Quest for the babe

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
(babe as in baby not hottie)
if you whould like to join please post your charicter here.
please have enoghe spare time to be envolved in the game.

as DM i will also be playing a charicter to help you guys along.
Name: VIOLENCE
Race: HUMAN
Class: unknown
Appearance: she has the ability to change her appearance twice daily at will that will last up to 3 hours.
Usually she has a 2-foot pink chelseyhawk (Mohawk with little fringes all along the front and down the back. Purple eyes, short (about 5’1) red red lips, dark eyeliner, pink eyeshadow. Slender, slightly tanned,
Clothing: tight pink plaid pants, patches all over, boots that go up to just below her knee (armor), pink laces, tight black tank top, showing zebra bra straps, studded up leather jacket (also acts as armor). A chain hangs to her side. Large forest cameo backpack. Usually wearing headphones (she says the music helps her fight) pink leopard print gloves with studs (armor) pink sparkly large round sunglasses (look very 70’s)
Abilities: PICKLOCK
MOVE SILENTLY
ESCAPE ARTIST
HEARB LOAR
CHANGE APPERANCANCE
She is also very skilled with her smiley (chain with lock on it) and a crow bar.
Equipment: SMILEY
CROWBAR
TWO DIFFERENT DISGUSES (quick and easy to put on and remove)
LOCK PICK KIT
TAPE PLAYER
MEDIUM KNIFE
SMALL GLASS PIPE
MEDIUM SIZED CAMO BLANKET
SMALL BAG OR RANDOM GENNERLLY NEEDED ITEMS (safety pins rubber bands etc)
LARGE BLACK RAT (raised from birth)
SMALL WHITE DOG (raised from birth)
Personality: she is pretty rowdy, always looking for a fight, it gets her in trouble sometimes. She loves to party. She tends to entertain those around her. It’s a little hard to get close to her but once you do you can be sure she will be there for anything you need, she is very compassionate to those close to her.
History: all she will say is she has been homeless since she was 16.

after we start i will no longer accept any other players untill the second half of the campaign.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
Well, nothing is as it seems in my games, so don’t judge the game based on what i can tell you now.
A wealthy powerful man will pay you and your party big bucks to go retrieve something for him that has been stolen by his beautiful charming ex wife. It will be up to you to find where she is now. He will give you just a few clues.
A few things that may or may not be apart of the plot:
A war is ragging on the other side of the world over some sort of new species that has been found in the jungles that both countries share, that is all you know of the war.
Some otherwise peaceful dragons have left their homes in the mountains and have started slaughtering villagers in nearby towns. This behavior has not been explained.
The ocean creatures have been acting strangely for the past several months, all their migration patterns and matting patterns have changed dramatically.

This game will be a fantasy setting. Mostly above ground, and it might be very easy to get sidetracked from your original quest.

Like I said please have time to devote to this game.

thats all i can say for now as to not ruin the game.

RuneyPoo

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Name: Adan Jahklenesi
Race: Since theres dragons... Erudite...
Class: Cleric & Paladin
Appearance: Adan is 6'2" and weighs just about 170lbs. He has long brown hair, clean cut, and he has blue eyes. He has a medium built body.
Clothing: Mithril Studded Gloves and Tunic, Mithril Vambraces, and Mithril Helm. He has normal black jeans.

Abilities: Good with swords, quicker then most. He also has the ability to stealth. He has the ability to healing magic and protection magic.

Equipment: Devonian Noctivigant Blade (Sword he killed a general in a crusade for.) Automatic Butterfly Switchblade. Bible. And herbs for infections of his and his parties wounds.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Name: Ian Silverwing
Race: Dragonoid
Class: Monk

Abilities: Touch of Winter - on making successful melee hit, causes frostbite in a localized area on the opponent for a short time; the opponent is unable to use that part of their body for the duration of the effect (doesn't affect undead or constructs)
Cold Affinity - makes Ian immune to effects of cold
Dragon Breath - able to blast those in front of him with intense cold; damages oponents and freezes them for a short time
Flight - able to fly

Appearance: Tall and muscular, but with a slim build. Wears a pair of black silk pants. His feet are dragon-like with silver scales and black claws, with two frontal talons and one to the back. His hands are also claws, but resemble human hands more. They, too, are covered with small, flexible, silver scales. His fingernails are claw-like, also black. The scales extend down his arms and stop near his elbows. He has a tattoo consiting of odd, unreadable runes runnining from his right shoulder across his chest to his left hip, and around to his back, circling his body. He has strong human features, and no facial hair. His eyes are a pale grey, with no pupil. His long black hair is tied back in an oddly plaited braid that is bound with blue, black, and white threads. Sprouting from his back are a magnificient pair of silver wings, spanning at least 10 feet when spread.

