The Help thread 1.19 replays

Status
Not open for further replies.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont worry I'll post my first tests on the new version vs players.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I need to reinstall the game, for some reason my game stopped prompting me to save replays even though my replays folder is still active in my directory.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
need help quiksilver and Pan (maybe) TT

Twisted:
Omg either what i showed you beating lvl 30 UD - those guys were not good or this one was better or he just won with mass dests. I'll give you some answers first. I started like usual with 2 avieries + expo and mass hawks- i had over 10 hawks and he had 8 dests. In the frist battle it looked like he eas going to own my hawks so i went back to my base. I built 2 workshops to make few gyros and 4 tanks. The next battle he returned but when i made few griffs too, in the next battle his dests were all red hp, i tp-ed maybe i should have killed them , just because i thought i was going to lose my hero or more ? Next i lost some air and 1 tank, then when he made few gargs and prolly the same 4-5 dests alive from the previos battle i knew i was going to lose and just killed his expo,i fought with him only to say gg i knew i would have lost. SHould i really go mass hawks or maybe get some griffs and at least 4 tanks, 2 worshops not 2 avieries? Like 12+ hawks or fewer hawks and some tanks + few gyros? This game i felt helpless :(

My apm's now 160+ but thats another story.

~Edit: Now again like in 1st replay he had more food limit. This time UD had 1 spider that i couldnt even see, but yes 2nd game i def needed more hawks and now I'll try with mass hawks with 3 aviaries and gyros cuz tanks is too slow. I'd played this before i saw your posts.

And btw Hellwolf, with 1.19 dest armor reduced to 3 from 4 and piercing do extra dmg vs dests you can kill dests with hawks,i 'll try it.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you are going mass hawks....and have an expo... You cAN AFFORD 3 aviaries...You can greatly outnumber his dests...If you see that he has a lot of dests b4, make a workshop and make gyros with hawks. Why did you make tanks? You had to stick to 1-2 units for AA. MAKE SURE TO upgrade your hawks! they are useless against destroyers without upgrades! i learnt this the hard way

didnt watch replay...will get back with more info

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Going hawks against destroyers who have more damage and more armor then hawks, I don't know. Try adding tanks or rifles to dispose of destroyers.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah i watched the both replays.
1st replay: your expo wasnt really fast enough to counter his mass destros. you might have had a chance if you made the 3 aviaries and started pumping like crazy. Also, you made a blacksmit too late. NO TANKS! ive seen it be done with tanks but VERY RARE! make gyros if you want(A LOT). Usually, when a UD player sees you go fast expo. Hes prolly gonna mass destros because they can own towers and units.

You can ALSO MAKE RIFLES! If hes going pure air you can win with rifles, but they are a bit too slow and he can harass the shit out of you. So im not too sure...but i have also seen it be done.
Try to get ur expo up earlier and make a bit more foots( they are cheap and keep enemy busy)...Harass his slaughter houses that are being built. And make the vault a bit earlier.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I really did smth strange thse 2 games- never before expoed on tier 2 but before upgrading to keep.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, now we hit V1.19b. I don't think 1.19 replays won't work anymore!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Should i tell you how noobelf beats me ? 1) I almost win, oppo is noob i kill his tree of eternity, he has hidden his expo well enough then i suddenly see chims. I start making gyros as i have workshop and no time for hawks.He nukes my 2 morts with chims in my base and , DH who is lvl 5, becomes lvl 6 kills all my gyros with imbamorph. 2) A noob just masses tier 1 units but on best upgrade and mass archers+ some hunts, i have mort and rifles but becase he has x2 more limit guess- he is in my base and i can do nothing and Btw again DH lvl 6.

Another game i lost like you, and btw the upper text 1) is gnoll wood map. I lost to good player relaitvely like u on gnoll again. Elf on gnoll is shitty thing. In my game he was almost dead somehow bears apperead althuygh i killed dryads and few bears and archers then i lost in battles.

