User Reputation System

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
vB Manual said:
User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.
[glow=black]You may remember the reputation system when implemented on BattleForums before. It didn't go so well due to the lack of understanding of the system and how it works. We'll be using the system once again (in lieu of groan/thank).

To add or subtract reputation from a user, simply click
, located in the bottom left of any post, type a comment and submit. Sounds pretty straightforward right? Well, it is. The calculations that go into it, however, are anything but.

Reputation power is how much power you have to affect other users' reputation. Reputation power is calculated through the following:

For every 365 days registered, you gain 1 reputation power.
For every 1000 posts, you gain 1 reputation power.
For every 500 reputation, you gain 1 reputation power.

For example, x42bn6's reputation power is 24 (scary, I know). 10 for 20,000 posts (aprox), 5 for years registered, and to be perfectly honest I have no idea where the others come from. My rep power is 8 and Mike's is 18 (approx). So we'll just have to see how it works out. :)

You can give 10 reputation actions per 24 hours, and you must affect 5 different people before affecting the same person twice.

The reputation levels are as follows:
[/glow]

Code:
Title/Reputation Points

***Secret***/-200
User can only hope to improve/-100
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past/-50
User is an unknown quantity at this point/0
User is on a distinguished road/50
User will become famous soon enough/100
User has a spectacular aura about/150
User is a jewel in the rough/200
User is just really nice/250
User is a glorious beacon of light/300
User is a name known to all/350
User is a splendid one to behold/400
User has much to be proud of/450
User has a brilliant future/500
User has a reputation beyond repute/550
***Secret***/1000
[glow=black]
Reputation and the plaza/vbBux system:
For every good reputation point you receive, you will be awarded 0.5 plaza points. For every bad reputation point you receive, you will be awarded 0.05 plaza points. For example, if I was to give you good reputation on a post, you would receive 4 plaza points.

You can view the latest comments and reputation people have given you through your control panel.

Like most of vBulletin, this is an extremely versatile system. Through it we can incorporate things such as discounts, moderator permissions and pretty much any other setting. However, if these are added it will be in the future.

I would very much appreciate reports of errors in the system.[/glow]

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I can't give you reputation, probably because you're admin. Do check if there's more stuff like that in the other usergroups, too.

--Edit--

No, wait... I can't give reputation to anyone. I should have lyek 18 rep power, so gief.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]Yeah, I noticed registered was disabled a second ago from giving rep. I'll check your group as well.

Fixed. (For ancients at least)[/glow]

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Green is good rep I believe...gray is none/unknown and red is bad. But yes, it is "rep power" so to speak.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
2 questions....

Whats the cash value of the rep pts? And where can I cash in?

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice I love it.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]No. The bars indicate how much reputation you have (good or bad, corresponding to color). I think you can only view reputation power through moderator or admin cp.

Bret, I said the cash value above, and it's given to you as soon as you receive the reputation.[/glow]

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]Not really. But as I said, through vB we can make the end results of reputation limitless, if and when we choose to. :)[/glow]

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Feel free to suggest rank names btw

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]I really don't get what you could test with that post, but by all means. lol[/glow]

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't get it. Can we just add reputation to people whenever we feel like it?