Bio: Even Ian doesn't know his own age. He awoke roughly fifty years ago with nothing but the memory of his name and his ability to fight. He joined a mercenary guild to pay for his life. But slowly, he seemed to remember that he had been searching for something in his past, forgotten life. After gathering together a small amount of gold that would take care of him for a while, he set out into the world, trying to remember what was forgotten.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Name: BollDock
Race: human
Sex: male
Alignment: Evil
Class: Assassin
Equipment: A vest of Chainmail. An axe with various designs on the blade. A small but sharp hunting knife used for skinning and cutting meat. Also a small shield attached to his arm.
Description: A tall man with long black hair and a black beard. Covered in Chainmail he rattles when he walks holding a huge axe and shield attached to his arm. With many scars he holds one in higher respect then others, the one across his chest. Givin to him in a great battle with his first true enemy and his first true victory.
History: Bolldock grew up hunting with his father for food for his family and for selling. After years of hunting and selling the meat he left when he was 17 to go and kill for bigger and better rewards. With the skills he learned from hunting he switched his weapon to a heavy one blow weapon. Now he kills anything if you pay him.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
alright lets begin,

You are sitting in the crowded pub waiting for your drink, the room is brightly lit and the fire is blazing in the corner. You can hear the shouts and laughter of the amour-clad people around you. Though they look slightly weary.

A noble man enters the pub, he is dressed in the height of fashion. The room quiets a bit, he looks around. A short, bizarre looking woman stumbles in after him, regains her balance and stands silently behind him.
He slowly walks to the middle of the room and says loudly,

“For all in search of adventure and fortune rise and follow me, though I must warn the task will not be an easy one..â€
Many of the others in the pub look around at each other, they seem a little uneasy but just quietly go back to their drinking.
he walks out the door, the woman fallows

(now I assume you all will fallow him, so to speed things up i will just keep going)
Almost immediately a tall man with long black hair and a black beard stands and walks out the door,
After another quite tall man with long brown hair picks up his things and fallows
One other tall man with dragons feet and hands walks out the door into the cold crisp night air.
The moon is nearly full and the city seems almost silent. The noble man stands in front of you draped in moonlight. You all stand for a few minutes feeling a little awkward.

“Well I suppose you all are it, I didn’t expect much response anyway, oh well, lets go over hear shall we?â€
He leads you to the side of a nearby stable.
“My name, is Granan Droverson. But, you don’t need to know about me, all you need know is I am a very rich man. No need to beat around the bush, I want to pay you to retrieve my child, you see his mother, my ex-wife (damn that bitch) has taken him from me. Last I heard of her she was up in the northern mountains. Her name, Magerris Forgedawn. My sons name is Mareak
Watch your back with that treacherous snake she can be nothing but trouble.
I am willing to pay good money to get my son back.â€
::he shakes a large bag of money at his side::
“ Please, my son is but 2 years of age, I do not want him growing up with that vile woman! I wish I could tell you more but, well I’m sorry I just cant.â€

You hear the crunch of leaves under someone’s slow moving feet.
The noble man whispers
“I’m sorry but I must go, she will help.â€
::He motions towards the woman behind him::

He disperses before your eyes.
You hear someone running off

“No need to go after them, they will be gone by now. I’m violence! I’m kinda like, I duno his body guard, you know how old guys can be! But hey, its freezing out here lets go in shall we? I really could use a beer right about now and you guys can ask me some questions if you like!â€
you re-enter the pub and violence immediately orders a pint of ale.

(let the game begin muahahahaha)

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian also ordered a mug of the tavern's best ale, but wasn't as eager to drink it down as his new companion was. He nursed the tankard while thinking on their new mission. "He didn't give us much information, did he? We don't know if the woman a witch, or if she has any professional protection," he said, his voice hissing slightly on the s's. He glanced at his new companions. "Well, I suppose we'd better get to know each other a little better since we'll be working together. I am Ian Silverwing, traveling mercenary." He glanced up at the others, waiting for them to introduce themselves.

