1.17 Updated

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
They updated 1.17 again. :)
PATCH 1.17 Beta 405 Changes

FIXES

- Fixed a problem that could cause working acolytes to be included in teleport spells.
- Fixed an issue with Taunt that prevented the ability from working under certain conditions.
- Fixed a problem with Transmute such that the spell now awards proper experience for the unit transmuted.
- Fixed a graphical issue with Volcano that could cause the Moon Well water art to float.
- Fixed a problem with Soul Burn that was incorrectly preventing all damage from affected units rather than partial damage.
- Fixed an issue with the Demon Hunter which could cause the Hero to permanently lose attack damage when reverting from Metamorphosis while affected by True Shot Aura.
- Fixed a problem with Incinerate that was causing affected units to award experience improperly when killed.
- Fixed an issue with displaying the upgraded Tree Of Life graphics.
- Fixed a problem with Chemical Rage causing the ability to interrupt the Alchemist's current actions when the spell wore off.
- Fixed an issue causing Incinerate's bonus damage to be applied to all units attacking the target instead of just the Firelord.
- Fixed a problem preventing Phased Faerie Dragons from town portaling.
- Fixed an issue with Faerie Dragons that could cause them to become unresponsive to most commands if you Phase Shifted just as the unit was attacking something.
- Fixed a problem that was causing the Trueshot Aura icon to display on units without a ranged attack.
- Fixed an issue with the Incinerate explosion so that it always affects other units of the same type you targeted. (i.e. Attacking a ground unit will hurt other ground units. Attacking an air unit will hurt other air units. Structures are not affected.)
- Fixed Doom so that the spell now has a maximum creep level.
- Fixed Banish and Sleep so they are now auto-dispelled as intended.
- Fixed a problem with Polymorphed/Hexed units that would hide the ability buttons of other units of the same type in a selection or subgroup.
- Fixed an issue with Phased Faerie Dragons that would prevent them from teleporting.
- Fixed an issue that casued Crypt Fiends to deactivate Web when they unburrowed.
- Fixed a problem with channeling spells that would prevent them from being recast while channeling.
- Fixed a problem that caused units to become unresponsive if they needed to move closer to their target after the casting process had started.
- Fixed a problem with Cleaving Attack that would prevent it from working when Orbs were equipped.
- Fixed an issue that would not allow Mechanical Critters as targets of the Staff of Teleportation.
- Fixed a problem with Feedback causing the ability to deal summoned damage to any units with a mana pool.
- Fixed an issue with Cleaving Attack that would cause Thorns Aura to reflect damage on targets that took splash damage. - Fixed an issue preventing Acid Bomb from damaging Ethereal units.

BALANCE CHANGES
Humans
- Defend no longer reflects attacks to buildings, and its chance of reflection against units has been reduced to 30% from 40%.
- Banish mana cost increased to 75/60/50 from 75/50/35.

Undead
- Since we have corrected the splash damage bug with Destroyers, we have reverted Destroyers to their old 1.14 statistics. Destroyers now have mana regeneration of -3/sec (down from -6/sec), Orb of Annihilation now costs 25 mana down from 50 mana, and Devour Magic restores 75 mana per unit dispelled, down from 150. Note that Devour Magic no longer gives health or mana when a player devours friendly buffs.

Neutrals
- Healing Spray no longer works on buildings.
- Goblin Alchemist base agility increased to 10 from 7.
- Healing spray area of effect increased to 250 from 200.
- Lava Spawn base armor changed to reflect intended values of 0/1/2 by level (down from 1/2/3).
- Level 2 Lava Spawn hit points decreased from 575 to 550 and level 1 Lava Spawn damage decreased to 11-27 from 13-37.
- Lava Spawns now require 12 successful attacks to split, up from 10.
- Additional team color has been added to the Lava Spawn artwork.
- Lava Spawns now darken each time they split. Each level of Lava Spawn has the same starting color.
- Soul Burn duration vs heroes reduced to 6/7/8 from 7/8/9.
- Volcano mana cost increased to 200 from 150.

