2 vs 1 Gametype

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
It might sound stupid but it might be interesting. The player that is by himself should start with twice as much money, but other than that, it is a basic 2 vs 1. Also, the way bnet should match the game should be levels that add up. Example, a level 4 and a level 6 vs a level 10.

I don't know if it would be fun, but it would be interesting to see how it would work out.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
That sounds like a brilliant idea.

Actually, if the person thinks they're good enough for a 2v1, then they should get a setting to choose when the game starts x2 money or not.

Also, maybe the levels should add up, thats wise.

So a level 3 and a Level 5 vs a lvl 8....works for me :)

-Frank :cool:

Zaku

Reaction score
Well, its too late to incorparate these changes into Battle.Net as of now. Byt you still can make custom games.

Overall, not a bad idea. Mabye the units can come out a fourth faster.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Well, it would take work to get it in the game and make it work. If blizzard busted their butts like they should, they could get it done.

There would have to be many tweaks. I think it would provide more of a challenge for the gosus out there.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
^^ this guy wont be posting again anytime soon RIGHT?^^

I dont think its a good idea. at least not the way your trying to implemnt it.

i would suggest that the single player gets 2 starting point with the 2 races of his choice. its the only way this could be done right with out having to change the whole aspect of the game.

not only that you would prolly be the topped ranked player if you won more then 5 games lol.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think there should be 4 spawning points. 2 of these have 2 gold mines, and only the 1 can spawn there. The other 2 have 1 gold mine, and the 2 players spawn there. This way, to get double gold, you have to waste 5 more food early on.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
like a handicap match? sweet. good idea aragorn. kno any mapmakers that might be willing to make it? cuz id really like to try that.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaldaris
Level adding = BAD IDEA

10 Level 1's + 1 level 10

Even though hes good, its still mass pwnage on him.
How about level multiplying then? Level adding is sort of the best way to do it. As long as the team's levels are relatively close, it shouldn't be a problem.

10 VS 1

Result: Obviously the ten people would lose.

2 VS 1

Result: With some handicaps and gameplay changes. Possibly the cost of units for the one player would be reduced, and the starting gold increased. And possibly the amount of food available could increase for the solo player. 2 half skill players VS 1 double skill player with handicaps.

This would obviously have to be incorporated INTO the ladder. So making a map wouldn't really work. Right now we could just host a game and make it 2 vs 1, but I wanna see it for laddered.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
why would you guys make it so compicated when its so easy to just make like a 2vs2 when one of youar partners leave

2vs1 the one player gets 2 starting point and the choise of the 2 races he wants

that is the best way to do it for it to be realistic and balanced

and how would you determine expierence for something like this i mean no one wants to be on the team side if they dont get experince for it and lvls would be handed to undeserving players if they kept being on the team side adn winning.

its way to unbalanced and calls for alot of aspect changes making it kinda unconciveable for ladder play.

not saying it couldnt be done but i think there alot of other additions and game fixes that warcraft first

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
You would need a LOT more changes for that. You would have to change the very mechanics of the game to make it work like you are saying. Sure it would be more fair, but the reason why this would be in the ladder, is to challege players who think they can beat a team.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
that is the stupidist idea ever, you need to give the player a 20%-30% hp reduction that you can do anyways in a custom game for a 2v1 map. otherwise 2x money wold make it toeasy.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
There would have to be a LOT of changes. It wouldn't be just 2x money. I have stated some other changes to make it more fair. There are many ways you can go with it. The reason why I said this, is because it might add some challenge to the game, where it is needed.

One of our fallen heros returns? Nice to see another one of your posts. :D