4 socket poleaxe/staves where can i find?

Darth-Laoshi

Member!
Reaction score
I personally notice them drop the most in Act 5 and Cows. (All difficulties)

Aeromath

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Darkchivalry.com
poleaxe you can find from act 3-5 perty much luck of teh draw......

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Don't use the cube formula, it doesn't give 4 sockets every time.

Steel Justice

Reaction score
from the arreat summit www.battle.net/diablo2exp

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

but as SoD-GoD said "it doesn't give 4 sockets every time" so i suggest you to use the socket quest.

Aeromath

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Darkchivalry.com
the socket quest has F***ed me over once before, it gave me 4 sockets with my assassin.......then i did it with my paladin and it gave me 1.........i dont trust it either

dNiym

Member!
Reaction score
I wouldnt bother with making an insight from a weapon found in normal at all, if you're looking for a mediocre insight you can find them in nightmare pretty easy. If you want an exceptional one go to hell, like mentioned above hell cows is usually a great place to find socketed items. I find piles and piles of the stuff with just 2 people in the game, the really elite ones, cryptic axes and CV's are only going to drop in hell.

Keep your eyes peeled for an ethereal polearm they make much better anythings than a non ethereal version, either more damage or more defense. You can use a 4 socket one or ethereal with no sockets, just cube it up or socket quest it. If you don't get 4 sockets with the cube just check to see if its worth keeping for another runeword and try it again, after all they aren't super hard to find.