GG Firelord!

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Wow they finally make a good hero and everyone bitches about him, and then this happens.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
he is still good,but i still like alch better @lvl 1 he has like 30-57 attack and he can attack air,he pwns

Beer $lut

Reaction score
Firelord is easy to kill, i dont know what everyone is bitching about.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yay. Firelord is balanced now. A praise to all. He can still be used to kick as,s his time it just takes a little more skill. Thanks for posting this, Andrew. :)

drax

Member!
Reaction score
It's amazing how many updates they have for War3...

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its because everyone bitches if the hero is SLIGHTLY better then other heroes , tis sucks

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Ya serisouly folks, there's always a strategy to defeat a unit, just use your heads instead of bitching everytime you die to him. The firelord was a fine hero, and now people will complain about the alch and they'll try and balance him, if people could just accept things.

Anyone know when it will go to all the toher realms and out of beta form?

-Frank :cool:

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
He was imba though, you have to look at it from all race, and game type point of views. If anything I think Alchemist still needs some buffs, cuase I didnt think much of him his my first time out.

Thier still working on tinker if that tells you anything.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Firelord was a little more then slightly better. People were complaining because it was imbalanced because he was. Personally I think the new hero's are bad idea I'd like to see blizzard balance what they do have before adding new things. There's no point to play when it's who has the firelord wins I've abused him every 1.17 game (except one AT game where I used the DH bug) I played and it was abuse.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess everyone likes the word imba and abuse nowadays, oh yea by theway, your abusing your wisps, peons, peasants, and acos, you guys are using them to gather f*cking gold, wtf

OMG STOP ABUSING HEROES MAN MANABURN IS F*CKIONG ANNOY"ING!!!

STOP ABUSING WISPS!!!! GOD

STOP ABUSING HEALING POTIONS!! I CANT KILL

STOP ABUSING CHIMS!!! THEY HAVE SPLASH~~

STOP ABUSING HUNTS!!! THEY CAN BOUNCE AND THEY ARE FAST!!! WTF!

STOP ABUSING GRUNTS!!! HES LIKE SUPA TANK IN THE BEGINNG@!

IDefy

Reaction score
Damn, how come WC3 get more updates/bug fixes than any other game. It hasn't even been out as long as SC or D2. :(

I'm going to have to get used to all this and TFT when I reinstall!!!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by IDefy
Damn, how come WC3 get more updates/bug fixes than any other game. It hasn't even been out as long as SC or D2. :(
Because SC and D2 are outdated. SC is over 5 years old, and D2 is nearing that mark.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
OMG STOP ABUSING HEROES MAN MANABURN IS F*CKIONG ANNOY"ING!!!

STOP ABUSING WISPS!!!! GOD

STOP ABUSING HEALING POTIONS!! I CANT KILL

STOP ABUSING CHIMS!!! THEY HAVE SPLASH~~

STOP ABUSING GRUNTS!!! HES LIKE SUPA TANK IN THE BEGINNG@!
Gawd, N-wench! Stop abusing the caps lock key!

I still don't like the Fire Lord. Not because he's balanced/imbalanced/whatever but mainly because he's boring. Blizzard needs to take out Tinker and Fire Lord and put in some better heroes, maybe the Pirate Lord?

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by N_
You know bounce is not a good thing right?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont udnerstand what they did in the first 1.17 and in this updated version. Obviously they made defense the same useful/useless as before.

And the new heroes, new power, we couldnt expect that they would leave their spells imbalanced.(as much as the changes are serious)

IDefy

Reaction score
Originally posted by Grieving Mendacity
Because SC and D2 are outdated. SC is over 5 years old, and D2 is nearing that mark.
I realize that, but why weren't there 17 patches in the first 2 years for SC and D2? Is it somehow easier to make a patch for WC3 or do they make just simple updates everytime?

1.17 looks damn big from what andrew posted.