7800GT has been LAUNCHED!

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
But no AGP version. :( But it looks like a pretty sweet card it has less pipes then the GTX but it honestly looks like it isn't that much of a difference. I'm sure modders are already on there way to unlocking them, anyway.

Reviews:

[H]ard|OCP

HotHardware

Guru3D

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I looked on NewEgg for a price, but couldnt find one for the GT, only the GTX. How much is it?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I know, and if the benchmarks they set are anything to go buy... It looks like another overpriced card of nVidia.

But it looks so sweet... Better than my Radeon X300, anyway.*

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I will never understand the hardware manufacturers. We are still about 2 years behind in software...yet they keep trying to break new boundries making even better hardware instead of finding ways to make those speeds cheaper to make without losing quality. Seriously, the only games out there right now that are too much for current hardware are some of those MMO's that are built to outperform the next 5 years in hardware.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
The 7800 series is a transition series. It's like the Geforce 3 series cards... they're good in their own right, but something's gonna come out soon that's totally gonna blow it out of the water.

That said, it's an awesome graphics card. Too bad I don't have a computer that could run it well. Or money to buy it with, for the matter. Or a PCI-E slot.

septoiD2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.war3forums.net
Well its better then the X850XL-PE. Thats all that matters, I suppose.

If you haven't noticed yet, BestBuy is the WORST place to go for a price quote on anything computer enthusiast. Ever.

If you're looking for a good price quote, look at tigerdirect.ca or www.newegg.com if you're in America.

I saw a Connect3D Radeon X800 for like $236 @ TD, but I bought my BFG GeForce 6600GT OC for like $250 at this local computer store (along with all my other stuff). I was thinking about returning it and getting the x800, but then I forgot about it. I kinda like this badboy.