South Korea banned botting!

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
South Korea bans botting in online RPGs

Yeah, yeah, so it's still going to happen some, but making it illegal should at least attempt to cut down on some more of the botting in Warcraft. Now if only China would follow suit with something like that, eh?

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
I didn't know a country could control something like game botting. What are they going to do, put you in jail for it? lol

Actually wait....Korea, China....ok you know what, they just MIGHT jail you for it lol.

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly what they'll do. Considering it's such a huge thing, then yes, they can crack down on it. The maximum penalty for breaking this law will be 5 million won (approximately $4,300) and five years in jail. I have a feeling that it'd only be a punishment like this if they catch a ring or company of people doing it, or someone who has done it for years and finally got caught. So it may end up being like music piracy....people still do it a lot, but we hear of those cases where someone gets a huge fine because they did it so much.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly what they'll do. Considering it's such a huge thing, then yes, they can crack down on it. The maximum penalty for breaking this law will be 5 million won (approximately $4,300) and five years in jail. I have a feeling that it'd only be a punishment like this if they catch a ring or company of people doing it, or someone who has done it for years and finally got caught. So it may end up being like music piracy....people still do it a lot, but we hear of those cases where someone gets a huge fine because they did it so much.

That kind of sounds like the IRS and taxes. Like when people think they're getting away with not paying. Only to find out that the government was just letting the interest rise up before they decide to nab you.

Imoverthere

Member!
Reaction score
Botting is always such a huge problem in online RPGs and it also has gotten admittedly creative, like how a number of them had fly hacking and they created billboard type of messages for sites.

Still, to remain on topic, it's nice to see some progress on cutting down on botting.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Botting is always such a huge problem in online RPGs and it also has gotten admittedly creative, like how a number of them had fly hacking and they created billboard type of messages for sites.

Still, to remain on topic, it's nice to see some progress on cutting down on botting.
It'll be hard to truly cut down on it because thousands of people across the globe have found ways to both monetize and hide it.l

Nickman13

Reaction score
I don't fully understand this topic, how exactly are they going to find out if you're botting or not? It doesn't make much sense to me.