Zerg is weak overall.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see how zerg can beat anything. protoss and terran completely overpower it.

Zerglings? I once killed 5 lings with one zealot.
Lurkers? By that time people will have detectors unless you're newb. Tanks kill it. And basically it dies very quickly and very expensive.
Mutalisks? Costs a lot. Dies by a few turrets or cannons.
Hydralisks? Can't beat tanks and marines and medics... or dragoons and dts and zealots
Guardians? the protoss/terran was a newb to let you get so many guardians... and can be countered with anti-air.

The only thing that I can think of that's good is defliers with Dark Swarm. And even then by the time you tech that high. Terran and Protoss has powerful units like battlecruisers and archons etc.

Ultralisks btw are a waste of money.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Snagg said:
I don't see how zerg can beat anything. protoss and terran completely overpower it.

Lurkers? By that time people will have detectors unless you're newb. Tanks kill it. And basically it dies very quickly and very expensive.
Hydralisks? Can't beat tanks and marines and medics... or dragoons and dts and zealots
Guardians? the protoss/terran was a newb to let you get so many guardians... and can be countered with anti-air.

The only thing that I can think of that's good is defliers with Dark Swarm. And even then by the time you tech that high. Terran and Protoss has powerful units like battlecruisers and archons etc.

Ultralisks btw are a waste of money.

Damn, this post is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong. Where to begin? :rolleyes

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
^I second that COMPLETELY.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
^ 3rd but i dont like the zerg that much

BC plz the dark swarm is the point! you take 3 hydras swarm the area, and own that stupid bc. same goes for carriers and other range units that is the point!
tanks, M&M? dark swarm and a little broddling would kill em with one hit. swarm a bunker complex and cracklings would never get hurt

one of their advantage is the overlord, i mean only terran marines can attack air units early on so zerg and toss players have to tech up quite a bit to be able to attack air.

and any smart player would never go mass guards, they would ALWAYS mix them with devours and/or hydras to take them out. dont dis the zerg.

i respect your opinion however i still have the right to disagree with it.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
yea i 4th.. zerg is the only race i play with and as far as i'm concerned it owns.. battlecruisers? lmfao i make 6 cheapo scourges and see how long you have a battlecruiser, especially if you throw in acid spores and plague, a couple groups of scourges can easily wipe out any massive scale air invasion completely and utterly.. ultralisks are a waste? i'd like to see your archons stand up to my 4/3 ultralisks, while they are being plagued and ensnared to boot.. i don't know if you're aware, but just massing powerful units with no concept of micro is one of the biggest newb mistakes there are.. and makes any race useless, including zerg

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i 5th
you just nmed counters for every zerg unit.
i can zerg counter for your zerg counters:

one guradian can kill a horde of zealots, but can your 1 zealot kill 5 hydralisks?

queens=pawn tanks,or use guardians

again, guardians. turrets can hit zerglings which are like 1/3rd the cost of mutas

no but a group of 12 can slaughter anything in their path

anit-air air can be countered with air, or in this case, mutas with linked attacking

and we have ultralisks that can take forever to kill but plague owns buildings which crate your carriers and battlecruisers

Ultralisks btw are a waste of money.10 marines cost 500 mineral. 1 ultralisk costs wha 300? 1 ultra can kill 10 fully upgraded marines without a scratch

betaalpha5 said:
^ 3rd but i dont like the zerg that much

BC plz the dark swarm is the point! you take 3 hydras swarm the area, and own that stupid bc. same goes for carriers and other range units that is the point!
tanks, M&M? dark swarm and a little broddling would kill em with one hit. swarm a bunker complex and cracklings would never get hurt

one of their advantage is the overlord, i mean only terran marines can attack air units early on so zerg and toss players have to tech up quite a bit to be able to attack air.

and any smart player would never go mass guards, they would ALWAYS mix them with devours and/or hydras to take them out. dont dis the zerg.

i respect your opinion however i still have the right to disagree with it.
ive gone mass guards many times with spore colonies the only anti air that i had. i rape.
one noob when full MMs on me.. never seen so much blood

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
12 mutas can't beat 12 corsairs.

BTW I was wondering. Does storm damage units in swarm?

12 Hydralisks can't beat 12 Zealots both upgraded.

If there are enough scourges the BC's will killl the scourge in one hit. 6 scourges come... I say 5 of them will die and 1 wil hit a group of 8 BC's.

Yes I know swarm/plague is powerful and stuff. I admit. But it does take a long time to get up there and get enough defliers etc.
Queens... yes it can kill a tank and the tanks will shoot and kill more tanks. However they have an easy chance of dying before they could get to the tank because of lots of goliaths and marines.

Zerg can't defend against a protoss rush. Since sunkens attack so slow.

Let's see.. one archon takes 100 min 300 gas. 3 mutas.. 300 min 300 gas. However.. I'm pretty sure the archon unless ensared will kill 3 mutas. Since it does 30+9 damage and mutas are medium sized units. Since they attack in bunches they will get damaged by the spread.

