[360] Gears of War 2

T3h Sorrow

"Best ***s on the forum"
Reaction score
I've had it for a week or two now ( leaked of course ) and i've beaten it on insane, which was just that ._., INSANE!

Lots of cool new things like sticking your chainsaw in someone's ass and forcing it UP their body, from stomach to head if that was hard to follow.

Plot twist, cool scenes, i couldnt tell what was a boss and what wasnt.

there is a achievement to get 200,000 kills in ANY MODE, online and offline.

Horde is fun, they keep coming if you keep killing them

the other modes are meh :-/.

New locust to be, new... Carmines to play.

Nice game, :)

9/10.

9 since i still rather be cole than dom or marcus :(

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Didn't play on insane, but we beat the game on Hardcore first time through and it was pretty pussy. the campaign was fun, although it wasn't as stunning as the first one was. The absence of Berserkers and a near absence of the hammer of dawn made me upset. Ending "fight" was retarded.

Played a few System link games, and that was fun. Haven't played online (obviously I dont want to get banned). Horde was meh. we got bored after so many waves.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
such liars.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
such liars.
Last level you ride a Brumak until it gets stuck and grows really big then you use the Hammer of dawn from a helicopter on it so it explodes and collapses the city of Jacinto on all the locusts underneath it. After credits there is a voice over by Fenix's father, alluding to the repercussions of the actions of GoW2.

T3h Sorrow

"Best ***s on the forum"
Reaction score
Last level you ride a Brumak until it gets stuck and grows really big then you use the Hammer of dawn from a helicopter on it so it explodes and collapses the city of Jacinto on all the locusts underneath it. After credits there is a voice over by Fenix's father, alluding to the repercussions of the actions of GoW2.

i liked riding the Brumak :*(, Poor Dom's wife ._., and Tai, and... Carmine.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i liked riding the Brumak :*(, Poor Dom's wife ._., and Tai, and... Carmine.
All the deaths were pretty depressing. Poor Carmine.

Tai was also pretty surprising. at the time I said not to give him my shotgun.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My take after a few minutes:

It's a good looking game that I grew bored of.

So I start the game and I was in the shoes of Marcus Fenix and leading my crew which includes Dom and another guy.

The gameplay can simply be described as, take cover and shoot everything.

I went through a hospital, killing guys here and there. I never felt too challenged, despite it being on normal. I always found this game to take unusually long in killing bad guys.

After the hospital, I get aboard a huge transport vehicle. I'm manning turrets and killing Locust (the bad guys) left and right. There are some huge baddies and there are ones that explode.

After a long ride, we get off on a town and there's where I am currently at.

The gameplay feels all too familiar. Again, find some cover, kill the enemies and proceed. I find the bullets to take too long to kill.

The story doesn't interest me. Aliens are bad, so kill them. Blah.

The graphics are good people say, but I got used to it.

So overall, I'm not going to buy this game. Granted, I had not played multiplayer, but I'd rather play CoD where bullets actually kill. The shotgun was ridiculous in this game. It took me 4 shells, point blank to kill.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I went through a hospital, killing guys here and there. I never felt too challenged, despite it being on normal. I always found this game to take unusually long in killing bad guys.
Hospital level == prison level from GOW1. Training level.

I find the bullets to take too long to kill.
Try aiming.

The story doesn't interest me. Aliens are bad, so kill them. Blah.
Not really. They aren't aliens, as both humans and locust occupy the same planet, so neither are alien to the planet.

Granted, I had not played multiplayer, but I'd rather play CoD where bullets actually kill.
Playing single player and then saying bullets take to long to kill people as a blanket statement on gameplay is outrageous.

The shotgun was ridiculous in this game. It took me 4 shells, point blank to kill.
Try aiming.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Aimed. Regardless of a shotgun blast to the head or to the torso, 4 shots is ridiculous. It's another glorified shooter with a sub-par story. I'm going to pass.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Aimed. Regardless of a shotgun blast to the head or to the torso, 4 shots is ridiculous. It's another glorified shooter with a sub-par story. I'm going to pass.
You clearly haven't played the game or are playing games with your elbows if you can't kill something with a shotgun in one shot.

You also clearly have no idea what the story is about (Any use of the term alien brings that to light).

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nope can-not kill an alien in one shot with a shotgun point-blank. Obviously you haven't played Gears of War to notice that they made it considerably weaker. Or I can stop assuming things that aren't relevant to this argument.

Alien, locust, whatever. That's about as much as I care about a shitty plot like this. If the story of Gears amazes you, I think RE4 will floor you.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Nope can-not kill an alien in one shot with a shotgun point-blank. Obviously you haven't played Gears of War to notice that they made it considerably weaker. Or I can stop assuming things that aren't relevant to this argument.
Like I said, you clearly haven't played the game by making comments like that.

Alien, locust, whatever. That's about as much as I care about a shitty plot like this. If the story of Gears amazes you, I think RE4 will floor you.
Fail. But I guess not playing the game would be another reason why you can make comments like this.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Pan, instead of arguing, let's play thought the campaign.

Like now.

Aneeklive

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, i liked the first gears better so, i know everyone is like what are u serious, but still i had a blast and i would recommend it to anyone, still a game that sets the standards

frootluips

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Damn... still waiting and hoping for it come out on PC.
I unfortunately have no 360

ltadakimasu

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Gears of War 1 is better IMO since 2 really doesnt have the "strategy" they said was there. GoW 1 took skill to actually kill and be killed.