What is the greatest character you've played as in a video game?

BOBDOB

Reaction score
Hey Guys! As the question says who the best character you've ever played as. For me it has to be Auron from Final Fantasty X. That guy was beyond cool! With his jacket and black glasses. I mean Final Fantasy are known for their characters and this guy stood out more than any of them. :)

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
For fun it would have to be Mario for me. But that is kind of unfair because he is in like a million games, but I have played Mario as a hero, as a fighter, as a racer, and as a soccer player. That character is so versatile that he has provided for the most fun moments.

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
Lara Croft, no doubt. In fact, was instrumental in my life as a player during my teenage years. The following description fits perfectly:"It's not being overly cynical to say that part of Croft's appeal has always been the fact that she's a pixellated hottie in short shorts and a too-tight t-shirt but there's more to this iconic leading lady than her EE cup size. She's one of a kind, our Lara, aristocratic and acrobatic, adventurous and forever young - she's a young lady everyone can look up to� and avoid going on holidays with, no matter what she promises you. "

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
That's a tough question, like asking me to pick one of my children. I liked playing as Ryu Hazuki in Shenmue, I agree with the choice of Sir Auron in Final Fantasy, I liked being the Prince of Persia, I also like Jade from Beyond Good & Evil and Deuce Wyatt from Hunter the Reckoning.

My least favorite character to play as was that dude from Midway's The Suffering. I don't like hearing voices that tell me to kill my family, so that game made me uncomfortable.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
I'd also have to agree with the Mario post. It's the only character that I know that I have gone on so many journey's on like racing, platforming and even appearing in an RPG! Ah Mario, Even though Auron will always be my favourite, Mario would have to be second. He's like a younger gaming brother to me. :)

TNDO17

Reaction score
For me it has to be Carl Johnson from GTA San Andreas. It's just such a cool character and in my opinion is the sole reason why GTA SA was so successful. His development in the story line is incredible and really makes you wonder what's his next move.

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
For me it has to be Carl Johnson from GTA San Andreas. It's just such a cool character and in my opinion is the sole reason why GTA SA was so successful. His development in the story line is incredible and really makes you wonder what's his next move.
I forgot about CJ for a moment. Carl was so much fun to play as ,and it was a fun game overall with a great soundtrack and great ,huge map to explore. Sometimes I was a little mean and made Carl fat or made him wear ugly clothes and a bad haircut, but I enjoyed playing as him and being in his world.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I would say that the greatest character I've ever played as was one of my own making. It was my character I developed on the original PSO. That was the first time I ever played a game where I could make "me".

Esperahol

Reaction score
Captain Shepherd. Yeah, that sounds lame, but I enjoyed having choices with consequences as well as the high stakes in the game. I liked that there were relationships to create and that you slowly, but surely built this whole legend or mythos across three games and several DLCs. I just love the character.

EvoDoom

Member!
Reaction score
I.
Am.
The DOVAHKIIN!!!

^ I'm pretty sure that my uh... mildly over-exaggerated response should suitably give my standpoint on this topic? ;P

iemp

Reaction score
I agree with those who mentioned CJ from GTA: San Andreas. He was pretty badass but still there was a deep story of his life and as somebody already said - his character develops through the game :)