$100 laptop

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Forget windows, folders and boxes that pop up with text. When students in Thailand, Libya and other developing countries get their $150 computers from the One Laptop Per Child project in 2007, their experience will be unlike anything on standard PCs.
Looks like it's a $150 laptop to me.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
(XO has been known as the $100 laptop because of the ultra-low cost its creators eventually hope to achieve through mass production.)
[glow=black]
I guess not.[/glow]

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
YAH BECAUSE ALL WE NEED IS THE ****ING IRAQUI AND ETHOPEAN KIDS POSTING ON THEIR LIVEJOURNAL CRYING ABOUT HOW THEY DONT HAVE ANY FOOD OR DRINK

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Stop trolling plx.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
YAH BECAUSE ALL WE NEED IS THE ****ING IRAQUI AND ETHOPEAN KIDS POSTING ON THEIR LIVEJOURNAL CRYING ABOUT HOW THEY DONT HAVE ANY FOOD OR DRINK
ROFL that just made my day...

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
They don't have food or water but they have cell phones and computers with internet AND a blog? lol

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
They've been trying to make on of these for a long while now. Definitely a good thing for low income families.

By the way, should this be in "Talk Geek"?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think these computers would be able to blog and stuff like that. They are meant for school.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Shame it's not really the most recyclable product that might cause future problems.

Low-cost PCs are rather lucrative; however, I would prefer to see old monitors and computers being reused instead. There is an awful lot of waste going into Africa and these could well be big.*

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's true. People aren't really thinking about recycling. That can post as a problem in the future. Meh.