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Adan walks from the bar with a glass of water. He sits down with his new allies and looks at them all. Now knowing that he has been employed for a dangerous job, but he is not afraid. He has been in several wars before and is willing to do anything for a little money on the side. "My name is Adan Jahklensi, I am Eruden and a very skilled warrior in battle. I came from the Eruden village of Saplete." Adan being very aware that his allies are dangerous, even if they all are to be traveling together. "I want to make one thing clear, I accept no friendships unless I trust you fully. And my trust is very hard to gain. But onto the matter at hand, Violence, tell us about this woman and what she is capable of."

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
“ah her†she said “real bitch that one! A back stabber if I ever did see one! Man I could go on all day about her, but what you want to know is about her powers eh? Well no one really knows WHAT she is, but I know she is quite powerful, knocked me on my ass more than once. But she is quite old, she’s no good at actually fighting but damn, can she do some tricky spell work! Actually, no one thought she would be able to birth a child†she pauses to take a swig of her ale “but I duno much about all THAT. And as for followers, well she has plenty, mostly just people looking for a bit of her power, of course they all get screwed in the end its not like she cares about anyone but herself. I don’t think she even cares about her son she just wants someone to take over for her when her evil old heart shrivels up.†She becomes quite takes another swig of her ale and then continues, “it’s not really her I’m worried about, with the right stuff†she pats her backpack on the ground under her feet “she can be defeated semi-easily, however, her new body guard is something to worry about. We can handle him, but it will be anything but easy. Or maybe I’m just underestimating your skills… either way be wary of him.†She pauses once again to take a drink.
“Well, its not like Granan didn’t give us anything to work with. But I really shouldn’t revile it here, you never know who’s listing or watching. My suggestion is, we get a room for the night and start out fresh in the morning! We really don’t have anything to worry about in a city like this, but still, its good to be cautious.†She finishes off her ale in one big gulp stands up goes to the bar and pays for the drinks the motions for her new companions to follow her.

(Once more I assume you fallow so to speed things up, I will continue. Start from room)

Once safely in the locked room she pulls out a large piece of rolled up parchment from her backpack and unrolls it on the floor
She points to a large red dot on the northern mountains.
“We don’t know EXACTLLY where but this is the general area where she lives. I’m sure it wont be too hard to find, she loves to show off so I wont be surprised to find a giant flashing sign floating above her mansion!â€
She sits against the door and looks around at her companions.
“Well I suppose I should give this to you now.â€
She throws a velvet pouch full of gold to each of you
“There is 2000 GP in each of those, you get the other 8000 when we get the baby back. If you all cant take the cold whether I suggest that tomorrow you go and get a good coat, I suspect we will be in some pretty damn cold conditions. If you all want to have the beds you can I’m good right hereâ€

The next day you wake up to the bright sun and the sounds of the people down in the street preparing their daily activities. You gather your things and make your way downstairs, as you emerge outside you see a shallow blanket of snow has covered the ground.
The city is buzzing today and you can see the guards are out patrolling the streets.

“Well I have some things to get, so I suppose we can all go our separate ways and meet back here in about, say, an hour?â€
And, without even waiting for your response she gives you all a smile and walks away towards the middle of the city.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
::Bolldock looks at his new allies and looks up. Snow gently falls onto his face as he stares up into the bright white sky thinking about his new voyage. He starts to walk out of the room and looks for the pub. Slipping his axe on his back he enters the pub and sits down::

Bolldock: Pint of Grog.

::He said with a raspy voice. His eyes centered straight to the counter of the table as he waited for his drink to arrive as he awaits the hour to end and the journey to begin.::

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Adan picks up the snow and eats some of it. He then looks up and says a prayer.

God I pray that you will be with us on this journey, and with the snow fall I can tell it will be a good outcome.

Snow to the Erudites when it comes to war, adventures, birth, anything to come means fate is on their side. He believes that fate is on their side, he believes they will find the child and the wife.

I'll be back in an hour, I am going to go buy some herbs and a book to read on our journey.

Adan takes off to go find a medicine shop. He walks over to the stables and rents a horse for 100GP. He then takes off on the horse to go out of town to get to the shop of his choice. As he reaches the shop, he feels as something is watching him. He looks around, no one there. So he just walks into the shop.

Hey there Hahklet, I haven't seen you in awhile. But I cannot talk, I need to be back in about thirty minutes to go on a journey. Just give me about twice as many herbs as I usually buy and I would like to buy your bible off of you as well.

