Sword of Shannara RPG

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
In a land far away in the distant future... The world of Man was the Dominant race. but humanity was extinguished by a meteor striking the earth. humanity was thought to be destroyed until a few survivors arose from the ashes. they mutated into Man, Dwarf, Gnome, and Troll. During this mutation, the Elves; returned from their long iscolation from the earth and where the dominant race once again. Some humans went to the forests in the north and then became Druids. they studied the history of the Earth and the old Race of man. but one druid; Brona, was tempted by the great powers of Dark magic and abused his Druidic powers to use Dark magic. he sought to rule the world with an army of men. Thus began the First War of the Races. The dark Druid Brona was defeated and retreated to the mountains north of the Druid keep Paranor. 200 years later, Brona returned no longer as a mortal man but as a Shade named the Skull King. HE gathered an army of Gnomes and Trolls to defeat the Druids. He herded the Druids into Paranor and Slew them 1 by 1. He killed all but 1: Breman. Breman Forged the Sword of Shannara and gave it to the Elven King Jerle Shannara. Jerle used the sword to send the Skull King back to hell. Brona was thought dead but he still lingered within the Skull Mountain. Thus ended the Second War of the Races. When Bremen Died, his son Allanon was the last of the Druids and Allanon studied the mistakes his father made and made it his obsession to not make the same mistakes as his father. for the Sword of Shannara had killed Jerle Shannara via its secret power... Now Allanon has assembled a group. a group of brave men/women who will retrieve the sword 500 years later. for Brona still lives and the only one to stop him is young Shea Omshford: last of the Shannara bloodline. Good luck heroes!

Woah my longest history ever. anyway here are the reaces and their individual classes

Human: ranger, prince, slayer, mage, highlander.
Elf: hunter, ranger, fighter, archer, longbowman
Dwarf: fighter, warrior, hunter, warlord

Gnome: shaman, warrior, soldier, assassin, theif
Troll: Rock Troll, Fire Troll, Water Troll, Wind Troll
Skull Bearer: Skull Bearer.

each class has their own properties and abilities.now for the rules

1:You may party up or go solo
2: You may make side quests but the priority is getting the Sword
3: protect Shea at all costs
4: if you feeling nice, save Shea's step brother Flick Omshford as well
5: Allanon MUST survive
6: be creative and have fun!

I shall play as 5 charicters.

Name: Shea Omshford (Shannara)
Race: Half-Elf
Weapon: dagger
Abilities: valor

Name: Allanon
Race: Human Druid
Weapon: Dark Magic
Abilities: Dark Magic spells

Name: Balinor Buckhanna
Race: Human Prince of Callahorn
Weapon: broadsword
Abilities: leadership

Name: Menion Leah
Race: Human Prince of Leah
Weapon: Sword of Leah/Ash Bow
Abilities: Expert Archer, Prince, Highlander

Name: Flick Omshford
Race: Elf
Weapon: Dagger
Abilities: tree climber, valor, Flee

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
OOT: wow someone made their characters a bit too much like the book! :wavey

BOT:

Ok..

Name: Zane Lonnor
sex:Male
Race:Elven warrior
weapon: Sword
abilities: Long arm, fights farther away from body

uh, ur story sage, start it

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Well i love the book so much i used my 5 favorite charicters from it.

In the town of Cullhaven, the group was about to be formed. Allanon called a meeting with the 5 other brave souls that volenteered to go on this quest.

Allanon: we must leave at dawn. Time is precious for the Skull King will know of our presence if we do not move swiftly.

Zane: If i may intrude, we will need an archer for hunting for food.

Menion: I am the archer *strokes his Ash bow*

Zane: alright... we need a guide...

Allanon: I know this land very well elf. I am the guide.

Shea: umm...Allanon, what can I do?

Allanon: your time will come young Shea... you will be of upmost importance.

Flick: well, I wasn't supposed to be here anyway but I am sticking with my brother no matter what.

Balinor: I think we should get some rest. dawn will approach quickly and we will be tired from our journey here.

Allanon: *sigh* agreed. goodnight!

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
aight I am in, lets see we got two people.

Name: Ryan
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Abilities:Ice Storm, replenish, water aura

Name: Kordin
Race: Dwarf
Class: Warrior/Hunter
Abilities: None

OOC: so what do I do, am I in my own party, eventually going to meet up with you?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Me in.
Name:Xlfga
race:elf
class:king
weight:153
height:6'11
parentson Thorn and Xelfga
Resistances:Immune to ice
Neatural:thunder
weaknesses:vulnerable to fire

weapons

primary: wf bow with arrows
Secondary: spear/javalin
Third:Twin swords that have been passed down. Great mystical power is held in these.

skills

accuracy piont: can shoot at top accuracy
Multi shot:Can shoot up to 3 arrows at 1 time.
Frozen Darts:Summons extremly sharp ice cyrstals
Java ice:Shoots a ice cysrtal on a enemy and spliting on i pact between enimies
Sword skill: For a litimed time he can use varouis combs of great strenght

amor

A standard hard breast plate

history

Xlfga comes from a long line of kings. He is heir to his father's (Torn)throne. Swarn to protect his kingdom he is noble, brave and kind-hearted.

