The Dragonis War

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Right, since it's my first time back in a good long time (over a year I believe), I think we should start up with the family I made. There has been over 20 generations and now, I invite you to add onto that legacy or create someone outside the clan.

Rules:
-No Spam
-No Godmodding
-Be fair to everyone
-Be at least semi-literate
-Have fun
-Respect the BF rules and regulations

Character Sheet:

Name:
Sex:
Weight:
Description: (a short paragraph please)
Personality: (another short paragraph)
Weapon:
Picture: (optional)

Now for my guy

Name: Torque Dragonis III
Sex: Male
Height: 5'8''
Weight: 127lbs.
Description: A man of average height and light weight, he wears a long black tunic which is open at the front to expose his chest. He wears dark gray pants and black boots with deep purple tassels tied around the folds of the top. He has long bleached-white hair tied back into a queue.
Personality: Cool, calculative and precise(sp?), Torque is also a dedicated chivilrous person. He inherited the Dragonis' famous raptor gaze that seems to pierce through one's soul.
Weapon: Deathscream (The family's heiriloom blade. It is a soul-stealing weapon and after every victim that falls under it, a black flame patter on the blade grows. This comes at the cost of the weilder's sanity.)
Picture: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/VoxTheHero/torur-1.jpg

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Name : Balthizar, Devourer of Souls
Height : 6'2"
Weight : 200 lbs.
Race : Demon
Class : Firecaster
Armor/Clothing : He has a natural molten rock armor of the darkest crimson, it is near impenetrable.
Armement/Abilities : He doesn't exactly use weapons, he forms a two-handed sword made out of pure molten rock called FlameTongue. He can summon fire with great ease, but depending on the strength and size of the flames, it fatigues him. When he defeats an opponent, he devourers their soul for his master to gain power, and he gains a small bit of power with the soul.
Backround : Once a simple farmer, but when a plague hit his town, all of his friends and family died slow painful deaths, but he was left untouched. He soon went crazy, he started going from town to town, stealing and murdering, he was soon found and killed, when he reached the underworld, he was given a position in the Dark Entity's infernal army. He now serves his master with much enthusiasm.
Personality : He may be a damned soul of a crazy murderer, but he still holds some sanity. He loves to chat, coincidentally, a fellow Firecaster told him would be his downfall, but ignorantly Balthizar shrugged it off. He is very quick to anger, and when he is anger, you definatly don't want to be around, he is a damned soul of a crazy murderer afterall.

((Sorry if he is on kinda the powerful side, but he does have considerable weaknesses.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Name: Thaltos
Age: Not specified, but appears to be in his mid twenties.
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 154 lbs

Description: The product of one of Zeus's many dalliances with mortals, Thaltos is the son of the lord of Olympus as well as one of the lesser Gorgons spawned from the original three Sisters. Thaltos inherited few of his mother's serpentine traits, but he did get his share. His skin is a very dark grey bordering on black, and his long hair is as black as the waters of the Styx, and comes down all the way to the middle of his back, just below where the ribcage would end. Not individual strands, his hair is divided up into a multitude of sinuous tendrils that seem almost animate, a little part of his mother's legacy. The irises of his eyes are a bright crimson red. His attire looks very similar to that of Kratos, except done in a deep black and brightly shining gold patterns. He does not have Kratos's tattoo.

Personality: Thaltos is a man of little conversation. He is fiercely devoted to serving the gods of Olympus, and is so zealously dedicated that he is often called upon by the Three Sisters of Fate to enforce their laws and choices governing the fates of mortals. Charged with the role of "Heaven's Hired Hand," Thaltos does whatever is required of him with a grim pleasure in the fulfillment of his destiny and ultimate purpose. Far from a mindless brute, however, he's quite intelligent and witty. His sense of humor is quite dry, but when he finds something funny you'll usually know it. His general disposition makes many people get the impression that he's something of a sourpuss, but in actuality he is just rather focused and task-oriented. He rarely rushes blindly into a fray, and plans most of his moves quite carefully, so if you interrupt him while he's thinking, you're probably going to be snapped at...especially when you consider that whatever he's pondering on was probably dictated to him by the Gods themselves...the bottom line is that he's a decent guy, but has every bit the conviction and ruthlessness needed to fulfill his role as what boils down to the bounty hunter of Olympus.

