Why is this forum dead? Does anyone still play Zy-El?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
As title says..

I was just curious. I played Zy-El a long time ago..wasn't sure if it still existed or not.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I do on Single Player and a couple of others. I am still keeping this online because I have posted Maphack and D2Loader instructions, and the forums about this mod dont allow it.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Because every fukin game forum whether SC or War3 or D2 is dead.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Too bad there is a decent enough of information to make this a good resource.

There can easily be more added.

I think the real kicker here, as I stated earlier is the Maphack instructions. Since Phrozenkeep disallows the discussion of Maphacks.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i think its just common sense
adding a section about something hardly anyone plays to a near dead forum = no activity

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You are both absolutely right, and absolutely wrong.

This forum has a low post per member ratio, true. But there are enough people who play Zy-el on PhrozenKeep as it is. There are approximately 200+ people that hang out there who post in the Zy-el section of the board.

The problem is they don't allow the discussion of third-party servers. If they did, Kato would have easily allowed the promoting of it. And all the TCP/IP people would easily join Zy-el and play it. But he couldn't. And Sunny and Jebs had user ratios to worry about.

Also, there are three better, more active mods on the site that seem to get more traffic: Eastern Sun, SnEj and Median XL. Eastern Sun is basically D2 with a lot more, and it's well constructed in difficulty terms. SnEj is the Zy-el game but for 1.12 and runs on an OpenGL library that allows 1024x768 - but it's retarded to install and hardly ever works. Plus, Seltsamuel operates the site in German, making it harder to ask for help in proper english. Finally, MedianXL is like a completely different game - not a single ability was based off an original skill. It's all custom jobbed for the most part and can be hard as fuck.

However, the only things I offered to the Zy-el community are:
A) A gateway to cheat via Maphack and D2Loader, since the former you need to do special things to ensure it works and the latter because there is no active link to 1.09d's D2Loader.
B) How to start an untwinked Zy-el character. Enough people have that problem.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
so ur saying it failed because u didnt offer enough things in the section u created ?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
-_-;

Cheeze, you should look at the more larger picture with some problems instead of just assuming it was my fault. I didn't host the mod on the site, nor did I create it. I merely just created a small resource without any collaberation from the two other sites to help those who do play it at least visit this site.

I decided to stop mainly because the server was dead on D2M and that was thier decision, not mine.
And I could easily jumpstart my own server, but then I would be having the same problems they got:
I can't advertise it to the community that has the largest concentration and this site would need at least something to start with.

But seeing as the next post you will make will just blame it on me and take in a small fraction of what I said, I'll stop here.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
so what was the point of creating a forum about something thats dead on D2M on a forum that is nearly dead you didnt need to make a new section it could of gone into the mod section already

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If this section needs to be merged with the mod section, then I'll let it happen.

It was created in a seperate section for exclusive content reasons. Which, as you know is what seperates one Battle.net based forum from another. But seeing as how the server is dead, this content has lost some meaning.

And if you remember, this section was created WHILE the server was operational (a few weeks from the launch actually).

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
yeah but no one really played it. i played on that server with you and me and you were pretty much the only ones playing zy-el

its a good mod but not worthy of its own section