Hahklet is the store owner, they have been friends for along time. He as well is a Erudite. Hahklet puts everything into a clothe pouch and hands it to Adan. He then goes into the back and gets his bible.

Hahklet: It's good to see you again, but heres your things and here's the bible. Don't know where you got the money for the bible, but I finally get to sale it. This will come out to 750GP.

Rune hands him the money and walks out of the shop. He gets on his horse and takes back off to the village. Finally arriving, he brings the horse back to the stable and goes into the Pub. He see's Bolldock sitting at the table and goes and sits down. He then yells for a glass of wine. He gets it and takes a drink of it.

So you ready for this adventure friend? I got everything I need, and it should take care of all of us for awhile.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
::Quickly finishing another grog Bolldock slams his mug onto the counter. With his grog dripping from his beard he hears Adan speaking. Still looking down at his pint he says nothing. Adan looks at him awaiting a response.::

Bolldock: Another pint.

::Bolldock calls out to the bartender and looks to Adan. Looking up and down he notices his Bible.::

Bolldock: You will have no help in battle from your dear lord.

::Takes a big swig of his ale and looks back down.::

Adan: I have won many battles with the faith I keep in the Almighty.

Bolldock: Then you are skilled as a fighter but it seems you're not all there in the head. Now if you excuse me, I must tend to business.

::Grabs his mug and finishes it off. Walks to the back of the bar and begins to talk to some of the locals.::

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian looked at the snow covered town. There didn't seem anywhere quiet at all. He pocketed his bag of gold and, with a lazy flap of his wings, he launched himself into the air, landing himself lightly on the rooftop. Sitting near the edge so he could spot Violence when she returned, he began to meditate. He relished the cold breeze and the snow as it fell on him. It seemed that this was the only moment of peace he'd be able to find until the mission was over.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
Ian hears screams and shouts coming from the middle of town
As Bolldock and Adan sit and drink their drinks a small pale man comes stumbling into the pub looking frantic. He is dressed in a blue tunic and clutching a large round package. You notice he has a very large wound on his face. He runs past the tender through the back door leaving a trail of blood in his wake.
Violence stumbles in just moments after he had exited.
She looks around then sits down with her other two companions, motions to the tender for a pint and upon delivery chugs it down.

“Did you see that guy? Bloody mess he was!†although he was pretty suspicious. I noticed him in every shop I went to! He got in a fight with a rather big fellow back there in the weapons shop. Well I have everything I need let’s find Ian.â€
With that you finish your drinks and exit the pub (after paying of course) and walk a short distance to your meeting place. Ian is perched above you on the roof.
“Lets go!â€
You make your way out of town. You exit the gates with no problems and find yourself in a snow-covered field. There are a few farms scattered here and there but there are no signs of life within them.
You walk for quite sometime mostly in silence. Everything around you is quite beautiful. The snow is untouched and sparkling white with the exception of your footprints behind you.
More and more trees can be seen now along with a few little wooden cottages

“Well then!†says violence breaking the silence. “How bout them….. Yankees?!†she gives a feeble little laugh and continues walking in silence. “Uh.. So I guess you all have figured out we are heading towards those mountains right?†it is now around midday and you can see you are approaching the edge of a forest.
When you are only about 100 paces away she stops and says, “you will all need to be on guard now.â€

No one says a thing and you all continue on. Now 90 now 50 now 20 now 10… 1… you are at the edge of the trees and violence seems a little apprehensive. The snow has long since melted away. The trees are thick overhead making the forest pretty dark. Violence pulls out a jar containing a flame.
“Well then,†and she steps into the darkness. As you all fallow you see it isn’t quite as dark as it looks from the outside. There are small twinkling assorted colored lights flying above your heads. Violence looks at them meanly and says

“You better not try any funny businessâ€
you walk through the forest and the small lights just seem to grow. They are getting slightly bigger and bigger and you are seeing more and more of them.
You see a luminous light in a clearing ahead, as you get closer you see it is coming from one GIANT tree. It is glowing with a soft blue hue. Its light captivates you. The lights above your head fly quicker now and come closer to the ground. You now see they are tiny fairies. You stand for a moment not sure what to do. A door opens in the tree.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"I take it we're going inside?" Ian asked. He hated buildings. No room to stretch the wings. He stepped forward and looked inside. It was pitch black, and a strange whispering came from inside.