"

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
**Warning**this thread is a bit pointless but i needed a good old AS bitch session..

WHat is with males and being all "oh i like you too much we can't be friends" its STUPID! does anyone agree that this is a good reason to break a friendship? as this just happened to me AGAIN i can feel my level of annoyance, hurt, and what i feel is justified rage rising! obviously i was suspicious that this was a nice way of saying "just leave me alone!!!" but in this case i am convinced that this boy really does mean it.. which makes me question the validity of other such comments from male friends in the past..

i have never heard of a girl saying "my feelings for you are too strong so i think we shouldn't be friends anymore" its just absolute crap. so any opinions. if anyone cares to enlighten me as to whether this really is really related to gender or not please do so! but as it stands i think guys have major problems in this area

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think it's only guys, but it certainly is a thing we mostly do. I agree that it's a quite pathetic reason to break a friendship; i'm friends with a girl i've liked for the past three years.

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
how can any guy sit back and watch someone he loves who only thinks of him as a friend date another man?
it would hurt too much, thats why they don't want to be friends anymore.

the exact same thing is happening to me right now...
however, i'm not willing to let her go as a friend. she means too much to me to never see her again.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
meh it does hurt but you get over it. when a girl says were just freinds i say ok and back off. i guess that is a way to get over it, or he wants you as a girlfreind and nothing else. if he cant have that he dont want anything to do with you... i know alot of guys like that.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Samn amrtin77. I have a few friends that have done just that, and some friends that have been the girls in the relationship.

Would you rather have a guy you are with say "Lets just be friends" or "I hate you, never talk to me again?"

Just common courtesy, seeing as how breakups are never easy...

mistro5000

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
he just doesnt want to be mean, so he said that to spare your feelings. he is dumb. when you dump someone, you should be really mean and savor every moment of it. and breakups are easy if you are decicive and swift

Thistle

Senior Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
He probably has more than just that on his mind, I would threaten to kill him if he didnt tell you but thats just my opinion,,, heheh

aphextwin

Reaction score
???????? if sumone likes me and wants me to be her bf, i just say we can be frends but not bf/gf....... i never say "i like u too much we should stay away"....... :\ u high baby :(

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kamikaze
how can any guy sit back and watch someone he loves who only thinks of him as a friend date another man?
it would hurt too much, thats why they don't want to be friends anymore.

the exact same thing is happening to me right now...
however, i'm not willing to let her go as a friend. she means too much to me to never see her again.
now that.... is the kind of crazy shit i think everyone should post

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok just to clear some things up this was not a matter of us going out and him dumping me. It was more a matter of him liking me on and off *between other g/fs* for a year. we have stayed friends until now... when he says meh i can't handle being with you. I think it is so immature!

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i guess i have 3 new reasons there not good but reasons none the same

1) maybe he has a gf and is worried about falling for you or doesnt want to do anything that could be classed as betrayel( I know its ghey)
2) maybe he thinks hes gunna die so he trys not to get to close so you wont be so hurt :)
3)maybe he is getting some sort of hassel over it...(bad speller) or maybe just some wierd circumstances eg you like her/him to much and she/he is your friends g/f/b/f

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I suppose it depends on the nature of the relationship, ie if he is dating a girl and she doesn't want him to have any female friends he is making screwy fake reasons so as not to cause friction between his former friends and his new girlfriend.

As for me I would not do such a thing. No matter who I might go out with I would not ditch all of my friends to bne with them.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hahaha Orc roxor roc you crack me up hahaha that was hilarious LOL.

but very good reasons people. you are all wonderful at thinking hypothetically..

I think guys just aren't as good *gernerally speaking* at dealing with emotion. and for the most part they can't put aside their testosterone and think that hey maybe she has something to offer besides sex

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jaden
and for the most part they can't put aside their testosterone and think that hey maybe she has something to offer besides sex
yeah, thats true.....
women can cook and clean too:D

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jaden

WHat is with males and being all "oh i like you too much we can't be friends" its STUPID! does anyone agree that this is a good reason to break a friendship?

i have never heard of a girl saying "my feelings for you are too strong so i think we shouldn't be friends anymore" its just absolute crap.
The guy who told you that must be a very sincere person and it might be a good idea if you keep your eyes on him, Jaden.

In order to avoid confusion about male motives, you must never compare guys and girls.

Guys think about sex all the time. Girls dont. Guys are made like this and there is nothing they can do to change it, because it is normal and absolutely human. Of course there are guys who make this clear to everyone around them and those who prefer to present a different image.

In any case, when a guy likes a girl it is impossible not to think about sex. So if the girl just wants *friendship* the guy can either pretend or be sincere.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you can be freinds and still think in a sexual way, so long as you dont act on what your body is telling you. generally girls are understanding and realize we cant help the way we think >< unless they are bitchy... they y would you wanna be around them anyways?

Originally posted by Kamikaze
yeah, thats true.....
women can cook and clean too:D
lmao

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hahaha Orc roxor roc you crack me up hahaha that was hilarious LOL
realy? i can crack eggs too ^^ . maybe he has a gay affair with ME (who knows and im not! admitting im gay) and he doesnt want me to see him with a gurl and thinks hes straight(and i might brake up with him) so hahaha im more important to him than you!. and he cant realy say to you "piss off IM GAY!!" or maybe he has a father who is over proctective and has a rifle and threatends to shoot you if he see's you again. or maybe he has to work for the goverment and has get a sex change so he can walk with the enemy without being detected 1:he dont want you to see his female qualitys. 2) the goverment are worried he might tell someone he is close too eg: you and LOOK BEHIND YOU THEY ARE GOING TO KIDNAP YOU TO MAKE SURE HE DOES HIS JOB!!!(use you as leverage)

but of course im being purely hypothectical and none of this is true.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HAHAHHAHAHAAHAH that was great! lol

hmm well he got over it pretty quick and said "hey im sorry lets be mates again." so i guess its all fine and dandy. man i hate that expression. whoever said women change their minds more oftenthan men was deluded. and i must say this has been a very "interesting" discussion on the possible motives of someone none of you have ever met lol im very impressed