1 unique per game?

JDinson808

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My friend found 2 of the same unique in the same game, 1 from Izual and 1 fro Mephisto. The unique was a bonesnap...does this put an end to that "fact"? I saw with my own eyes I was with him.

:shoot :fwink

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wat fact? and finding any item is random so its possible to find 2 of the same item in the same game just the chances arent very good

JDinson808

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oOo, the fact was supposed to be 1 unique item can only be found once per game unless the same monster drops the 2 same unique item, but I guess not :D

Oxide08

[New And Improved!]
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
post a link where it says u can only find one.... i have found unique from many monster in the game ... i usally find one from every boss and random unquie monster .... i also have found 2 sigons helm and sigons armor from meph...

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
You can only find one unique per game. Sets are not bound by this rule. Whatever your friend says is wrong. This is a property of all unique items--though it may be turned off for some uniques. Blizzard does not enable more than one of ANY uniques to be dropped multiple times per game.

dP

Member!
Reaction score
I say- BULLSHIT. once i spent abour 1.30 hrs in a game and i found about 5 uniques and like 10 sets

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
That, sir, is a false statement. More than one unique can drop in a game.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yep on baal he dropped travs and a facet and his minions drop darkglow so this does indeed put ur "theory" and ne othr pplz "theory" to an end

AmazonDude589

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
your all stupid......READ THE POSTS.....he isnt saying that you can't find only one unique per game what he is saying is that you can't find more then one of the SAME unique in the same game.......hopefully i cleared this up....

ArcaneLegend

Member!
Reaction score
ive heard similar things.

just to make it clear to everyone else what im talking about:
Unique items with the same name do not drop more than once in the same game. ie. if u found a Bonesnap maul from meph in a game, u will absolutely not see another Bonesnap drop in that game again even if u wipe out everything in every location with 99999%mf. clear enuf?

this is my "evidence" for this fact:
theres an lod 1.09 mod (cant remember name) that allows awesome horadric cube recipes. u can mix a certain throwing potion with a scroll of identify and ull end up with elite uniques. i tried one of them and created a windforce. i used the same recipe again over and over and i got rare hydra bows everytime.

therefore uniques drop only once each game.

this does not apply to set items. meph once dropped 2 death's touch war swords at the same time.

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
Originally posted by JDinson808
oOo, the fact was supposed to be 1 unique item can only be found once per game unless the same monster drops the 2 same unique item, but I guess not :D
This is where the confusion originated. Everything said in this post is wrong.

Azn has everything exactly correct. As I stated above, it's possible for (the same) uniques to spawn more than once per game, however all of the current uniques have this feature disabled. 1.10 brought a lot of modding options--no longer do things such as this have to be hardcoded into the game. Much of the crucial information is stored in the text-based files inside the MPQs.

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
Meph dropped 2 waterwalks at the same time for me, although I was playing with another player.

OT- I hit Hell Diablo, solo, and he dropped 5 uniques. LOL, they all sucked. :(

ZConnor

NavySeal_Sirus

Member!
Reaction score
A While Back Think It Was .08 At That Time Me And My Bro Were Rushing On Hell Mode And I Dont Know How It Happend But Big D Droped Hole Sig Set? Now Theres A Screen Shot If You Ask Me :rollie