WARCRAFT Who is the HERO KILLER!!!!!! (also has to be hero) Can also be Harasser

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Orc has something just as devastating as Coil Nova nuke: (BM or TC)/SH and Wvyerns, especially when you have Grunts to tank against webbing fiends or other aa. You could pretty much kill a hero with that insane setup.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Today I just played few games vs skilled, I lost all (3rd month inactive). And one of the games vs Panda with ud making my foots about 50% (lich is easy he doesnt have such aoe as the panda), then ofc vs ghouls + dk 1st (panda 2nd) that wins, a hero deciding the game - I hate it. The same for a firelord, just heroes making a win-game is way not right. I will gladly move to SCII, I'm staring to hate hero system and I will prefer without it. That's it, I won't even play war3 melee anymore. I'm officially retired from this game, I'll just do my custom maps with custom models of SC and other futuristic till SCII is out. And I won't be in front of a PC for a whole year so I hope SCII is out when I return.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You will be sadly missed. A lot of the time, its the heroes that piss me off the most. Especially thier support ones which you think are the weakest, but are really the strongest.

I haven't done melee in 3 months, but I was able to play well when I went back to it. For the time being, I have been playing d2 mods.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Well Chris, my retirement is more of studying in the USA rather than the imbaness of panda and ud heroes. That's why I won't play although I can still say 'hi' at any point of the world. And it looks like it requires constant playing and keeping the shape non-stop, also I started too late to become anything good in war3. And now some with the good stats are some kiddies who have no life outside the game, nothing obligatory to do, other than school (they don't even go to school, skip classes and don't study at all, I guess), while from 20s+ we kinda care more about the real life stuff so I have more important things to do. And when SCII comes out, I can become good by playing solo from the 1st game, instead of starting solo years later and I won't have many hours to play per day anyway, which is ok.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I don't have any problem with your logic. If you need to sacrifice Wc3 so you can do your real life things, then go ahead, I am not going to stop you. These days I just play Customs, melee I still got the brain cells on how to play it, considering my memory for video games seems to be better than anything else these days lol.

I for one am gonna wait for Sc2 to come out, so I can start going back to the awesomeness known as the Terran race.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Now this proves that I'm not a loser whos life is war3 as some thought. There, where I go, I will be busy studying and working. Even if I didn't, think about how some are good at solo since roc and I started too late. You see, no point, when SCII is out everybody will be newb at it, I don't know how SCers will cope with it, but those who have played few years of SC&BW then war3 tft will not be worse, imo better cuz of the more micro skill war3 teaches. There won't be any top players and good players, everybody will be equal, then those who start from the beginning can be good/pro when sc2 expansion is out. I think it is more practical to try to become good in a game that is new for all. In war3 what? Some are already pros, no time to become very good player now. And should I mention the better grahpics of SCII etc?

Here, in order not to go too OT you can comment here:
http://battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=127701

Heh I don't mind playing AT so any moment you want, you can tell me.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This thread hmm...

Definitely MK, or specifically storm bolt.

BM however has insane DPS.

I too am sick of the hero focus of WC3. Human? Go AM. Undead? Go DK. Blah.

What I've done recently is try to do strats that are uncommon. For instance, I go MK and breakers with humans, or necromancers with UD.

Check out the hero shop.

A lot can be hard to use, but try the Goblin Tinker. He can creep orange level creeps BY HIMSELF and becomes unnukable come level 6.

Another thing that pisses me off is Orc.

Windwalk is so annoying, to new players and to veterans. Do something to it, maybe make it last shorter.

Ensnare working on heroes is also just as dumb. True, spells like cripple, cyclone, work on heroes, but it requires dedication. Casters, upgrades, tier 3, etc. Orc, it's simply drop beastiary, upgrade it and raiders.

Bats have pretty much removed going large amounts of air against orc. No gargs, no hipporiders, etc.

Yea.

I've played WC3 recently, but always trying new things. Meh.

Herocraft most likely.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Undead needs more than 1 hero to kill off a hero. The Coil/Nova/Impale nuke costs lives big time. It is also full of instant effects.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I don't see ppl using CL as 3rd anymore, I see DK with lich or a tavern hero vs orc, or CL 1st, rarely. CL 3rd hero vs orc has no point, unless the game is soo long as to make lvl 4 and higher.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Re: Who is the HERO KILLER!!!!!! (also has to be hero) Can also be Harasser

CL 1st has the beetles. But you have no means of healing your fiends until the Undead player researches Burrow. And I have killed CL first many times with BM. And the beetles don't stand up to grunts very well at the start. The only purpose they serve is a distraction so the fiends aren't engaged in melee combat.

And besides, you can get Walkers and dispel them when you hit T2. Impale would just be burning mana if you did a spell build like that.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

UD relies too much on the DK. Fiends become incredibly weak once they don't have the aura or coil. Logic would say nerf the DK and buff UD units.

ChrisH36

Reaction score

But if that happens, what will not stop the UD units from destroying your own units. The DK is just a paladin but with no invulernability. You don't really see many paladin rifles very often either.

And besides, Fiends can still burrow at T2.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score

Warden becomes imba on high levels, no stopping with the anti-magic and invul.

ChrisH36

Reaction score

there are people in FFA that use solo warden and tech chippos. That is an annoying strategy, especially when the player masses ,moon wells during the process.

I was beatenby one of these players. Got level 10 and reduced my heroes and even my units to ribbons.

FoK can smoke workers, casters and t1s, and SS can do damage to heroes and harder to kill things. Blink makes it easier for her to escape. And Vengeance can be a problem in some situations.

DoomedSoul

Ur local Wc3 Emo
Reaction score

blade master is really good 1v1 hero killer. start wit windwalk and then attck and windwalk again... this is really good against humans and NE

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score

the nerubian king?

ChrisH36

Reaction score

blade master is really good 1v1 hero killer. start wit windwalk and then attck and windwalk again... this is really good against humans and NE
Assuming you dont empty your mana supply in the process. You cant be too cocky with that Wind Walk. I have seen Blademasters get killed by Ancients before or getting trapped.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com

If you know how to play a blademaster correctly I think it can be more effective than a MK. Windwalk + Crit is nice, but mirror image is overlooked by a lot of players and even if you just have tier 1 MI, if they guess wrong on the hero in combat you can rip them apart.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score

If you know how to play a blademaster correctly I think it can be more effective than a MK. Windwalk + Crit is nice, but mirror image is overlooked by a lot of players and even if you just have tier 1 MI, if they guess wrong on the hero in combat you can rip them apart.
I'm smart enough/good enough/both to always see which hero remains as the illusions come out from him. This is totally useless ability. Especially if you are noob hero focuser to waste your time with focusing illusions.