Zerg is weak overall.

L

Laharl

Who plays money maps excluding noobs?

Besides; it's still 50 minerals and you start with the drone. So it's another potential strat.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
money maps are for noobs. seriously there aint no point. infinite resources means that you can play the game for about 4 hours. thats what happens when pros go against each other while their skill matches. as for expanding you expand all the time. even in money maps. it is purely for the reason that you become harder to destroy. 2 bases are gonna take more time to destroy than one. 3base more than two and so on.

zerg is made espiecially for expanding and outnumbering. so that unit ratio can be at least 3:1. it doesnt have to but it sure helps. zerg is made for number which is why all their units arent very expensive but crap.

but in money maps they lose this advantage because terran or protoss can match their numbers. which is bad for the zerg. 1:1 ratio is exrtremely bad for a zerg player. their units cant really handle that kind of unit ratio. unless the other player is a noob/no detection or just dumb.

therefore zerg>>terran/protoss money maps

however on proper maps they are ****ing strong dont underestimate them

Reaction score
AZN_FLEA said:
money maps are for noobs. seriously there aint no point. infinite resources means that you can play the game for about 4 hours. thats what happens when pros go against each other while their skill matches. as for expanding you expand all the time. even in money maps. it is purely for the reason that you become harder to destroy. 2 bases are gonna take more time to destroy than one. 3base more than two and so on.

zerg is made espiecially for expanding and outnumbering. so that unit ratio can be at least 3:1. it doesnt have to but it sure helps. zerg is made for number which is why all their units arent very expensive but crap.

but in money maps they lose this advantage because terran or protoss can match their numbers. which is bad for the zerg. 1:1 ratio is exrtremely bad for a zerg player. their units cant really handle that kind of unit ratio. unless the other player is a noob/no detection or just dumb.

i agree with you that zerg is strong on non money maps
but zerg is the best in unlimited.
even if terran and protoss can match the numbers, the rate of production is what makes zerg good.
if you have enough hatcheries and minerals, even if you lose your whole army of say 150 hydralisks or whatever, you can have it back in like 2 min.
you cant do this with terran or protoss
also zerg units usually dont take up as much food as terran or protoss units do and thus you can make more units, so it usually wont be a 1:1 ratio.
zerg doesnt require as much control as terran or protoss units do either.

Reaction score
AZN_FLEA said:

c/n you really dont know do you... numbers is what matters a 1:1 ratio is unevening the game of starcraft
its like what azn said (im paraphrasing but you understad) "youre screwed"
strength wise zerg dont really stand a chance, thats why they have inexpensive stuff that dont cost as much supply

by strength i mean look at the numbers- they have less health than the other races, deal less damage than the other races...the zerg just have overwhelming numbers, their ability to expand quickly (and efficiently), and their strategy

they also have the greatest strength (or weakness) in the game. the overlords. i mean theyre good instant detectors, early scouts, but theyre slow (even after the speed is upgraded), defensless, and easy prey to corsairs (one of the easiest units to obtain, also highly versatile)

strategy as in what was mentioned so many times throuout this thread that i have no need to repeat the knowledge (broodlings, massed lings, guardian vs rine scenario [azrael], etc etc)

now im not against zerg but in my noob days i spent a lot of time in money maps, and ive seen zerg almost always decimated or unused (that was before any of the uber noobs entered SC) but go into like LT and youll see so many zerg players itll make your head spin

NOTE: snagg zerg buildings dont all cost 50 minerals less... SPAWNING POOL (200 min)!!!!

Reaction score
fARPLANE_sHADOW_666 said:
c/n you really dont know do you... numbers is what matters a 1:1 ratio is unevening the game of starcraft
its like what azn said (im paraphrasing but you understad) "youre screwed"
strength wise zerg dont really stand a chance, thats why they have inexpensive stuff that dont cost as much supply

by strength i mean look at the numbers- they have less health than the other races, deal less damage than the other races...the zerg just have overwhelming numbers, their ability to expand quickly (and efficiently), and their strategy

they also have the greatest strength (or weakness) in the game. the overlords. i mean theyre good instant detectors, early scouts, but theyre slow (even after the speed is upgraded), defensless, and easy prey to corsairs (one of the easiest units to obtain, also highly versatile)

strategy as in what was mentioned so many times throuout this thread that i have no need to repeat the knowledge (broodlings, massed lings, guardian vs rine scenario [azrael], etc etc)

now im not against zerg but in my noob days i spent a lot of time in money maps, and ive seen zerg almost always decimated or unused (that was before any of the uber noobs entered SC) but go into like LT and youll see so many zerg players itll make your head spin

