600 mf on my sorc and i usaly tele to meph and do a static then i just stant there and do firewall and swich to my mfy stuff when he almost has no life left and boom he dead!
**** the merc!!!

Nissenolls friend posted this!

---------------

True nissenoll... I agree with my friend on this one. YOU DON'T NEED A TANK. Screw the merc.

theyuw

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't use a merc to tank, just a waste of money. Your sorc should be able to hadle him anyway.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
If you are going to use a merc, I suggest an Act 5 Merc. Mine uses a 414 Damage CB, Shaftstop, and a 61 res Kira's. Unfortunately, no leech. And he dies every 7 runs or so if I am not careful with him. Screw him, the leech + damage is only 1/4 to meph anyway.

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my act2 hell merc does fine with hell meph.. he usually dies near the end, but if i give him a potion he'll survive- i recommend getting an ariocs for him. My merc is also a defense one, extra def is good.

Or- just use the river thing where you tele over the river and meph goes retarded.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
dont do meph, pindle is better
i got 2 andy's head and 4 gaze off him, + full tal set :D

btw pindle gives higher lvl (more elite uniqutes) items, but ur gonna need very high mf, and giving eth bonehew with amn runes + ed jewels, perf gaze, shaft stop is da best item set for act 2 mercs. Also, instead of def mercs, freezing mercs works better for sorcs.

With all these gears, ur merc can tank even in baal runs :D

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
Ya doin meph is a waste of time, as i quickly found out. The time it takes to get to him vs the items he drops is not worth it. he is also one of the super uniqes whose drops were lowered (along with pindle). now only baal can drop the high lvl uber items.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
but.. hell baal is xtremely hard to kill by urself.. and if ur doing it with party, all 7ppl are problly gonna take all =/ and besides, pindle and baal are both lvl 95, and both will give same amount of crappy items and good items.

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
haha, with a fire sorc, meph is easy. Baal running for mf takes up too much time.

Besides, you're saying that meph drops arent worth it? I found ormus and a LS all in the same drop. Hah.

It takes more than one try ya know.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
heh trust me, try at least 3 hrs of pindle run with like 300 mf, u get like 3 elite uniques :D meph do give good drops, but you dont get andy' head or azure wrath from it. =/

CyberneticSheep

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nihilathak is mlvl 97, so he drops even better than baal or pindle (or at least he should) unfortuneatly you can only do it once.... less you have a partner to make the game, leave, you kill him and partner makes next game... split drops however.... and unfortunetly it takes about as long as it takes to get to mephy to get to him...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
nihilathak is mlvl 97, so he drops even better than baal or pindle (or at least he should) unfortuneatly you can only do it once.... less you have a partner to make the game, leave, you kill him and partner makes next game... split drops however.... and unfortunetly it takes about as long as it takes to get to mephy to get to him...
I dun think theres ilvl thats over 95...