Remove the swear filter.

Remove the swear filter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Since Kinkarso is selling the forum it's going to become the age required to play the actual games we feature (Diablo 17+) and considering no matter where you go in the net or in school you've heard the words all before, so it makes no difference. Remove completely or minimize the swear filter to only censor racism.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i think we should just minimize the list rather take it all out

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
I demand the word cunt be uncensored.

Damn... :D

voted yes.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
OMG DM LYKES CAWK.

That is what you said right? ;)

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I've been pushing this for quite some time now. Way I see it:

--We're all big boys and girls. We know the words, censoring them isn't going to spare us from having our minds twisted and warped because we see the F word. If there is anybody here who legitimately does not know what I'm talking about when I say "The F Word," then you can invalidate this point.

--The games around which this site is mainly centered are mostly M-rated games. At the very least, they have mature themes and are primarily played by older individuals. I wouldn't say the players are particularly mature themselves, but the fact remains that the world isn't going to break down into anarchy if we're allowed to say ****. We can handle it.

--Censorship and prohibition never works. All it does is make people more determined to do whatever's being prohibited. In the case of swearing, it just leads to spammy-looking filter evasions cluttering up otherwise decent posts and making our site look like ****. Cleaning it up makes more work for our mods, whereas "legalizing" it has no real adverse effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.