Weapons: The Shears of Atropos, a pair of cruel-looking scimitars ornately wrought of a mix of obsidian and gold. Carved into the stone and inlaid in pure gold are many scenes relating to Greek mythology, the central theme usually revolving around the supremity of the Gods and the ultimate power of the Fates. A nasty set of weapons, the Shears of Atropos drain and absorb the electric energy that animates all mortal creatures, essentially siphoning the very life out of its victims and storing up the energy for use in devastating lightning skills. Supposed to have been given to him by Atropos herself, the Sister of Fate who cuts the thread of each mortal's existance and so is responsible for every death.

Extra Abilities: The Shears of Atropos grant Thaltos the ability to use the electric energy stored within them for many different purposes, about whatever he can think of. If the blades have enough energy, he can actually charge up a controlled electromagnetic field that allows him to move the weapons as if through telekinesis, but this consumes a considerable amount of energy. The weapons have a bond to him as well, so if they are out of his reach he can still expend their energy to call them to him through this "electrotelekinesis," although he would not be able to release their energies in any other way. Also, being the son of Zeus and a Gorgon, he does have a few innate powers. He has Olympian speed, stamina, and strength. He is mortal, but he's about the toughest mortal you're going to come across. As well, the most vital thing he gained from his mother is a much weaker version of the Gorgon Stare, which at its fullest power could turn any target to stone. His version is very much diluted, to the point where upon making eye contact with an enemy he can cause a form of paralysis. If the Shears of Atropos are sufficiently charged, he can subvert a substantial portion of their energy to enhance his natural ability and project a short-lived version of the classic Gorgon Stare beam that can turn living matter to stone on contact. Note, stoned flesh cannot be drained of life by the Shears, since it no longer conducts the electricity.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
OOC: Well, I guess we could start for now, others can join in whenever.

BoT

Another bristling hot summer day, another four hours of training. Torque Dragonis III was practicing his blade skills in the backyard of the Dragonis Manor. The building was huge, brought back from the rubble it once was four generations ago. He smiled faintly at how much it had improved judging on how the sketches looked in the family's history books. The tragedy of the Dragonis Manor Fire a hundred years ago was a terrible blow to his great-great grandfather, Isaac and his son Torque II. Isaac had lost his wife in that fire, killed by a fallen girder.
In the history books, it was said that Isaac had went on a suicide mission after that, and was killed in a foolhardy strike on enemy territory and the land of Bern had lost their Wyvern Lord. Torque II had to live as a fugitive for a few years until he finally married and had his own son, Devis. Devis, the womanizer, settled down in his mid thirties and had his son, Edward "The Tank" Dragonis. Edward had adopted a daughter and then had his own son, Khel (Torque III's father).
Torque was proud of his father, having rebuilt the family manor with his own hands as well as his wife's. When the building was half finished, Torque III was born along with his twin brother, Gai III.
Torque frowned at the memory of one of the three family curses; If a Dragonis begets more than one child from one spouse, they will be twins, one will eventually kill the other for there can only be one successor to the family blade. it said. Torque didn't want to fight his brother, Gai. He and Gai have been close all of these years but now...Gai has changed.
His frown deepened as he recalled how his brother became jelous that Khel wanted Torque to have the sword, Deathscream. Gai stormed off, leaving the Manor behind. He had not seen his twin since.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
OOC: I'm not exactly sure how you want me to join in on this...I tailored my character well enough to be "quest-friendly," but I'm not seeing a clear path here. What exactly do you want me to do?

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What's the storyline here? What are your band of adventurers supposed to actually do?