Unless Zerg can reach to the point where they have lots of defliers to use... I don't see how they have a chance. Power-wise I'd say they suck. Maybe in their spells they are good... but I can't see how it can beat a storm.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe you've never played with a good zerg player before.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe because it's hard to be good at Zerg.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol wth are you talking about getting good at playing zerg isn't that hard. hell getting good at playing all 3 races isn't really hard if you just practice.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Snagg said:
12 mutas can't beat 12 corsairs.

BTW I was wondering. Does storm damage units in swarm?

12 Hydralisks can't beat 12 Zealots both upgraded.

If there are enough scourges the BC's will killl the scourge in one hit. 6 scourges come... I say 5 of them will die and 1 wil hit a group of 8 BC's.

Yes I know swarm/plague is powerful and stuff. I admit. But it does take a long time to get up there and get enough defliers etc.
Queens... yes it can kill a tank and the tanks will shoot and kill more tanks. However they have an easy chance of dying before they could get to the tank because of lots of goliaths and marines.

Zerg can't defend against a protoss rush. Since sunkens attack so slow.

Let's see.. one archon takes 100 min 300 gas. 3 mutas.. 300 min 300 gas. However.. I'm pretty sure the archon unless ensared will kill 3 mutas. Since it does 30+9 damage and mutas are medium sized units. Since they attack in bunches they will get damaged by the spread.

Unless Zerg can reach to the point where they have lots of defliers to use... I don't see how they have a chance. Power-wise I'd say they suck. Maybe in their spells they are good... but I can't see how it can beat a storm.

i dont even know where to start. the units you mention are so disproportional in price that only on a money-map is this figureing even plausible. also, in defending from a 'protoss rush' you do not use merely sunken colonies. if the enemy is utilizing tanks for terran as a primary mode of defense, a well timed ultralisk or guardian rush will destroy them easily. Guardians are the epitome of power among zerg units and the cheap units of the zerg make them excellent for a resource war (which is waged on almost all non moneymaps) if you truely believe that zergs are a weak, underpowered race, you are sadly mistaken.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
ultralisk rush? I don't see how that's possible without getting killed trying to tech.

Dude by the time you have guardians (which are one of the highest units out there) tanks (which are like the 4th fastest unit to make) will be protected by... anti-air units and goliaths.

Yes my units are disproportional price wise.. however... all of my examples give advantage to Zerg when it comes to price. Except for Zealot. Which I only did because you can build Zealots earlie than Hydras

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
zealots are a joke vs lings w/ metabolic boost up'd.
that's why most of the games finish so early b/c of drone push and ling.
It's not even that hard for zergs to get into p base.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
maybe you should play 1 on 1 PvZ with a good zerg player here so you can get owned.. i'll play you if you want, although i'm on a very newb level right now i'm sure (haven't really played any melee games in about 2 years).. but even though i'd probably lose, i'd take the risk anyways just for the hell of it

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Metabolic boost indeed is powerful. However you cannot get it until late in the game. So therefore, zealot still owns lings.

ahh yesterday, my friend was zerg. He annihilated a base with like 50 lings in a few seconds. It was intense. But if there was a decent sized army the lings would've died. Still fun to watch though.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
How late?
pool -> 100 gas -> start upg'ing metabolic boost. (takes 100sec)
I wouldn't even consider that as "late".
Considering the fact that zealots have slow mobility and cannot be produced massively.

and zealots don't even own zerglings, lings can surround lots easily and wipe em out.

Also, you said the lings destoryed entire P base in a few sec.
Snagg said:
if there was a decent sized army the lings would've died.
Everyone can say "If there was..." after losing. Sure, you can always say "If there was an Archon..."
But the point is, the P couldn't defend the base against lings.

P.S. - Like phoenix said, there is no point of making an argument. Since, I too, don't even know where to begin..

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Snagg, learn to play, man. It looks like your just taking unit vs unit and comparing them. It also seems that you're making some of this stuff up. Since when are carrs/BC viable against z?(6 scourges per carrier/BC will own them) We know 12 sairs will beat 12 mutas, but zerg would've a) switched to hydras(by then) or b) added scourges along with their mutas. 5 lings will kill 1 zealot. Hell, 4 lings > 1 zealot. The only time zeals will beat lings is when lings cannot surround them.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
When played correctly, Zerg can be overwhelming. If you haven't played against someone who can bombard you with wave after wave of Zerg units until you are completely exhausted of resources, then you really haven't faced many decent Zerg players before. Where Zerg lacks in physical strength, it gains in numbers and speed.

You guys seem to be so concerned with "this beats that" when it really comes down to micro and macro skills. Zerg is a race that lets you balance micro with macro. A good player can kill two Zealots with two Hydralisks (micro) while steadily pumping out units from his Hatcheries (macro) at the same time. I know the same can be said for any race, but somehow (in my mind, at least), Zerg can be managed very efficiently in the hands of the right player.

And BTW--Storm does hurt units under a Dark Swarm. Splash damage also hurts Dark Swarm units. Without Queens, it's incredibly difficult to get hordes of Zerglings into an enemy's base when it's lined with Siege Tanks up on a cliff.