9/11 Movies

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
This year their will be a few movies pertaining events that happened on 9/11. Next Friday (I beleive) is the release of Flight 93, and Oliver Stone has his 4 hour (Last I heard) World Trade Towers Movie.

Now my questions are, would you go and see this? Why/why not?

I will be going to see them, it is something that I want to see if it is accurite (seeing as how I know a few people that died, and know a few families that lost someone on that day) and possibly get some insight into someones interperation of what might have happened up in the Twin Towers, and aboard Flight 93.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ill watch it, im guessing this is going to leave alot of people VERY upset, i mean, they try to ban any movie made in the past for showing the trade towers, look what they did to spiderman back in the day ~.~ so when a movie is BASED on what they are trying to hide and forget, people are going to start bitching to hell.

im goin to be glad to watch it, remember the past, dont forget it. thats the only way you learn to deal with the future.

L

Laharl

For me they'll be like the new Titanic; a nonstop roller coaster ride of thrills, chills and nonstop comedy!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It's going to be like Punch Drunk Love or Spanglish, not Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
uh....flight 93 is suppose to be a realistic movie, not a comedy of any type...

at least not as far as i know.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It's supposed to be a dramatic comedy. Like Spanglish or Punch Drunk Love. I saw an interview of Sandler on it a few weeks back, and thats pretty much word for word what he said about it.

kirby2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I won't see it cause I died in the sept 11 attacks on a subway by my house, im tramutized.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wow o.o; i didnt even know sandler played in it...

and i look at the poster all the time...

jebus :S

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I don't think I can see those movies. Without wanting to be ofensive, they are probably full of patriotic propaganda...

If any of you sees them and tells me they're not, then I might take a look at it.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hmm... *thinks about Miss america, Captain america, spidermans red and blue suit, the "Justice League"*

wow, your right.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
they try to ban any movie made in the past for showing the trade towers, look what they did to spiderman back in the day
I'm pretty sure that the crew for Spiderman took the scenes with the WTC out because they were sensitive to the issue, not because someone forced them to... I may be wrong though.

I won't see them because it's probably going to be a load of bullshit glorifying the US, which frankly, I don't need or want to see.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Dragnskull said:
look what they did to spiderman back in the day ~.~ so when a movie is BASED on what they are trying to hide and forget, people are going to start bitching to hell.
Actually, Sam Rami took the only scene with them in out in pre-editing because it was close to around the time 9/11 happened. It was something like 12/01 that he took it out, so only a few months after.

And it's not like it was a big deal, all he did was stop a helicopter with a net that was strung from building to building/

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You're thinking of the other part. There was a scene of a heli falling out of the sky and he saved it with a net. It was supposed to be in the final version of the movie but it was removed because of the 9/11 thing. The other part never made it to editing, and was removed because it had little relevance to anything in the movie.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Like it matters said:
It's supposed to be a dramatic comedy. Like Spanglish or Punch Drunk Love. I saw an interview of Sandler on it a few weeks back, and thats pretty much word for word what he said about it.
Works for me. :D