4 years ago, a spambot joined BattleForums

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
My first post was ubernoob. Of course, my first post was some 3 years ago, in a different account. Makes me all nostalgic.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
My favorite X42 memory was the staff thread where everyone was like "This guy keeps flooding the wc forums. Should we ban him?"

OMG STAFF LEAKAGE
Eh, you weren't a Moderator then, it can't be a memory...

Perhaps I will dig up that thread, send it to The Void and bump it for nostalgia...

VaaN said:
ill be 3 years in 3 months from now leet. anyone ever check there really old posts and see how stupid they were? its mostly for people who are like my age.
Our search is capped at 500 results now, unlike vB 2.x.y where it searched for all, causing serious server strains searching for my 10,000+ posts.*

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Eh, you weren't a Moderator then, it can't be a memory...
Pretty sure I was a mod before you were.

Reaction score
Well I heard that bf is having a bad time right now. Apparently, from what I've heard, some blocks of members are leaving and making up their own forums. Any truth in that?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I got my first job after my first year... So probably, yeah. I took the, er, proper, route.

VaaN said:
I guess you own to much then eh?
Ooh, ya, this guy knows what he is talking about.

Walter Bernhard said:
Well I heard that bf is having a bad time right now. Apparently, from what I've heard, some blocks of members are leaving and making up their own forums. Any truth in that?
It happens all the time. I tried that once. Didn't work. There are sites that did work, for example, Visual Design Core (<3 Sicloan), but most, otherwise, fail.

I know what you are talking about and find it weird that you knew about it. But I know these forums and I know what it means when members leave. I would hope for everyone to stay but we can't please everyone.

But the forums are OK. Not as active as I would like but heck, at least we're not dead.

The fact the forums are still alive is a nice birthday present anyway.*

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Most fail. If people leave, it doesn't really 'kill' us. Also, those who left recent;y weren't very needed...
Oh, I consider everyone as needed. Those who think they can overrun this forum will need quite a lot of patience - Visual Design Core hasn't done that yet, and we all know Sicloan rules. No, they are essentially trying to be the same as us but running stuff differently - which, by the way, might work.

What I am rather surprised at is the way that so many people manage to get sucked into hating BattleForums - and how some people fall so easily. Does nobody have any brains to see both sides of the equation? If I was forced to attempt to please everyone, nothing would get done, as equilibrium is always more stable.*

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
X42 said:
It happens all the time. I tried that once. Didn't work. There are sites that did work, for example, Visual Design Core (<3 Sicloan), but most, otherwise, fail.

I know what you are talking about and find it weird that you knew about it. But I know these forums and I know what it means when members leave. I would hope for everyone to stay but we can't please everyone.
Even when Summit hacked, a rollback had to occur and other bad things, Battleforums still stands.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, forums like these keep going because of their reputations. BlizzForums, after getting their entire post table screwed up, is still going, too.*

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
Congratulations on your 4th year. I'm sure things will get better again here and wish you another happy 4 years. And maybe even another 4 years. Happy Spambot day!