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar emerges from the blaze of a burning building.
He sees a man in white armor rush at him in the corner of his eye.
Flametounge materializes in his palms, he lifts the great blade and cuts the stupid man diagonally. The man falls to his knees, still alive.
Balthizar then decapitates the man, and as the body falls to the ground, Balthizar steals the man's soul. He then sends the soul to his dark lord, keeping a little power for himself.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
OOC: Eee...forgot a plotline. Let's say the antagonist is Balthizar (since he's evil to begin with) and those who fight for right will head to fight Balthizar, preventing him from further destroying the country. Later on, the antagonist would be Torque's twin.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Anyone ever notice how much JKar always goes overboard?

Name: Argus d'Arras
Height: 7'2
Weight: 422
Description: Big barbarian type, long brown hair, huge muscles, scars all over his body.
Personality: Super edgy and always wants to jump straight into combat. Kind of a moron. He's seen his share of battles, so he knows what he's doing in combat.
Weapon: Hugeass axe. No name, no special properties. Just a big 2handed axe that will slice your ****ing head off.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Anyone ever notice how much JKar always goes overboard?

Name: Argus d'Arras
Height: 7'2
Weight: 422
Description: Big barbarian type, long brown hair, huge muscles, scars all over his body.
Personality: Super edgy and always wants to jump straight into combat. Kind of a moron. He's seen his share of battles, so he knows what he's doing in combat.
Weapon: Hugeass axe. No name, no special properties. Just a big 2handed axe that will slice your ****ing head off.
((Nice, simplicity owns.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
OOC: Uhh, this dude isn't overboard. He's Kratos with my own twist on him. He's vastly underpowered compared to the other guys, and especially compared to my usuals. Thaltos has deadly scimitars, a healthy smattering of energy-dependant brontomancy, and he's a brute. Oh yeah, and by using up a massive amount of his stored energy he can stone someone. Would you prefer I had a demonic god, or a cryo-pyro-obscuromantic fallen angel again?

I play RPs so I can do stuff that's interesting. Thaltos is just a fun assassin-type character.

BoT:

Thaltos bowed before a statue of Zeus, touching his forehead to the floor. The statue animated, and the great lord of Olympus's voice rolled out like the thunder that symbolized his power.

"Thaltos, my son...there exists a new threat in your world. A man possessed by a great demon has taken it upon himself to go on a murderous rampage in the name of his infernal master. This cannot be allowed to transpire. Go and fulfill your destiny by bringing this man, Balthizar, to meet his own."

As the statue's visage froze back into smooth, motionless marble, Thaltos rose to his knees and muttered an oath of loyalty to the gods.

Standing up and taking the Shears of Atropos from their niches on a nearby altar, he exited his resting place between tasks, a temple high on a remote mountain pillar of rock. Reaching up over his shoulder to lay the blades of the deadly scimitars against his back, where they used the electric field of his own body to stay in place, Thaltos began his descent along the winding stairs leading to the mountain's base.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'd prefer you take the route of someone that isn't superpowered or has any supergodlikeabilities. Makes things much more lame when you can ALWAYS just go "LOL WELL HE TAPS EVEN FURTHER INTO HIS ENERGY AND KILLS BLAH BLAH BLAH".

I retract my character, on the grounds that JKar ruins every RP. Ever.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
OOC: I like how you pigeonhole everything I do. Did it ever occur to you that I actually had a mathematical system worked out for this whole thing? Such as how many units of energy each kill would grant me, versus how many units each various type of attack would require? It takes a lot of kills to power his bigger attacks, he's mostly enhanced melee.

Besides, Vox's characters use some of the heaviest shit I've ever seen (their blades devour souls), and Balthizar is a ****ing firedemon-possessed pyromaniac. I think Thaltos is if anything a little weak for this RP.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
lol ok guy time to put another character in then for me!

