Watch season 3 of Eastbound & Down

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, was I disappointed. We all know the Kenny is a screw-up, but the season finale was awful. Some of the stuff they have had kenny do in season 3 just wasn't believable and got rather annoying. I loved season 1 but it seems like HBO's writers just crapped out and didn't have the energy to evolve the plot beyond "trash, self-defeating X-baseball player tries to get back in majors but screws himself every chance he gets".

Even if there is a season 4, I don't think I'll watch it anymore. Kenny will just act stupid (which is somewhat fun to watch), then have some miracle comeback, then instantly screw himself over on purpose.

Spoiler alert if you haven't watched the finale yet: (who cares anyways, it was so bad)... Kenny gets in the majors based on some unbelievable circumstances, does well in his first game, it comes down to the last pitch where HE IS BACK moment comes, then just drops the ball, walks off, fakes his death, and goes back to April. She says, you could have just asked us to come to the majors with you, and he goes "O, I guess that would have worked".

Loved season 1, season 2 okay, season 3 was HBO sabotaging their own show and ruining their fan base.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It was a huge letdown, but Kenny wouldn't be himself if he didn't do something stupid.