Running

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I am trying to run 6 days a week now, for at least 30 minutes. I could use an accountabilibuddy. I am sure someone could spare some excess weight as well.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I basically want to create a weight loss party like some people do at work. But on the forums. Post your target weight etc and compare. I don't think I have any cool prizes though.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
Well I run everyday--almost 2 miles-- but it's not my intention to lose weight. I weight about 155 at 5'10'' so I think that's about target weight.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I dare you to lose weight.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lose weight. I run every other day or so. I do about one to four miles (a bit varied, but I go as far as my ankle can take me). Other than that, I swim a lot. Used to play basketball, but towards the end of the semester it's harder to get the gang together to go play pick-up games.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just in the last month I have gained a lot of weight, far too much fast food and beer. I attribute most of it to me not preparing food to take to campus, thus requiring me to eat far unhealthier. Going to weigh myself today and perhaps I'll get onboard with you. No running here but I'll bike and do rows

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I don't do any running, cause I have pretty terrible knees.

I do get down on a lot of hiking though, which is essentially the same thing.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea Hitsua is trying to get going here (ie sort of everyone posting on a daily basis how much they ran). Unfortunately where I live there's really not a whole lot of good places to walk or jog. I've had a personal training contract for a year or two now but I'm really on and off with it (I last worked out with my trainer in feb/march, even though I have to keep paying for it). I'm going to have to start using that again soon.

However, I'm all for participating in this, and I will participate (although it may not be a huge length I run or jog every day). I'm also all for giving rewards to people that do participate (i.e premium user, or anything else I can think of).

Great idea Hitsua.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
Are they any apps for this? I know there are apps for GPS tracking routes and runners logs, but I wonder if there's one where other people can see your results. Anyone heard of something like that?

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Will make a new thread once we get something figured out. We can just do a weight loss pool in general. I suppose running will be my method of choice but as noted there are tons of ways to do this. Let's keep bouncing some ideas around and we will figure out something cool.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm down for sure after getting out of the gym today. Perhaps simple mile markers like 3 lbs/week for 5 weeks. Everyone picks their method and group can give advice on it, each person is held accountable for if they completed their own actions with their method or not.... Hitsua stabs anyone that fails

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are they any apps for this? I know there are apps for GPS tracking routes and runners logs, but I wonder if there's one where other people can see your results. Anyone heard of something like that?
Fitocracy. Not sure if they have an app, but the site is dedicated to just that. You also get points and level-up, too. Just like a video game.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I still don't know what to do for this -- but I just got back from running. Did 2.2 miles in 30 minutes. I still need to weigh myself. I like this website http://www.runningmap.com/
because you can plot points on anything, not just roads and stuff.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I've mostly been lifting weights for the past 4 months, and neglect running. So this is definately something I'd be inerested in joining.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Once we figure out a format for this, we can make it happen. Almost our entire active userbase is interested in doing this. How about a stickied thread where each day you post the length of time and/or distance you ran for, and your current weight (weight part optional)? Is that something that would work or?

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out the thread I stuck. Will this work for everyone? Do any edits/changes need to be made?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Checking weight Daily is a silly concept, as it will consistently be in flux based on various biological systems. Usually weighings are best every week or so.