Name: Alexander Luthor
Height: Varies
Weight: Varies
Description: He has no true form (to the naked eye, at least. His true form would obliterate any objects brain with just the thought).
Personality: He's a dick. Straight up.
Weapon: He needs no weapon, other than his plasma nuclear powered fists.
Powers: He has the ability to freeze time, most across the galaxy in the blink of an eye (read galactic teleportation), heal himself from just 1 cell, and completely null any persons brain at will. This allows him to, effectivly, destory the powers that other characters have.

Alexander appears in a flash behind Thaltos, and before he knows it, Thaltos is lying on the ground, in a pool of his own blood. In the instant it took Thaltos to hit the ground, Alexander senses Balth and moves to him. He locks his mind, opens his eyes, and unleashes upon him his true form. Balth has no other option than to look into the mass that is Alexander, and, due to his sheer nature, Balth's brain is destoryed.

OOC: Well, fixed that little problem, now didn't I?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*loud Klaxon sounds in SouLeSS's ear*

Godmoding, instaban.

It seems that you have a record of actually ruining these RPs by harassing my characters with your bullshit godmoding, much more than I do with my slightly overpowered yet legitimately played characters.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
That isn't godmoding, that's having abilities that are far surpassing yours.

Are you trying to say that if someone like Daredevil went up against a fully powered unleashed hold-nothing-back Thanos that Thanos would be "godmoding"? No. Daredevil is just horribly outclassed. Not to mention that the CREATOR OF THE THREAD has just some NORMAL HUMAN CHARACTER with an iffy sword that makes him a little insane. No super human godly powers or anything.

Seriously, you need to l2****ing rp.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
That isn't godmoding, that's having abilities that are far surpassing yours.

Are you trying to say that if someone like Daredevil went up against a fully powered unleashed hold-nothing-back Thanos that Thanos would be "godmoding"? No. Daredevil is just horribly outclassed. Not to mention that the CREATOR OF THE THREAD has just some NORMAL HUMAN CHARACTER with an iffy sword that makes him a little insane. No super human godly powers or anything.

Seriously, you need to l2****ing rp.
No, having a "omg I kill everything in one post nomatter what" character IS godmoding, so stop the bullshit.

And yeah, the creator of the thread's character has a lot more than you think, bud. I believe this is the same guy who pretty much played four ubercharacters all at once in a single RP...I know how this family works. This guy is likely pretty damn uber, and Thaltos is not.

Even fully charged and unleashed, Thaltos is not a god. He's not going to be teleporting around breaking people's minds or destroying them with a thought. He'll be a whirling terror of blades and lightning, but not a goddamn Subdeity.

And superhuman godly powers? Wtf?

Thaltos has natural durability and speed.
Thaltos has a watered down Gorgon Stare that can be stepped up at a great sacrifice to his other abilities. We're talking a couple seconds of beamtime from a completely full charge, which takes a LOT of energy.
Thaltos has lightning abilities dependant on how much energy is stored in his blades, which depends on how many enemies he's managed to kill through a slow process.

Thaltos doesn't just go "slash ur ded i get ur powerz, STONESTARE THUNDERBOLT, slash ur ded i get ur powerz." If he doesn't stick the blades in you for at least a few seconds, and fully drain your life energy, he doesn't get much from simple cutting...and it takes a significant amount of energy to do ANYTHING...he's a brawler with the occasional bonus of added power in a tight spot.

Not only that, but he's completely mortal. Tough, yes...but mortal.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
And that's exactly why he just got killed.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm afraid not, buddy lad me bucko.

Such blatant godmoding is to be considered irrelevant, and ignored. It has no effect on the flow of the RP, although your bullcrap has officially killed it. Nice going.

You know, you always keep telling me l2rp, but the only things I have ever seen from YOU are spazzo godshits that you desperately try to legitimize. You're not fooling anyone. First Mxy's little rampage, now this eh? I humored you with Mxy, but this crap is just too much.

Learn to RP.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((Balthizar is not possesed, he is just ****ing crazy, he was granted these powers by his master.))

((And SoLuSS, **** off. Boo hoo, you didn't get your way. So ****ing what? It's the goddamn internet. Idk if this is used correctly, but QQ carebear?))