360 or ps3

Oxide08

[New And Improved!]
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
360 for sure, i could never get into ps3 :S. allthough i did have a ps2 for like 7 years before it exploded

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Since i've been working at EB games (Australia's Gamestop) for a few months now, i've actually learned a lot about both systems. Both good and bad for each, but i've come to a conclusion.

PS3 is the way to go.

This is an unbiased opinion. Yes, i used to be a huge fan of the PS3 even though i didn't (Still don't) own one and i was naturally against the 360 for the same reason. When i started to work at EB i began leaning towards buying a 360 because let's face it, it does have a lot of games, some of which i'd really like to play but they aren't on the PS3. I was really close to buying one one day but i was too torn to finalise my decision and i ended up buying neither.

What changed my mind was this;

A PS3 requires a larger lump sum straight off the bat, but in the end it's cheaper. It comes with everything you need. Unless you buy the Elite edition of the 360 you really aren't getting your moneys worth, and even then, you still need to fork out at least another $100 for required accessories for decent gameplay, and that's just off the bat, and if you're interested in online play you have to spend 90AUD a year. I don't care if it has a better interface or is cooler, i'm not paying close to $100 a year to play my games online.

If you don't get the Elite edition for the Xbox then you don't get a HDMI cable, which costs 80AUD and you get half the HDD space as the elite. Admittedly the system is quite cheap, something like 447AUD, or 547AUD for the elite, whereas the PS3 is 688AUD (Comes with one new release game, 360's come with Halo/GoW). There is another cheaper alternative for the 360, but it's not even worth mentioning because the HDD space (Should i even call it a HDD?) is 256mb, and you'll save maybe three or four game files on it before it's full.

When i weighed my options when seriously considering getting a next-gen console (Wii doesn't count, it sucks), the PS3 came out on top. Unless you've got the spare money to throw around getting play & charge kits (PS3 comes with USB chargers) and Xbox live (As examples) then you're better off just getting a PS3. The only area where a PS3 fails is the price of the controllers, which are roughly $20 more expensive than the 360 ones.

In conclusion; get a 360 if you have the money and you really like their titles, otherwise just go with the safer option of a PS3. I could talk about how many fucking problems the 360 has had (Yeah the PS3 has had a few as well, not as much though), but everyone knows about them, so whatever.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
For having a PC I don't understand the desire to play a console nowadays. It may be cause of the huge plasma screen that you can attach it to.

Potatosss

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
360 is cheaper and has the same games as ps3 except like 2 or 3, ps3 has true 1080p but 360 only has 720p in actuallity it depends if u wanna shell out the extra 200 bucks for a ps3 and the bluray player it comes with.

iRawrrr

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
PS3 if u want a home entertainment system = gaming, bluray, stream media 2 ur tv

XBOX if u are a gamer (i say gamer cuz hardcore gamers only play on pc) = gaming and media

why the ps3 is such a good home entertainment system is cuz of its bluray. its not just some bluray player, its the best. only cuz its the one of the few bluray players that can update. i mean when bluray profile 1.0 switch to 1.1 many players couldnt update thats cuz they only have the hardware 2 do 1.0 not 1.1 but since ps3 is basically like a computer they could reallocated the processing to adapt to 1.1. and its the same thing with 2.0 and so forth. so the ps3 is a futurePROOF entertainment system.

but wat about the xbox 360. its basically a monster for gaming. they ran tests of the same game (notably Fallout 3) and it showed that in the console divison 360 had the better graphics. and its that way because ps3 is built arround its CPU which is cell technology (This shit is better than ur i7 CPU) and the xbox 360 is build arround its graphic chip (which is probably not as good as a GTX 295 but it sure as hell kicks ass) so the decision is r u a gamer or do a media man.

Pred Killer

You added to the rage.
Reaction score
Website
www.s6.invisionfree.com
As much as I like the 360, I do not recall a PS3 getting a RROD.

So sorry Microshit fanboys, PS3 is the better console.

Inzom1a

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I Would go for Ps3, Imba game titels! Choose from what games u like to play!

billgrin

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Now that the slim has been released and price has dropped a fair bit I don't see any reason not to choose the 360 over the ps3 aside from some 360 only games. Totally prefer the ps3 personally, haven't really given the 360 a chance though, the controller puts me off :p i still refer to the colours as x triangle square and circle :p

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as I like the 360, I do not recall a PS3 getting a RROD.

So sorry Microshit fanboys, PS3 is the better console.
Xbox still has better exclusives

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
XBox still has a better variety of games. If I have to spend a little extra, so be it. I'm not going to be cheap when it comes to my entertainment.

James212

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
XBox still has a better variety of games. If I have to spend a little extra, so be it. I'm not going to be cheap when it comes to my entertainment.
Since when did the xbox have a bettery variety of games? The xbox has more kiddy games thats for sure but for an adult/teen you want to have games that not only appeal your eye but also gets you pumped up when playing.

I'm pretty sure the PS3 does that with its line up.

Maelous

Lord of the Dance
Reaction score
Never had any problems with my PS3, free internet, stores all the movies i had on my laptop, looks amazing on HD tv, ridiculous amount of games - what's not to like?

as opposed to friend's 360's which have broken a week after being purchased, and where they can't use the internet because they don't want to pay...

obvious choice eh? :D

rifles

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Get PS3 slim.nice and cheap,much more durable than xbox360.xbox defect high....opps double post..mozilla lagging.

rifles

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
get ps3 slim,xbox defect very high.u can google it and see