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
OOC: Fish, you can do what you please. you may want to join up with the main host, you may want to go on your own quests. you may want to do both

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Well alright then.

*In Cullhaven to longtime friends are finally packed for a journey of age. They have no idea what is in store for them but are ready to tackle it head on*

Ryan: Are you ready yet Kordin? YOu cant have that much to pack!

Kordin: Patience is a virtue my old friend. You will not regret waiting for me.

Ryan: Yeah I know, but you are taking forever. What could possibly be taking so long. Come on you can tell me, nosecrets between best buds right?

Kordin: Trust me, yo udont want to know what I have in here until you are ready.

*Ryan and Kordin head off. They soon leave the town when they see a group of travelers. They pick up their pace ot catch up with them.*

Ryan: hello sir. we are Ryan and Kordin. And you are...

Shea: I am Shea, these are my friends and fellow companions. I wont realize there names. They will tell you when they feel the can.

Ryan: So, where are you off to, we have just set off on a journey and are looking for something to do. If you have any sugge...

Shea: Well If you are looking for advice, I can reccomend a dungeon about 16 miles Northwest of here. although I am always looking for allies and If you would like I feel as that you can join us.

Ryan: Well...

Kordin: That would be great. We could use someone other than each other to be with.

Shea: Very Well. YOu may come along with us although you may not release this information I am about to tell you. If We feel at anytime that we cant trust you, we wont hesitate to kill you.

Ryan: Well ok.

Shea: Verywell then...

*Shea starts a long story about what has happened and what they are set of to do.*

OOC: I didnt want to explain that all so^^

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
Name: Nayn
Race: namuh
Class:egam
Abilities:Ice Storm, replenish, water aura

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
OOC: for 1 thing, in the book, Allanon is the story teller and Shea keeps quiet most of the time. but ye who posted it boasted it so ill hafta build off ur actions.

Allanon: so, what are a human and a dwarf doing out in the wilderness?

*Ryan looks around the campfire and sees Balinor*

Ryan: your highness! why do you travel with this Evil mystic Allanon?

Balinor: he is not evil! I donot know what my brother has told you people back home in Tyrias but he is not evil.

Kordin: at any rate, we still cannot trust the mystic. he could be dangerous.

Balinor: propostrous! Allanon has ever been my friend and teacher.

Ryan: but why did you leave Callahorn my leige? it is your birthright to rule all of Callahorn and its Kingdoms.

Balinor: I want to see adventure. *rubs the scar on his cheeck looking depressed*

Kordin: bah, we cannot control the prince Ryan.

Reaction score
Website
LIEK.WTF.HAPPEN.TO.DIS.SITE.COM
OOC: Damn I thought this would be sweet.. Then well the characters arent so good.. Ill see how this go's and also, what book is this from?

Name: Evicised Devorpmi
Class: Hunter
Weapon: Fist/Hunting Knife
Abilities/Skills
Regeneration - Slowly heals wounds on body.
Enlighten - Can bring trees/bushes/plants/nature to life and help fight the enemy.
Appearance: Like the Zora's in Zelda 64: Ocarina Of Time, but skin is green, has sharp eyes and sharp ears. Can ear from far and greenish/blue hair, pretty much the face is sharp and pointy.
Habitat: High up in the trees, mostly in forests' where there is not many enemies to be aware of.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
[color=#64000]OOC: oh, sorry about that

BOT:
* The rather large party travels for sometime not seeing anything and Ryan is getting inpatient.

Ryan: Gahh! When are we gonna see some action. I didnt leave my home to just walk.

Kordin: Ryan, be qui...

Allanon: No, let him speak I have no problems with it. Although, Ryan, if you feel that you dont want to travel with us you may go off on your own. As long as you keep what we have told you secret.

Ryan: All right, I'll see you later *runs about ten paces* wait, where are you traveling in case I want to meet up with you later.

Allanon: we are heading to [insert location here]. you may rejoin with us later if you want.

Ryan: Allright, see you later. Kordin lets go.

Kordin: Ryan, I dont want to leave these people, they can really help us.

Ryan: Wha... Fine, Ill go off on my own. See you later Allanon, Shea, Balinor, Melinon, and Flick.

*Ryan runs off into the horizon, while Kordin goes into a depressed state and starts to trail behind the others for awhile.*[/color]

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
ooc: its Menion.... btw

BOT:
Kordin: Wait! Ryan! grr he's gone. stubborn mortal...

