What is up with

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
With using chippos (Chims + Hippos) in FFA?

Honestly, almost every night elf I have ever faced has resorted to this gay underhanded strategy. And sadly, it does work.

Air units would get pecked out of the sky by hippos unless you have fiends or nets. And chims would pretty much decimate non-magic immune ground forces.

I have played about 5 night elves in FFA over my career (last season), and I only lost once to chims. They are so easy to stop with level 4+ heroes and orbs. Plus, I am jacking off healing wards and I have raiders to keep them on the ground.

Doesn't anyone else notice that?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
A good AA air /gargs, fiends with godly micro, 1/3 or half fm / better than hyppos is gg chims.

Honestly said, FFA is as newbish as 3v3 and 4v4 and 2v2 rt. How comes i've never seen any top players, those of who we know in a ffa? You kill someone, you get weakend, a newb destroys you because you fight vs 2 or 3, where do you show you're better ? It's a way of will you be attacked and by how many. I know a pro player i used to know in high school also one of our top players with 293:177 solo stats and 8:6 ffa stats. The only person i know playing ffa from the known top players. So ? He has 100 times the skill of those newbs from who he lost 6 games so where is the skill shown ?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Honestly said, FFA is as newbish as 3v3 and 4v4 and 2v2 rt. How comes i've never seen any top players, those of who we know in a ffa? You kill someone, you get weakend, a newb destroys you because you fight vs 2 or 3, where do you show you're better ? It's a way of will you be attacked and by how many. I know a pro player i used to know in high school also one of our top players with 293:177 solo stats and 8:6 ffa stats. The only person i know playing ffa from the known top players. So ? He has 100 times the skill of those newbs from who he lost 6 games so where is the skill shown ?
You just really don't get FFA

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chippos are a PITA if you are anything but NE. If you're NE just go mass Hipps and massacre them and then bust out some land units and they're toast.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I know they are weak, plus easy to kill.

I am just bringing up what the hell is up with that.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
You just really don't get FFA
Ive played some FFA games and 50:50 win: losses so i know what it takes to win and how you lose. If waiting to make 3 expands and mass or being killed by 2 is skill 'ok'. But it's a fact that i havent seen a FFA with top players and by top i mean those who we see in articles and not a level 40 azeroth player who you may call so. Sorry but solo shows more skill than ffa. Even though i have had games in which i beat 3 players in ffa out of 4 but that doesnt make me proud when the opponents obviously sucked. So solo > ffa.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ive played some FFA games and 50:50 win: losses so i know what it takes to win and how you lose. If waiting to make 3 expands and mass or being killed by 2 is skill 'ok'. But it's a fact that i havent seen a FFA with top players and by top i mean those who we see in articles and not a level 40 azeroth player who you may call so. Sorry but solo shows more skill than ffa. Even though i have had games in which i beat 3 players in ffa out of 4 but that doesnt make me proud when the opponents obviously sucked. So solo > ffa.
The reason you don't see pros in FFA games is two reasons. You can't spam wins in a FFA match. They are long, and take a lot more from a player than a solo match would. Also whereas the top solo players (lets say 20) where to regularly play games against each other, you end up with the best players winning a majority of their games agianst the less than better pro players. If they were to play FFa games, you would get several pro players in one game, and the chance of winning drops, so the chance of losing rises, and thats all that people seem to care about. So in a Solo game your chance of winning is higher.

Also FFA is a differnet style of game. You say low skill players just mass one unit and win. I have yet to lose to a mass unit player, even mass chims. If you are good enough, you don't lose against the lower skilled palyers, because you control the game.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Also, it is more a lazy low APM style of play. Most of the time when you are done creeping, you are scouting out your opponents and managing your 2-3 gold mines. The best times to strike your enemy for EXP is when they are creeping at t1 - t2.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason you don't see pros in FFA games is two reasons. You can't spam wins in a FFA match. They are long, and take a lot more from a player than a solo match would. Also whereas the top solo players (lets say 20) where to regularly play games against each other, you end up with the best players winning a majority of their games agianst the less than better pro players. If they were to play FFa games, you would get several pro players in one game, and the chance of winning drops, so the chance of losing rises, and thats all that people seem to care about. So in a Solo game your chance of winning is higher.

Also FFA is a differnet style of game. You say low skill players just mass one unit and win. I have yet to lose to a mass unit player, even mass chims. If you are good enough, you don't lose against the lower skilled palyers, because you control the game.
In ffa the better players have even less chance to win with ordinary skill unlike in solo since they can be attackd by more than 1 so the better players winning is bs, if the better players are weakend and owned? Because this isnt solo this is 1 vs 3. And since it doesnt show much skill to get owned by 3 at the same time one stays unbothered the whole game, towers like a nooob, masses and kills all whou have fought. Skill? Thast why they dont play FFA, 1vs1 shows the true skill not FFA. If you can win vs 3 naps who havent been attacked ok this means something but most of the cases you own weakend to win or get owned by more than 1.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The main problem also with FFA is that: People like to bitch when they are losing . Like if they manage to destroy half the army or something, instead of staying quiet they are like.

OMFG ATTACK RED!!! HE HAS NOTHING! Then you lose because of some revenge act some ****ing idiot made up.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yes that too, but i was convincing Mike about a pro game where you wont see this kiddy-like comments. But you are right this is another reason why FFA is not the game to show your skill, as i said, Mike, it's the solo - i think you are gg in your FFA comments.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, I have creeped in FFA. Too many people have t1 units when they do it. A few times, I have actually been better off getting experience from my enemies that are roaming the map. By the time, I cross them: I have Raiders and starting docs and two heroes. With Raiders I can engage in combat and do something about them. Especially effective when they start running away or when they are actually engaging in a creep.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont know how orcs in ffa play, in fact im not intersted in ffa at all. As i said a person who i used to know personally, pro player plays it, hes the from the few pro soloers who play ffa. Now i'll be inactive here for indefinite time, we discussed what we discussed im bored and specially annoyed by the rest newb questions around, i wont quote the threads, gross.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
They mostly use Tauren, Shaman, Docs, and either use HH or Wvyerns for AA. The problem is the NE usually do chippos or the UD end up going either mass air, crappy setup of fiends and dests, or go necrowagon. The humans are usually casters, with knights and tanks.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan i laugh at your comment for a second time, you might have been something on this game, but let the good players speak:
EVERYTHING IS NO SKILL EXCEPT FOR SOLO AND 2v2 AT, MAYBE ASK MANY GOOD PLAYERS....
Im Tspies@Northrend to lie some newbieeess who think solo 4:0 is so pro and enter their custom games to play custom
RESPECT ONLY TO SOLO PLAYERS WOOOHOO <-----------
rt e nai zle = rt sucks of all
rt trebva da go mahnat = RT MUST BE REMOVED HAHAHHAHAHAH, a screenshot in which you can understand many things, to shut your mouth finally.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Sadly, I have to agree with you. The only thing I do with RT now is 2on2, and that is all.