Now about your game, i said these things especially the game up because they are close and on the same map. You do well with rifles+ casters + footies as using them. I couldnt know about your blizz - did you retrain or u just added lvl 1 blizzard at lvl 4 ? Dont do that - always retrain if needed.
Now there is smth about positions which matters and i saw smth in sk-gaming in one page for lessons. They call them 'polar' etc i dont know what it means . Somethign like that was your problem and mine. When yopu fight you move your injured but if he moves all his bears through ur rfiles you loses again. What i do is (i have 1-2 sorc) i shoot at 1 bear and when i see he is too close i move all my rifles again, then again. At that time while bears move again to my rifles i clap and use blizzard and damage them as much as possible. But sometimes even this is not enough and i lose even like that. I'd rather show you a replay of a bulgarian player, i dont know if he's one of our proz - wta.shadowtaker but he played good. His oppo has 48:14 stats with elf and lost . Map is Twisted.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
ALL i have to say is...help me I HATE NE! Die NE
0:03:42
HMM, right away the DH kills your AM, stole the tome and was ultiamtely a head from teh get go. you can't let that happen, pay more attention or something.

0:08:09
He already has Lore out. You both have exact same hero levels, yet you have had 8 minutes to creep and he is already nearing the end of the major part of his tech. You have a Keep, 1 AS, and nothing else? He is already ahead of you and has DOTC.

00:10:30
What advantage you had in numbers you gave away. You let your hero died. You killed a bear, but decide to focue on a hero that has a potion of invulnerability. You let the archers focus and eat away at your hero and units.
Biggest problem by 00:11:09 is you focused on his DH, let your units get ripped up yet he remains a live and is in orange and he is building Bears. Where are your units? Your building nothing, no backup units sent to your hero. Your on his base, The basics of attack and defend dictate you should have overwhelming numbers, otherwise your at a disadvantage, and it shows.
Your units are also disorganized for the most part.

00:11:16
Seriously your units are disorganized, and already 2 bears have ripped up your units. You have no back up. You have given up your advantage completely.

00:15:00
I'm noticing a trend here. You keep focusing on the DH, while his army rips you and then the DH who has boots runs away or has a potion too save his life. Also I noticed somethign about your subgroups. Do you put all your units into one? If so that isn't a wise choice. They should independatly be doing seperate commands, not one command together. Plus at 15:11 your MK dies his second time in the game. Not a good thing. Hero count right now he has killed your AM once and your MK twice while u've killed his Naga once. He has the EXp advantage, and right now the unit advantage. Plus your still on tier 2. You have a keep, which is keeping your from expanding your army. Why are you building breakers? Bears do extra to breakers. There isn't any farie fire going around, what is there to steal? Breakers seem pointless.

00:19:55
It's an army of Rifles and casters vs. bears and dryads. Dryads>casters and Bears>everyhitng you have. There is no need for the overwhelming number of rifles. They may not be the best Meele, but Knights migth have helped.

00:21:27
You try to expand and he stops it. The expansion came to late, and you let him expand. At this point there is no way he could lose. Your reliance on Rifles, to which he has a direct coutner doesnt make the most sense.

00:24:48
You move yuor army into his, but in all honesty I doubt you would have won anyways. The dryads made your casters obsolete, and the bears rip up your entire frontline. The rifleman is a tier 2 ranged unit and the beatr is a tier 3 meele. The DH leveled faster, and didn't die. You gotta speed things up, and counter quicker. Micro better. He teched the entire first quarter of the match with some archers and a DH. Defend>archers. The DH is also a natural mage killer with Manaburn. He is fast, and you cant expect to kill him easily. Focusing on him will jsut make him run a little bit away while his units kill yours. that is the problem iwth DH is he is to fast. You gotta focus more on killing the units off becuase without support he isn't much.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow im impressed by the detailed mistakes you have posted, Pan. Btw being tier 2 vs bears isnt wrong. You dont need knights to own bears and this strat is universal- used by almost everybody and works. You may make more rifles and if needed add few mortars for dryads. Breakers arent mistake, at least they can take rejuv, then a dryad dispells but breakers being the 1st target can make you shoot bears while you move spebbreakers away. There is what to catch- rejuv, defense(scroll) or roar. The thing about rifles + casters is MASS blizzard + clap and a lot of slow from clap. Yes sometimes even this doesnt work but i can explain this with - someone is better. Need to train the same thing more. If you have less skill than somebody else you may lose even with knights or griffs. Now you see that things are for SKILL again, not just wrong strategy. In this cases there is nothing u can do- but hope to win next time when you have more skill .

