Whats your build??

cobrakraiger

Reaction score
When using the orcs i was wondering what your initial build is?? Do u start with an alter, a barraks, a burrow what do u build first?? also what are u setting up for with your build? Are u going to harass with or rush or tech??

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I pretty much do waht you just said. Get the 3 peons on gold, and setup the burrow and altar off the bat. If I get the 60 wood with 1 of them peons that comes out on wood, then I get a barracks.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
[glow=black] yea thats typically what i get too, but recently ive been experimenting with a late altar by getting the "mill" first (i.e. graveyard, hunters hall, war mill)... [/glow]

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That is the only way you can pull off a successful tower rush. With speed and accuracy.

Reaction score
[glow=black] yea thats typically what i get too, but recently ive been experimenting with a late altar by getting the "mill" first (i.e. graveyard, hunters hall, war mill)... [/glow]
what do you plan to do with the mill? since headhunters are... well... IMO not really that crucial to too many battles i've seen, with them dying too fast and all... well, unless it's an early air strike you want, i cant see anything around the warmill...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
HH + TC can be quite devastating in teams, especially against hunts. You can also tower rush properly with that, since you got piercing towers off the bat.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is a little off topic but if you are orcs and you have a friend that is human you can go and buy his towers @ tier 3 and then use them in a tower rush.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You can buy towers at the shop, but you can only build Arcane Towers. Pretty pointless. And its tier 1 you get them.

And the Tiny Town Hall, may just build a main of that race.

I have a sweet wvyern build that is good on maps like Dragonblight or non-rush maps. I have done it 3 games today and won all 3.

I start with altar, burrow, and barracks, 3 on gold. Then start my hero and get about
4-6 more peons on wood. As I tech to t2, I get a shop, another burrow if I haven't and a War Mill. By the time t2 is done, I have 1000 gold or so to get my 2 Bestairies and get my wyverns going.

The only con is if I get rushed or I don't get enough food to start wvyerns. By the time I have the bestaires up, I should have 2 Wvyerns comin.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
4 on gold
1 builds alter
build a peon and get burrow (should complete same time as alter)
get wood peons, a barracks with the 2nd peon
build another burrow. then whatever else.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That is what Grubby does. I tried that and the burrow ended up a little late.

Unless, you build the peon first before you issue the 4 on gold.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but i think its worth that gold u take in, specially since grunts are costly.

Twiztid Mennace

Reaction score
isnt there a faster way?

Grunts are bad at gathering lumber plus when you have 20 peoms thats 20 food. meaing you have 80 food. I was told that theres some robot things that slice down treed which make it so you can gather lumber way faster. Is this true?