The American Empire

GlockHolliday

Reaction score
US military was most powerful during the Reagan administration and weakest(takeing into consideration the technology/date relation) during Clinton's administration. It was proved that during clinton administration the US could not fight two regional conflicts at once. in essence, we could not fight a small country in the mideast and defend america without losing one or the other.

the military is MUCH stronger now but still not quite as strong as it was.

In school we learned of the three major mistakes Hitler made. I only remember two and that was declaring war on the US and invading Russia. Russian WWII has some cool history though, has anybody ever seen the movie "Enemy at the Gates"

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I seen that movie its cool, really shows how things were, exept less brutal.

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Otmorosok
I dont have to believe it because its a fact, its true. SU-37 for example. Or that gun that has no backdarft but bunch of fire power. Our tanks and helecopters and cannons are just as good as yours.

And about you not saying US rocks, there is a thing called generalization. You still talk about US superiority, and introduce rediculus ideas like US being able to conquer the world. Fight a superpower first, then talk about it. Iraq doesnt even supposed to count, its a small weak country, anyone could invade it, but no one really cared about it.
We have fought super powers.......... #1 being Japan in ww2 we basicly back handed them for their attack on pearl harbor Yamamoto even said this "I fear we have awoke a sleeping giant"

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, that was back then, things change. The whole concept of war is different, something like what Yamamoto said about USwas said about Russia, by German general who designed Barbrossa.

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
Silly people, The war would be a very quick war. It would involve 0 troops/tanks/fighters. The war would hing on who could shoot the most nukes the fastest. If this kind of war was ever to start the world would end. One country would fire its nukes at us (or the other way around) and our (their) radar would pick up the missile. the country who was fired at would then fire back and launch anti-air missles to destroy the nuke headed their way. This attempt would most likley be a success but it would not be able to stop all the nukes in the entire world. then the war would escalate over politics and then the human would end.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That was what i was about to say, exept no one wants to die, so nations are gonna first try to fight it out phisically.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Well, that was back then, things change. The whole concept of war is different, something like what Yamamoto said about USwas said about Russia, by German general who designed Barbrossa.
how has it changed?

wasnt barbrossa the code name to attack Russia? correct me if im wrong.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It was, i read somethere that one of the generals who fought of it, looked at the map of Russia and simply said: "We cant do it. If we come to them with a sword, we shall be crushed." Thats summarization, he said a whole bunch of more stuff.

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
Are you blind? Do the terms Jet engine, Nukes, Laser guided missles, Aircraft carriers and many other technological advances.

War has changed a huge amount even since world war 2.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jiggy
Are you blind? Do the terms Jet engine, Nukes, Laser guided missles, Aircraft carriers and many other technological advances.

War has changed a huge amount even since world war 2.

not very much at all........ id say the only thing that has come to change is missles

but the concept of war is still send in air to bomb then send in troops and tanks to clean up. just like germany did with their famous blitzgree

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
The stratigie has changed little but the means of accomplishing your stratigie has evolved greatly.

ex: in order to make a preemptive air strike you also need to watch out for SAM sites because if you dont even the best pilot in the world may end up going down in flames.

Also with the next generation of warfare most likely going to be mainly urban, things will change from large scale assaults to special op insertions to because in this type or warfare iot would almost be your advantage to have fewer men in an area.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know more then you think, you still need the army to invade the cities and bases, because objective of war is to conquer a nation not wipe out any human being belonging to it. Besides, once again there are many nations who have a capability to send a rocket from one hemesphere to another and to make sure that that rocket will hit one spot of land at the approximate time. Russia is one of them. So you see you not powerful enough to take on the world, and a war with a super power no matter the outcome will be resource draining and the amount of casualties wouldnt be few hundred like in Iraq, it will count in tens of thousands, maybe millions.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jiggy
Its funny cause everyone here has guns.

except me.

illegal??? or what?

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
No there legal but not everywhere does everyother house on a street have a gun somewhere in the house.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
yea..... hell iv got a gun to spare want it??? lol jp

hm we have maybe a total of 10 fire arms in this house

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
Damn are you serious? That is messed up my friend. All I have is a paintball gun and its crapy at that.

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
US isnt that powerful they only good against excuse for nations like Iraq. If they meet a super power, UK, France,Russia,China, they are in for a long war, and probably gonna loose, they dont have the guts. So basically if they go 1 on 1 against any of superpowers they gonna have a good chance of loosing. Canada doesnt have a lot of resources, what you talking about?
Man waht the **** are you talking about? Learn some stuff before you start speaking.

First of all we have a fair amount of oil in the north, along with numerous diamond mines. Secondly we have a two great areas for fishing on the east and west coast. Our country is vast with a small population meaning we have thousands of kilometers of land that can be cultivated(last time i checked agriculture was a ressource) and then there are our forests.

During a time of war american would beable to sustain itself, but how would the rest of the world fair? since we would get our asses handed to us, or join america, the world would loose all of our exports, how would they honestly fair?

I know more then you think, you still need the army to invade the cities and bases, because objective of war is to conquer a nation not wipe out any human being belonging to it. Besides, once again there are many nations who have a capability to send a rocket from one hemesphere to another and to make sure that that rocket will hit one spot of land at the approximate time. Russia is one of them. So you see you not powerful enough to take on the world, and a war with a super power no matter the outcome will be resource draining and the amount of casualties wouldnt be few hundred like in Iraq, it will count in tens of thousands, maybe millions.
Well if the americans played it right, they would beable to outlast everyone and take the world on slowly. Aswell they would have norad for defense, which last time i checked stood for North American Air Defense so which sorta implys anti aircraft anti missle defences.

You just dont have enough people to carry guns
Well since most of the war would be bombing and covert operations to take out things like political and military targets, i don't see how needing people to carry guns is necessary. If an invasion ever began on the us, then they would lose, but since they would most likely never bother to invade anyone else, or atleast not immediately, infantry numbers would not play that vital a role.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We dont really need your exports, you dont have neither most gold, diamonds, oil, wood, or fish. You do however make a lot of grain, but all that can be supstituted. You however to maintain a population of 296 million people gonna need all the oil, gold, diamonds and wood you can get, thats not mentioning Uranium, Steel and other shit most of which today you get from South america. GEt this right now, you not that important, if you are destroyed then world will jsut find somethere else to import their products. Most oil is provided to Europe and Eastern Asia by Russia, so its good to us we gonna have more costumers, you dont have a lot of oil in your land, and your stockpile will not last very long, gas will probably be like 30 bucks per gallon, and you would have smaller income, because a lot of companies which are in america are owned by foreign investors, so no more mitsubishi, no more honda, no more Panasonic, no more engines, no more bunch of other stuff. Arent you Canadian?