Could you tell me that detailed when i post something i dont know where to find the problems ^^

Although i've had exp decay on the acca, for me such stats like 50,4% and 27 lvl for 200+ wins is really newb. Some even refused to play me when they saw i have this lvl on 200+ wins. But they dont know that i have a lot more skill than many of my lvl. Nobody would want to accept me in a good solo/pro clan (ranked below 100 or above 100 but with good soloers + pros )with such stupid acca. But it comes from win win win loss loss loss win loss win win loss loss = same exp but more games made. I stopped making this: 3-4 wins to say - 'ok enough i dont want to lose'. I see some start from lvl 10 and now get lvl 35+ and i make a lvl for week(s). Thats why - no more dota games -just mass BNet not 3-4 i dont want to lose but 10++++ util i feel tired . I dont want to start new acca- imagine 27 lvls .... again when im closer to thirties and should be at least lvl 40. What a dilemma.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan said:
0:03:42
HMM, right away the DH kills your AM, stole the tome and was ultiamtely a head from teh get go. you can't let that happen, pay more attention or something.

0:08:09
He already has Lore out. You both have exact same hero levels, yet you have had 8 minutes to creep and he is already nearing the end of the major part of his tech. You have a Keep, 1 AS, and nothing else? He is already ahead of you and has DOTC.

00:10:30
What advantage you had in numbers you gave away. You let your hero died. You killed a bear, but decide to focue on a hero that has a potion of invulnerability. You let the archers focus and eat away at your hero and units.
Biggest problem by 00:11:09 is you focused on his DH, let your units get ripped up yet he remains a live and is in orange and he is building Bears. Where are your units? Your building nothing, no backup units sent to your hero. Your on his base, The basics of attack and defend dictate you should have overwhelming numbers, otherwise your at a disadvantage, and it shows.
Your units are also disorganized for the most part.

00:11:16
Seriously your units are disorganized, and already 2 bears have ripped up your units. You have no back up. You have given up your advantage completely.

00:15:00
I'm noticing a trend here. You keep focusing on the DH, while his army rips you and then the DH who has boots runs away or has a potion too save his life. Also I noticed somethign about your subgroups. Do you put all your units into one? If so that isn't a wise choice. They should independatly be doing seperate commands, not one command together. Plus at 15:11 your MK dies his second time in the game. Not a good thing. Hero count right now he has killed your AM once and your MK twice while u've killed his Naga once. He has the EXp advantage, and right now the unit advantage. Plus your still on tier 2. You have a keep, which is keeping your from expanding your army. Why are you building breakers? Bears do extra to breakers. There isn't any farie fire going around, what is there to steal? Breakers seem pointless.

00:19:55
It's an army of Rifles and casters vs. bears and dryads. Dryads>casters and Bears>everyhitng you have. There is no need for the overwhelming number of rifles. They may not be the best Meele, but Knights migth have helped.

00:21:27
You try to expand and he stops it. The expansion came to late, and you let him expand. At this point there is no way he could lose. Your reliance on Rifles, to which he has a direct coutner doesnt make the most sense.

00:24:48
You move yuor army into his, but in all honesty I doubt you would have won anyways. The dryads made your casters obsolete, and the bears rip up your entire frontline. The rifleman is a tier 2 ranged unit and the beatr is a tier 3 meele. The DH leveled faster, and didn't die. You gotta speed things up, and counter quicker. Micro better. He teched the entire first quarter of the match with some archers and a DH. Defend>archers. The DH is also a natural mage killer with Manaburn. He is fast, and you cant expect to kill him easily. Focusing on him will jsut make him run a little bit away while his units kill yours. that is the problem iwth DH is he is to fast. You gotta focus more on killing the units off becuase without support he isn't much.

WOW, thanks for the long description. I agree with MS about the units that i chose. What I didnt was a universal counter versus bears and archers. It might have been good if i added some mortars in there too. I didnt TP my hero because he was only level 1...and could come out real fast. I should have noticed that expo he was making. He is smart though. I checked ALL other spots except there because i didnt think he would make it there! hah...I should have made an expo.

I dont group everything into a group unless, something goes wrong i need everyone to get out. and i dont have time to regroup.

