Z~Mass goons?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
What can I go against it? Lings? Mutas? Hydras? or lurks? lings definitely didnt work, nor mutas.. havent tried hydras, but I normally go mutas + lings only..

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
ling with dark swarmoe guardians maybe
well thats the thing, I didnt have enough time to go to Hive =/ is there much to beat that with units before hive?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Before hive, you got Lurkers, but you got to have some Hydralisks above them, to kill any observer that shows up and to distract fire from the Dragoons. Zlings are also good, but they only get their full power with the Hive, when they grow up to cracklings.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
your best shot is probably speedlings or cracklings. Try to flank the dragoons, surround them so they can't retreat. Oh yeah, and don't go muta/ling against protoss, archons/zeal will just tear that up. Try hydra/ling or just hydras.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tigershark. Goons have 2 great flaws against lings, big and easy to surround, and their cooldown is a bitch, while you can have so many lings, yes they can kill them fast, but then it takes some time for them to kill another. Just constant attacks with lings should do it, if you have a lot of lings then put some hydras behind them to do real damage because if they attack your hydralisks first they're just stupid.

Biske

Reaction score
Don't goons have like explosive damage? Or am I thinking of the Corsair? Mutas bad idea against large numbers of Dragoons - Lings, maybe a Lurker, and some Hydras - you're gunna want alot of lings, like 4 per Dragoon, of course that'll equal out if you get Hydras and Lurkers.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm I have question

Im aware of like Explosive dmgs, norm dmgs and stuff and theres diff armor types right?

Would anyone mind telling me what they are and to which units they do more dmg on?

e.g. Ghost does less to mechanics, but does 100% to organics right?

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well it depends on the size. a siege tank will do 25% damage to it b/c of their size. an ultra is huge, so a siege tank will go 100% damage to it.

normal damage does the same amout of damage to all units i think, explosive does big damage to big units.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
explosive:
50% to small targets(like marines)
75% to medium targets(like hydras)
100% to large targets(like tanks)

concussive:
100% to small
50% to medium
25% to large

shields take full damage regardless of damage type.
i.e vults do 20 damage to dragoons' shields rather than 5(like it's suppose to)

Armor is a whole different story. I'm too lazy to go through the armor part.

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
yup lings pwn goons :-/ you know, now that i think about it blizzard really made a really complicated game with starcraft, balancing all the units, making the armor and attack dmg right.. i couldnt imagin doing that

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Lings are faster then goons. So microing against lings that surround you is not going to help. Plus, Dragoons do reduced, or little damage to lings. Swarm of lings to kill a protoss they obiviously didn't kill the first time. :D

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well zeal and goons are great together. on high ground goons can take pot shots while the zeal keep back the lings. i mean normally it does take about 4 lings to kill 1 zeal. plus HT just rapes them :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Very true, that, Alpha. But then again, this title's thread is "Mass goons" ;)

Which is very usually nearly impossible against everything but a newbie. And a medium terran that doesn't mass tanks.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well in that case, find a narrow passage where only a few goons can cross, put massive lings in there with hydras. ownage :) goons can't move around, lings just get into the cracks and blast them to pieces, and hydra...well archers always ruled :)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Y'know has anyone been ensnared lately as Protoss? It's been a good year since someone has ensnared me o_O

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
only when my friend is trying to kill the last part of a strike force or trying to piss me off. but seriously? not in a LOOONG time

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
Y'know has anyone been ensnared lately as Protoss? It's been a good year since someone has ensnared me o_O
Corsairs are good to be ensnared, but, meh, not many do it, true...