NOTE: snagg zerg buildings dont all cost 50 minerals less... SPAWNING POOL (200 min)!!!!
i agree that if it was 1:1 ratio zerg would usually lose,
but like i said most zerg guys take only one food or whatever you want to call it while other races take more than one.
for example...
lets say you have zerg vs protoss (most people dont use terran in fastest)
50 workers each
that leaves for 150 other guys
that means 150 hydras for zerg and 75 zealots or dragoons for protoss
im pretty sure that the hydras would win
its not 1:1 ratio, it is 2:1 ratio.
and the overlord problem is not that big.
i usually have way more overlords than i need and if you have a lot, there's no point in the enemy even trying to beat them all.
also like i said again, even if the whole army is destroyed you can have it back running again in like 2minutes.
the protoss couldnt do that unless they had like 5 bases full of gateways
also dark swarm is enourmously effective and not that hard to use or control

Reaction score
a@... said:
And like 99.9% of us are talking about non-money maps.
ok, i play nonmoney maps.
i even like them better than fastest possible map
it requires more skill, tactics, and microing
zerg is good in non-money maps as well, but so are the others
in non money maps the game is completely up to the skill of the players.
there is no better race.
there are counters in every race for almost every unit so they are equal

Zerg-ShadowX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamzerg.tk
i can't believe this B.S. argument even lasted a page, let alone 8. snagg is a jackass with no proof. i have seen some crazy zerg players and i my self am certainly not bad, not the best, but i can hold my own. i only read the first page of this thread cuz it just doesn't seems worth while to read it all. snagg you are a baby. i watched a replay i downloaded on some fan site like 2 years ago, and it was some Entreiri guy, i forget his name, but i watched like 76 of his replays, he is the best player i have ever seen. he just flowed like water all over the map and raped terran and toss left and right. i know some of the players he faught i would never have beaten and they even had tanks! lol like tanks are such a big deal snagg, and i'd love to see what your D is with 8 BC's on LT, that is if you arent to newb to even know what LT stands for. i am a zerg player for ever, i havent even played terran or toss for like 4 years, i refuse. zergs my race

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
Zerg-ShadowX said:
i can't believe this B.S. argument even lasted a page, let alone 8. snagg is a jackass with no proof. i have seen some crazy zerg players and i my self am certainly not bad, not the best, but i can hold my own. i only read the first page of this thread cuz it just doesn't seems worth while to read it all. snagg you are a baby. i watched a replay i downloaded on some fan site like 2 years ago, and it was some Entreiri guy, i forget his name, but i watched like 76 of his replays, he is the best player i have ever seen. he just flowed like water all over the map and raped terran and toss left and right. i know some of the players he faught i would never have beaten and they even had tanks! lol like tanks are such a big deal snagg, and i'd love to see what your D is with 8 BC's on LT, that is if you arent to newb to even know what LT stands for. i am a zerg player for ever, i havent even played terran or toss for like 4 years, i refuse. zergs my race
i thought this thread died a long time ago...why do you think i added my zergness on this page?

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
should we just lead this thread die? it's been nothing but a big flame war

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
should we just lead this thread die? it's been nothing but a big flame war
yes it should die...idk why zergshadow would bring it back to life? the point has been obvious from the start

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
LT's for fools.

BGH is the name of the game.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Snagg said:
LT's for fools.

BGH is the name of the game.
No?

BGH is for people who's afraid to face 1:1, and the fact that resources are limited.
There're way better maps than BGH out there in the world.
I can name at least 10.
And LT is just too old.
Go and play PGTour if you enjoy playing competitive ladder.

Next time, don't post some bs if you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

L

Laharl

The new melee maps made in that contest are GREAT. Play them instead of BGH and LT. Both are way overplayed, imho.

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
...see what you did zergshadow?
you brought this worthlessness back to life again :(
not only that...you actually read all 8 pages?
money maps are just for fun not competitive play snagg
a@ is right in that matter

L

Laharl

I shall make you another scenario. This time it's... 100 guardians vs 50 archons! Both are completely maxed out in supply, but since archons take four supply each... Uh oh. Guardians are switchable with devourers (Same supply) if need be.

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
I shall make you another scenario. This time it's... 100 guardians vs 50 archons! Both are completely maxed out in supply, but since archons take four supply each... Uh oh. Guardians are switchable with devourers (Same supply) if need be.
thats a horrible scenario
not only that but you should stop posting in this dead thread
it is dead after all

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerg still sucks in BGH. As I've mentioned before.