Starcraft Resolution

Jigby

Reaction score
I know that there are lots of threads like this one but still ... my SC is too stretched, is there any way how to play with black sidebars? I've read a lot of threads but none helped me, thx.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
assuming you have a wide screen, hit that auto correct button and it should make it better

Jigby

Reaction score
Ah, i don't know if you do understand me.... I wanna have the black bars on the sides so the screen won't be stretched... when you hit auto it just tries to fit it on all your screen - so it stretches the screen, anyway it doesn't change anything cause the screen is already stretched. I think I have to turn off auto stretching, yes this way I will play with bars, but it's better than the stretched ****.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
the auto fit makes it so it fits better is what im tryign to say.
if you think you can undo that then go ahead. i really see no way other then deal with it. i have a wide screen and it doesnt bother me none.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
on the side of the monitor

finch

Reaction score
hmm, my starcraft is having resolution issues also, but theyre strange. The box is about 1/2 the size of my computer screen, I can hardly read the type, and the units are so small that I cant click on them. I didnt change any of my resolution settings, it just happened one day, weird huh? ideas?

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Play with your monitor buttons, they have manual correction if auto doesnt work

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
How do you launch Starcraft? Are you using a desktop icon?

If you ever tried playing around with the shortcuts to get it into windowed mode or something, the shortcut path may have been altered.

If you're using the auto-launch menu when you insert the CD, then it's something else, possibly a setting from your video card that's causing that.

If you're using a shortcut, right-click on it, go to Properties, and look at the end of the path in the "Target" path if there's any extensions after "C:\Program Files\Starcraft\starcraft.exe"

Otherwise try reinstalling your video drivers. I'm out of ideas after that point.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I just wish they'd release a patch to make it support higher resolutions. 23 inch screens make the game ugly

finch

Reaction score
hmm good call, there was a window mode mod in my target line, as well as a no sound mod. I removed them but it didnt solve the problem. Ill mess with my settings a bit to see if i cant get it back to normal now