Anyways, ur right about the other stuff though. Ill take them into consideration. next time.

MS...that really sux to get a loss against that! hah...NE has really good tier 1 unit combos.

btw...my new acc is quik[2k]...check it out...pretty good stats!

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole game was going downhill. I took my last stand at my base to keep my boneyards alive long enough. And had to stay off my blight because feiry fire is a bitch. Still had a nice outcome.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
MS...that really sux to get a loss against that! hah...NE has really good tier 1 unit combos.

btw...my new acc is quik[2k]...check it out...pretty good stats!
Im really afraid when such noobs win, i feel very humiliated. They laught at such stats lol 27 at 250 wins and now you have lvl 18 on 32 wins. But why am i bitching about these stats ? - 26th Sept. You have good stats but when both mine and your lvl are reset 0 - enjoy to play lvl 30, lvl 40 lvl 50 who want to become again that lvl. I dont mind such lvls - i have played in tournaments, vs top players just how stats are going to be after the reset - i dont know.

Btw can you give me some harass tips vs every race? I see you do a lot of harasses and every good player especially vs weaker would harass and not wait to make a certain army before they kick ass. How do you harass vs HU, NE , OR and UD, pls post vs each race? I know that when somebody harasses you, you can even creep e.g vs DH or DK and u get lvl 2 he is still lvl 1. But when he doesnt attatck you, you probably creep to lvl 2 and go harass? What exactly?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its gonna suck when the reset. I didnt know it was gonna be that early. I worked so hard for that acc.

Ok, Versus hu:
Either i pick blizzard and harass peasant line. I stopped doing this.
Or i just walk into the other person' s base and start knocking peasants with WE's and foots.
If he is making fast expo, THE SECOND YOU ARE DONE WITH making yours in LT, run over to his expo and harrass there. Keep making foots and move to his main base and leave 2 foots down there.

Versus NE:
If you find an NE that hasnt gotten his Aow up or is probably massing hunts, you have a good chance to make a successful tower rush if you are next to him.
Or rush to his base and start attacking his wisps.(They die fast)

Versus UD:
Very hard if he gets up the nerubian tower. Plus they usually have ghouls harvesting lumber... I try to walk in and harass the accolytes, but i usually do this if i want to distract him from my expo or something.

Versus ORC:
Also hard. But i usually pull off getting a burrow. Make sure you surround it with 3 foots and some WE's. And just hit it down. You can keep up if he has like 1 peon fixing it.

Static:

I watched ur replay! Nice propaganda! How could you have thought you lost! When you said GG you got him pretty confident!
Take more care of your hero....and dont fight a battle that you know ur gonna lose...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes thx quik and btw i rape expos and peasants in hum mirror but im also interested at what time of the game you harass like- vs elf do you get lvl 2 then go or lvl 1 (no turtle, no adjacent), and do you always harass UD ? (i dont) and orc? an at what lvls 1 or 2? or even later at what time of the game ?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I try to harass at the second my tier 2 comes out...then, he will be making the tier 2 buildings so you can destroy them! and delay him like crazy...If it is NE you can keep pumping units and get the win....

Okay, here is one of the best games i have ever played! I was wondering what to do against that last army that he had! watch and enjoy...lol
wow, after watching the replay once, i realized that i had retarded hero deaths and the other guy had about 5grand throughout the game...

DH is ridiculous...btw if you didnt notice...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow what a game. It was interesting but u need some tips.
1. Get rid of losing your heroes so much, it can turn the game and in this case thx to many expos, which was right, you holded very long and both had equal chances. Use many potions- healing and invul, invis . Maybe you didnt use double click with tp but this is the fastest way to do it. Use one sorc without slow so that you always have invis and use it to save heroes. You can even use scroll of healing as in many battles your hp of many units was low. Using potions isnt less skill especially vs nuker. Even if you make him nuke your hero and you save the hero he will lose a lot more. Thats what you really needed - mass invis and potions earlier. Also it is good to hunt his expo first even though he may still have his buildings in the main base. Thats what i can think of right now. See you in the Reset Day.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wow...thats a good idea with leaving one sorc without slow! hah, i never thought of that! I realized my mistakes...It was my hero deaths at the start that made me lose.
There are many times that i forgot to tp...or some crap...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.