Zerg is weak overall.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kaison said:
One Hatcheries 3 units.. terran 1 unit per building.. uses more money.. cause more buildings...
Toss and terran will be maikng more than one gateway/barrack. While zerg can make more hatches, it costs him a drone screwing his eco.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zerg are great but one of their pet pieves are the overlords. we al know that a lot of zerg players always bunch their overlords together which o course have a nice air force could do a lot of damage to the zerg. but then again most of the time they keep them some place far from enemy lines so if they do attack they can't reach them very easily.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerg units are just too darn weak to win in money maps. The only thing comparable to terran and protoss' carriers and bcs is the ultralisk. Guardians are way too vulnerable to be a threat, considering how much they cost. Lings can be countered by firebats or zeal/archon/reaver.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
then you go guards and devours with some scorges or whatever. that is a nice air force only problem is that the guard is very slow

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pretty much anything will beat that,too. Zerg NEEDS to OUTRESOURCE his opponent to win. Something he CANNOT do on money maps.

Maelstrom/storm plus toss air
Irradiate plus terran air

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
then you go guards and devours with some scorges or whatever. that is a nice air force only problem is that the guard is very slow
Archons > Guards. Cheaper, too.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Snagg said:
Archons > Guards. Cheaper, too.
Guards > Archons. Much longer range. Guards will get alot of shots in before archs become a threat to guards.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
What makes archons? Templars!! What do templars do? Storm!

This thread is done and is official. Zerg can't beat nothing on moneymaps like bgh.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, I know storm owns guards, but you said archons > guards which is wrong. You do realize that it takes 2 storms to kill a guard, right? He can always spread them because they have incredible range. That's alot of storms and he can still pick off your temps.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
dont you think protoss would get something like few corsairs or scouts when they see you geting mutas? or guards?

and I think if it was like, 12 guards vs 12 archons, archons might win... but meh dunno, maybe with micro guards will

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well... even thought it is almost impossible they could always broodling em

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
12 archons beat 12 guardians. And to be fair, resources-wise. I'll pop in a templar or two.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
betaalpha5 said:
well... even thought it is almost impossible they could always broodling em
You can't broodling archons. Anyway, guards > archons. If you played a zerg who loses guards to archons then he needs to play better, period.

Kaison

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Omg Guards Will win.. They have the range.. advantage.. like 2-3 shots before the damn archon will get to the Guard

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Kaison said:
Omg Guards Will win.. They have the range.. advantage.. like 2-3 shots before the damn archon will get to the Guard
yes, but their massive splash is just too much to handle sometimes in tight situations :(

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Enough of these opinions. I made a simple map of 10 archons vs 15 guardians. I spread out the guardians to simulate "micro". 5 archons died versus 15 guardians annihilated.

www.boomspeed.com/jake/guardsvsarchons.rep

Owned.

BTW 500 minerals, 1500 gas was used for protoss team.

Compared to 2250 gas and 3000 gas used for the zerg team.

Yes you're right, guardians have range. But 5 archon hits kill 1 guardian. Versus approximately 18 hits to kill one archon.

Edit:
I got curious and see how far 10 archons could go.
10 mutas, 10 hydras, about 3 dozen zerglings, one ultralisk.
www.boomspeed.com/jake/archonsvszerg.rep
3 archons were left. Again, I did not micro my archons. I let the ultralisk attack from the flank.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Snagg said:
Enough of these opinions. I made a simple map of 10 archons vs 15 guardians. I spread out the guardians to simulate "micro". 5 archons died versus 15 guardians annihilated.

www.boomspeed.com/jake/guardsvsarchons.rep

Owned.

BTW 500 minerals, 1500 gas was used for protoss team.

Compared to 2250 gas and 3000 gas used for the zerg team.

Yes you're right, guardians have range. But 5 archon hits kill 1 guardian. Versus approximately 18 hits to kill one archon.

Edit:
I got curious and see how far 10 archons could go.
10 mutas, 10 hydras, about 3 dozen zerglings, one ultralisk.
www.boomspeed.com/jake/archonsvszerg.rep
3 archons were left. Again, I did not micro my archons. I let the ultralisk attack from the flank.
Archons annihiliate zergs :(