Allanon: We must press on to the Pass of Noose. and then throught the Pass of Jade unto we reach the valley of Shale.

Flick: I dont like this Shea. We cant trust this Druid can we?

Shea: hes helped us so far. I think that we can find the Sword with Allanon's help.

Flick: what about the Elfstones?

OOC: to answer ur question Fino, this is from the Shannara series by Terry Brooks. he wrote 3 different series of Shannara books. Series 1 is what im reading: Sword of Shannara, Elfstones of Shannara and Wishsong of Shannara. series 2 is the Heratige series but i donot know the book names. series three is the Voyage of Jerle Shannara. wooo lots of Shannaras :S. srry if i connfused you as well as i confused meself.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
*Ryan has run far into the woods, you can see tears runnning down his face and hitting the ground with a soft splash, suddenly he stops and completely collapses. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. Ryan quickly gets up and draws his staff ready for anything. Suddenly a tall golem emerges with two broken trees flying passed Ryan. Splinters were magically curving around Ryan avoiding him, as long as he is holding his staff. The Golem charges Ryan and Ryan easily avoids its first charge as the Golem stumbles past. Ryan yells out an incantation*
Ryan: Lastor Icid Kandin!
*a small cyclone emerges out of the gem at the top of his staff. the cyclone slowly creeps towards the golem. The Golem setting up for another charge rushes towards Ryan, but gets it foot caught in the cyclone freezing it. THUD! the golems foot drops like a rock. Ryan now rushes forward and jabs his staff into the neck of the Golem and through the head. The golem bursts open and explodes water all over everything including Ryan. A wave picks up Ryan and through his mind Ryan can seem to control it. It seems Ryan has possesed a new move which increases his speed.*

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Time for a custom char

Name: Doubok
Race: Human Mage
Weapon: Silver Staff of the Heavens
Abilities: Doubok shade, Water/Fire/Earth/Wind Elemenal, Rapid, Dark Fire Blast.

Name: Drake
Race: Human/Dragon
Weapon: Samurai Sword but can also use 2 handed swords.
Abilities: Semi-Dragon Form, Half Dragon Form, Dragon Form, Buster Swing, Leadership, Summon Bahumut.

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
ooc: sure ya can use drake. im not much of a mage fan myself.

BOT:
Allanon: we must move on. forget Ryan

Menion: lets move north to the Silver river.

Flick: lousy druid...

Reaction score
Website
LIEK.WTF.HAPPEN.TO.DIS.SITE.COM
OOC:.. So.. does my "custom" character have to follow you and do everything you do..? Or.. Lol.. Otherwise then..
BOT:
*Meanwhile nearby, Evicised is lurking closely, yet un-noticed, climibing high in the trees she spys on the group. As the group keeps on walking, and talking, Evicised still spys.. Then a sudden movement by accident in the tree makes the leaves shatter and a rustle of leaves is heard. The group quickly turns around and looks around, while drawing their weapons they search for any sign of life or movement or enemies.*

SageofShadow

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
more of the book charicters

Name: Durin Ellesidel
Class: Archer
Weapon: short sword/ash bow
Abilities: Precise aim, Brotherhood

Name: Dale Ellesidel
Class: Archer
Weapon: ash bow/dagger
Abilities: Begginer archer, Brotherhood

Name: Hendel
Race: Dwarf
Class: Hunter
Weapon: Mace
Abilities: Tracker, Hunter, Seasoned, Strength

Name: Shirl Ravenlock
Race: Human
Class: Maiden Princess
Weapon: none
Abilities: Menion's love interest, Heal, Heal other, Heal Party

ooc: i think these are all thats left of the original charicters :S wow thats a lot of typing

pyro_junky

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok i will join using me

Name: Pyro (real name Joe Marion)
Race: human
Class: Pyro
Appearance: (ok this is what I really look like burns and all, btw the cloths I wear in this description is my school uniform) Brown hair brownish eyes a nasty burn on my right arm from a nasty fire accident. Wight shirt navy blue pants and gray under shirt. About 6 feet tall.
Weapons: Sword, flair gun, roman candle(uses flair gun and romen candle as a fun way to kill enemies.)
Abilities: can shoot fire balls out of his hands.
personality: (ok read this part study it know it if you mess me up i will cut off your head fill it with gasoline and flick a match into it!) I am not someone who plans for my futer. i do everything for the moment and give a rats ass about next week or how i will be afected by the things i do. dont take shit from nobody. do immuter things. slid down mud hills on trash can lids for exsample. (i did do that befor) im also reckles and put my life on the line for a little fun every now and then.
Story: was always fascinated with fire ever since just a little kid. goes to junk yard sometimes to blow things up. Almost burn my house down weekly. Favorit thing in the world is a roman candle.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ooc: Why make an RP of a book that was terrible? It's a complete rip off of LOTR, except instead of a ring, it's a sword.