What is a "pub nub"?



I've heard old what's-his-face mention "them" many times. What are they?


Battle God
I believe that it's a term used in online games. pub nub would be public game noob, if I'm not mistaken. Seems more fit for counter strike though, since people go into public games there all the time on a different level then Diablo II or WarCraft III.


Yeah, on d2 people who play public games are there for runs and exp. Thanks for the answer.


Retired Staff
It is a name for a player who only plays in public servers. Generally only used in FPS games by guys in leagues such as CAL or CEVO.

Darkmatter is correct, though where did you hear this? I'm curious as to why it was used in an RPG. If it was that is.


Retired Staff
iamh4x0r said:
teh pub nub does not know wut a pub nub is lol?

Oh TeH IrOnY

p.s. - what is a troll? avery1 call me troll?
Definition from Dictionary.LaborLawTalk.com:
1. A person who makes posts (on newsgroups or other forums) that are solely intended to provoke responses from others either Socratically or to cause annoyance or offense.
2. A post that is intended to incite controversy or cause offense. (Many posts may inadvertently cause strife as collateral damage, but they are not trolls.)

Your post above is a good example of 'trolling', and hopefully you'll stop before you are banned.


Don't bother with him, Beck. From what I see he's on his way out.


New Member
Lol, even by just literally pronouncing the word, you can get the understanding. There wasn't any need to....nevermind the troll is already here.

Someone in this thread is really asking for it.


Yes, competitive or "professional" players often refer to casual gamers as this, quite irritating really. :(