360 or wii??

cryssweet

Reaction score
I have a dilemma... I'm trying to figure out if I should get either a 360, or a Wii.

anyone have any opinions to share on this?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i want to hear u say that in your sexy voice :(

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Wii w/ smash imo

other then that this year. the other 2

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I say Wii. Maybe because I prefer the games on it compared to 360?

- Amantis

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's as simply as this:

Wii - extremely simple games that have the "hey what is this, I want to try" factor, but they offer no depth beyond that. Play it and set it down. ONLINE SYSTEM IS TERRIBLE.

360 - gamers system. You have games that have great stories, games that have deep gameplay and it all comes with a robust online system.

By all means, I would go with the 360. The Wii is only great for SSBB and even that sucks online. However, even if you want to play SSBB with friends, you can easily pop in super smash bros melee on the gamecube, so that makes it moot. Other than that... I don't see much worth in the Wii.

For the 360, it has awesome singleplayer games like Bioshock and Mass Effect. You have the best online system for games like Call of Duty 4.

My suggestion is go with the 360.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Bioshock and Mass effect are both terrible games, that were over hyped and over rated.

The Wii is basically Nintendo's next effort in doing the same old trick again. The motion controls just add something new to the same games everyone players anyways, SSBB, Mario Kart (which is still exceptionally awesome), Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc. It basically is working off future potential, because while the First and Second party developed games are superb, the third party games are a carnival of crap. We're all waiting for the third party companies to stop tacking on novelty controls and do something fun with them instead. Regardless the Wii is great for old people, and everyone who doesn't or barely plays video games, and in that Nintendo is brilliant. IT is a system you can sit down with your girlfriend, and if the Wii succeeds at anything it will help video games lead to sex. And that is win.

The 360 is quite different. If you want big graphics and games with large explosions and big guns firing at each other, the system was pretty much made for that. Pretty games with a very shallow premise (this goes double for the PS3). For every unique interesting game the 360 has, there are 20 games which pretty much do the same thing we already have on our older systems. Although it has all the sports games the wii doesn't. The 360 is also much better at isolation. Sure you can bring people over, but local multiplayer gameplay gets more crippled as the years go on, in an effort to force you onto xbox live. Xbox live, if you want to spend the money, is a great online system, best there is for a console no doubt. Unfortunately the hardware itself suffers from little problems where the console will go into epileptic fits and die randomly for no reason.

I don't know why you would ask complete strangers their opinions, it is simply better to look at either system and pick the one that is better suited for you.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
if u think ur only going to buy like 2 games, get a wii. if u think ur gonna buy like a dozen games, get a 360.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Pan is wrong.

Here's a review on Bioshock, i've never played it but i thought it was funny;

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : BioShock.
Bioshock was terrible. Shoddy game mechanics (there is something fundamentally wrong with a game you can run around with a wrench through it and still win) and terrible AI was barely held together by an admitidly good story, which is still a weak rationalization on why it is a good game. Bioshock would have worked better as a book or movie.

Mass effect was the definition of padding gameplay.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The Wii is the most popular console. Yet it lacks many things. First of all, where are the deep, story-driven games?

My favorite games on the gamecube were Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness and Second Sight.

All the Wii can really offer me is No More Heroes. But even that is mostly about going from place to place killing some random assassin. There's some other games, but that brings me to point 2:

Hit games are essentially remakes of old hits. Super Mario Galaxy? Metroid Prime Corruption? Twilight Princess? RE4? On the cube, you have Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 1 and RE4/Twilight Princess are already on the cube. Brawl has its Melee counterpart.

And point 3: Nintendo still sucks at online gaming. Friend codes are child-safe measures that are designed to piss off anyone who is more than 5 years old. Not only that but connections take FOREVER to happen. When they even work, you have the whole ordeal of LAGGY GAMES.

I understand the 360 makes you pay, but you get things like voice chat, friend lists, NO FRIEND CODES and it just blows the Wii away.

So you're left with a console that has mostly shallow games meant for the curious person such as Wii Fit, upgraded version of past games and a shoddy internet structure. If I wanted to play Smash Bros. offline with friends, I've got Melee.

So with the 360, games such as Bioshock and Mass Effect amaze me with their immersive, story-driven experiences. Also, along with these games, there are new franchises popping out. Finally the online network is superb.

While the Wii might have introduced the motion sensing technology to the masses, it clearly lacks what it takes to be a game console, when it's missing staple components. Note that I did not bash on the graphics.

Also, I have to say that while you might disagree, I find Mass Effect and Bioshock to be great games because they have great stories that pull the player into the game. Gameplay in singleplayer games will always be limited and predictable. Likewise, Starcraft was not revered for its singleplayer gameplay, but only when you take it online.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
The Wii is the most popular console. Yet it lacks many things
thats why this gen requires people to combo their console selection. Im sure thats the end result after this gen is over people will have at least a wii and one of the other 2.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well... you could say that, but I just don't see myself with the Wii. I mean other than motion controls... I don't see what it can offer me. Motion controls are a thing that you want because you are curious. But once you get over it...

Well it's like this. I bought Donkey Konga and I loved the drums. And I played it. and again... Then I realized, it's the same stuff... I got used to the drums and now all I'm left with is some really light gameplay. It's candy, but it's not meat or potatoes.

I'm looking for story-driven games and a great online network. Wii doesn't offer them to me. So... I don't have any reason to buy it.

Wii is great for non-gamers who like light experiences, but I'm a gamer. I like deep games. The consoles are for different people.