Stupidest Strategies Ever

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
What is the worst strategy you have ever seen someone else use?
What is the worst strategy you have ever used yourself?
What do you think are the worst mistakes other races can make?

Worst one I ever saw was a Terran who massed marines, and then sent wave after wave of them at me.. with a choke point infront of my base that I had filled with lurkers. He never thought of making a SV the entire time, and never made anything but marines. After a while he tried making dropships and dropping them, but he had given me so much free time I had made a wall of spores inside my base, 3 thick. His dropships got to see them before they died I suppose :p He ended up leaving when I moved the lurkers to his choke point and started pushing in.

My worst strategy ever.. Mutas vs BCs. Omfg that turned out bad. Very bad. I had like 200 supply mutas against like 12 BCs and I don't think I managed to kill half of them before they died. It was horrible :p Devourers firsts, scourges second, that's def the way to go.

One of the worst Terran mistakes I know of is not getting detectors. A lot of newbs do it, they never get turrets or SVs. It's rather sad when you're protoss, you can just ally them, mass DTs, flood their base with them, and unally them. I've done that more than once as Protoss when I used to play them. You can usually destroy everything before they can lift off, and anything that does lift is burning, so you just stay under them until it dies.

Of Zerg mistakes, I'd say only having one hatchery is a pretty bad one. Not too much you can do with a production rate like that. Also, not making expansions. If you're Zerg and aren't expanding before Terran or Protoss, you have serious macro problems.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
uhh..
I massed mutas and guardians against my bro who happened to have 5 valks, they all got slaughtered.. because I was busy controlling lings... who also got slaughtered by wrath and tanks.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ArtOfProtoss said:
Anything with queens.

The stupidests strats I've ever pulled have been bad reaver rushes I think.
I thought queen's broodlings would annoy the shit out of terran... those tanks =) and ensare, meh, dunno,

but I gues defiler would be mucho better than those tanks...

Zerglite

Reaction score
any strat i use, none in particular

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NtRik_ said:
I thought queen's broodlings would annoy the shit out of terran... those tanks =) and ensare, meh, dunno,

but I gues defiler would be mucho better than those tanks...
People never think of the gas. You need every bit of gas TVZ for lurkers/mutas, then eventually ultra/scourge/guards/devos whatever. You just don't have the gas to spare. Zerg is sucking on fumes already TVZ.

Plus, the main attacker TVZ is marines. Using queens to snipe tanks would be difficult with ranged marines charging at you.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Building plenty of 1 marine bunkers all around your opponets base, in the outer paramiter. When he goes to expand, he would be like, ''How the hell? Thats a lot of bunkers!'' and it may intimidate him. I've seen someone do it, and it really scared me because I thought they were all full of marines. Heh.

White Noise

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darkmatter said:
Building plenty of 1 marine bunkers all around your opponets base, in the outer paramiter. When he goes to expand, he would be like, ''How the hell? Thats a lot of bunkers!'' and it may intimidate him. I've seen someone do it, and it really scared me because I thought they were all full of marines. Heh.

er... :susp

most of my strategys are pretty horrid, actually. but there was one game i played where i had the entire map, TvT, and i had a shitload of stanks... but then i didn't know what to do... so I just got a bunch of battlecruisers. n00b-ish indeed... I felt so ashamed.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hehe. My little bro also used to wall in with cannons and threaten repeatedly to drop hack people when he had no such thing. It was funny because somehow they seemed to know so they just laughed at him.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
White Noise said:
er... :susp

most of my strategys are pretty horrid, actually. but there was one game i played where i had the entire map, TvT, and i had a shitload of stanks... but then i didn't know what to do... so I just got a bunch of battlecruisers. n00b-ish indeed... I felt so ashamed.
That was a pretty stupid strategy, wasn't it? I also seen a guy build missle turrents all over the map, like a crazy lunatic. Funny indeed.

Boren

Reaction score
That was a pretty stupid strategy, wasn't it? I also seen a guy build missle turrents all over the map, like a crazy lunatic. Funny indeed.
The players who do that are observers....

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site

i think Zerglite might remember this-
i took SC to his house for the first time, and played BNet for the first time at his house and i was like "man, i am awesome with humans, man. watch me win in no time at all''
i had 6 scv's, cc, 1 barrack, 2 other scv's at an extractor, and 2 supply depotes, and 6 marines. i go 'ok, imma go scout now. i should be ok"

... but i was wrong...

i step off (it was lost temple) the ramp and as soon as i did, about 10-15 hydras and 10 zergling slaughter me :(

Boren said:
The players who do that are observers....
no-observers can see the whole map with no units at all. he wasnt an observer

Zerglite

Reaction score
Pains Requiem said:

i think Zerglite might remember this-
i took SC to his house for the first time, and played BNet for the first time at his house and i was like "man, i am awesome with humans, man. watch me win in no time at all''
i had 6 scv's, cc, 1 barrack, 2 other scv's at an extractor, and 2 supply depotes, and 6 marines. i go 'ok, imma go scout now. i should be ok"

... but i was wrong...

i step off (it was lost temple) the ramp and as soon as i did, about 10-15 hydras and 10 zergling slaughter me :(

no-observers can see the whole map with no units at all. he wasnt an observer

remember when i tried first time?

i had like 3 tanks.. 15 rines, 2 barracks, 1 factory

and i was like... damn im good

untill the guy swarmed me with 150+ hydras and then allie vis'ed me and i saw his 30 hatches

so sad

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
building only nexus or cc cuz it gives more supplies.

i only do that in 7-1 comp on UMS that game rules :D

what's my worst strat, only making 10 units to go fight.

4 zealots 4 goons 2 archons and 2 carriers. very very noobie days

MasterLardo

Member!
Reaction score
This guy tried massing marines and apparently did not notice them all blown to bits by my tank wall. That was funny

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
That's pretty good to say the least. I might try that, although if it was a money map. Otherwise to waste minerals like that, lol. Well, who knows.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I played with a total noob one time, and i asked him what his strat was-
it was a fastest map possible, and he decided to go all DEFILERS....
he had about 8-12 Mutas to prtect from air, lots of sunken and spore, and that was his defense. He said "if their buildings go BOOM, we win, right?"
well, he was right part of the way. he would spend like 500 resources at a time trying to rebuild his sunken and spores, and when he 'attacked' he would send all his defilers at once, like the 'mass here buttons' on Golem wars, and they would would slaguhtered until about maybe 10 of his first 30 were dead, and then burrow, and would send one at a time to scout the base and then plague. heres whats stupid-
our opponent would scan him,and have about 3 science vessels there, and would irradiate them, and he would not move them, he would send them one at a time until they got to where the rest were, and THEN burrow

then the other team got some DT and started beating the crap out of him, and tis is what the guy said:
watch this.

he sent in his 10 mutas to go help.

after that, 40-50 scouts ran into his base along with an arbier and teleported a army of zealots.

SO then it was 2v1, so i was left with the option of either: taking on 3 bases, and lose, or just leave....

*i should've just left the game. I didnt last too long afterwards. No gas :(
too many Dragoons and Arbiters.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
MrBret said:
That's pretty good to say the least. I might try that, although if it was a money map. Otherwise to waste minerals like that, lol. Well, who knows.
It's pretty neat if your opponet clutters his base and doesn't like to expand outside the main boarders of it. This way, he's clustering his buildings instead of scanning the black areas he cant see within his own base. You build your bunkers there with some Siege Tanks. Stupid but funny.