Your thoughts on Battlefield 3?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Who got Battlefield 3? and what are your thoughts on it?

I may be tainted from IGN's review of the game as far as the single-player goes, but...

I think the game is terrific. Beautiful graphics on the PS3, although I can tell that it would look amazing on a top of the line PC (sadly consoles are holding games back right now). The sounds are incredible. I have honestly never played a game that sounded this great. Put it on surround sound and you will hear every bullet, every move, every footstep. Multiplayer gameplay is very very good, my only disapproval is the difficulty in flying aircraft or taking down aircraft from the ground (the massive turrets on some maps seem absolutely pointless as it is impossible to take out a jet or copter with them). Also, there seems to be a huge disadvantage to players at low levels, since perks and different weapons make a huge difference in winning. Lastly, single-player is fun but really not original in its story-line. I thought that Bad Company 2 had a great story-line with a fabulous dialogue of humor, Battlefield 3 seems a bit generic.

Overall I give the game a 9.5/10. This is due to the extreme realism of the game. While flying may be hard I think its spot on realistic, sounds are great, and any glitches in the game will be fixed in time. Its main downside is simply a generic campaign mode, but who spends much time in campaign on a massive multiplayer like this?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought I should add a bit more breakdown:

Single Player: 7
Great overall animation and game-play but normal story-line

Multiplayer: 9
There are glitches in the game now, setting up squads are a pain in the ass and for some reason when I play with a friend it likes to put them on the opposing team (WTF). Also the connection to the server seems down for 15 minutes every time I try to log on. BUT given these glitches will be fixed in time, the other attributes have much higher weight and they were superfluous
note: the death animation gets very old (same thing every time), and you can't check the score when you die (that's when people check the damn score EA... LEARN)

Graphics: 9.5
Best graphics aside from something like Crysis. Frostbite 2 engine is great

Animation: 10
Movements more realistic than any game I've ever played. Makes much more sense and feels right to actual movements of a soldier. (somewhat like mirror's edge)

Sound: 10
Best audio.

Overall: 9.5 as I said before. Currently I would give it an 8 due to glitches but one has to be a bit patient at the launch of such a big name game.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Well I bought it off origin, the digital copy.
Then I couldn't download it.
Turns out they sent me a PS3 version.
After 3 days of ring-arounds on the phone, I finally got it fixed.
They gave me 25% off coupon and told me to deny the package and it will be changed back to my account.
The 25% off coupon doesn't work.
I wasn't around to deny the package and my roommate already started playing it on my ps3.

Fun times with this game so far though.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I bought it off origin, the digital copy.
Then I couldn't download it.
Turns out they sent me a PS3 version.
After 3 days of ring-arounds on the phone, I finally got it fixed.
They gave me 25% off coupon and told me to deny the package and it will be changed back to my account.
The 25% off coupon doesn't work.
I wasn't around to deny the package and my roommate already started playing it on my ps3.

Fun times with this game so far though.
Sounds awful. I've heard that Origin is a hot mess and EA's customer support is the worst of the industry. Did hear though that if you keep pushing them (I mean over and over), and keep asking them to put you to someone higher, they will eventually give you a free downloadable game.

What's your PSN gamertag?

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I thought I should add a bit more breakdown:

Single Player: 7
Great overall animation and game-play but normal story-line

Multiplayer: 9
There are glitches in the game now, setting up squads are a pain in the ass and for some reason when I play with a friend it likes to put them on the opposing team (WTF). Also the connection to the server seems down for 15 minutes every time I try to log on. BUT given these glitches will be fixed in time, the other attributes have much higher weight and they were superfluous
note: the death animation gets very old (same thing every time), and you can't check the score when you die (that's when people check the damn score EA... LEARN)

Graphics: 9.5
Best graphics aside from something like Crysis. Frostbite 2 engine is great

Animation: 10
Movements more realistic than any game I've ever played. Makes much more sense and feels right to actual movements of a soldier. (somewhat like mirror's edge)

Sound: 10
Best audio.

Overall: 9.5 as I said before. Currently I would give it an 8 due to glitches but one has to be a bit patient at the launch of such a big name game.

Loving the game and agree with all of this... I hate the fact that when you die you can't touch the options or scoreboard for like 5 seconds while they force you to stare at the guy who killed you.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
the game is the best fps to date. it's glitchy as all hell but the sounds alone are worth the 40 bucks i paid for it. I've consistently preferred Modern warfare over battlefield in the past few releases, I'm eager to see what they do to match

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
the game is the best fps to date. it's glitchy as all hell but the sounds alone are worth the 40 bucks i paid for it. I've consistently preferred Modern warfare over battlefield in the past few releases, I'm eager to see what they do to match
Yes. It's one of those games that you just have to buy to understand how great the sounds are. Seems weird to even be discussing. And you really need a good sound system to really get the full effect, pretty good on my TVs standard speakers when I just logon for one game.

Zmoney - I hate the death thing a lot. But I did finally realize that if you press and hold the select button, the score does come up. Didn't realize this for the longest time because there is a little delay.

Last note: I do and don't like that you're automatically equipped with the latest unlocked attachments for your guns. I really hate certain scopes and it screw my gameplay but then again it keeps you from forgetting about them. Don't like the steps involved in editing a class in-game. Bad Company 2 was easier