Sony now officially has purchased Gaikai

Waynefire

Reaction score
This could go one of two ways good or bad! However, I am sure it will go good because Sony is such a reputable brand and I am sure they can help bring along any company they buy. Without this, type of merger I doubt the companies would remain competitive anymore.

TNDO17

Reaction score
A smart move from Sony as they have probably noticed how big the streaming niche has become and they are trying to tap yet another market. Also they can promote they're own products and have a great addition to their gaming field.

Camkinz

Member!
Reaction score
This will be great for Sony, since it will open up the window for more opportunities in the future for them. I am a great fan of Sony.

fred87nc

Member!
Reaction score
This is great news, the days where you can just jump into a brand new game in a few minutes will come soon.
Even though having a game physically and taking off the wrapping is satisfying, once you get older you dont have the time to go and make a purchase everytime you want to play something new, this will be perfect to hop in with friends and try out new games. If its implemented correctly.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
I think this is a MASSIVE deal for the future of gaming. With Sony acquiring Gaikai it really does mean that the gaming universe is changing forever. I think the consoles after the PS4, XBOX 720 and WII U will definitely be streaming "consoles." I don't think they will even need the box and everything will move to subscriptions. Just my thought :)