Protoss Stratagy Question

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
proboards19.rockreborn.com
ive just gone to a cople of threads and seen you guys know what your talking about. heres my stratagy.

Game starts, get all probes mining, make a probe build a pylon and have that one start mining. by then you should have 73 minerals so make another probe, have that build a gateway and have it start mining. make 2 probes and have one mine, and another build a Cyb Core, then a Assimliator. make a stargate with another probe you have and then have those 2 start mining gas. make one final probe to be a builder, and let everyhting ride.

this is my stratagy for DIRE STRAITS but i need help with this part.
My friend EchoBoy is obsessed with zerg, he builds up units and surrounds his island with Spore colonys. my scouts cant get by him and arbiters are too slow. Ive beasten him twice by mass attacking him with like 30 scouts, but that takes too long. i need a quick win with a Toss vs Z areial combat. if you dont get it just tell me.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Try fast reaver dropping his probes and then make corsairs to deal with air and for hunting overlords. Reavers and corsairs work well vs all races on island maps. If u do it right he wont get the time or money to make that many spore colonies.

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
proboards19.rockreborn.com
thats the thing though, i cant get the rescources fast enough to tech up and get the reavers and there attacks. although ill try it, idk yet. Ill stick with my Scout Assault tactic for now, and use the revear (w/e) drop with it, maybe it might work good together. We play origional since he dosent have brood war, so i thought id make that clear.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Scouts cost too much and dont deal enough ground damage, get 1 reaver and 2 zealots in a shuttle and attack, then keep harrasing him while making more.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i can do alot in big groups tho

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
A reaver rush usually means certain economy blow to your opponent. Most of the time they accept defeat after that.

blockerx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
timeless_guardians.tripod.com
have you tryied dragging out the battle? i think the toss have the best defense. use it to your advantage. just sit and wait till your ready. might have to build some reavors and corsairs to help defend base though. if he go air build groups of corsairs they do massive damage fast.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
what kind of a zerg player is this! letting u get scounts ur friend is a discras to zerg players everywhere! if he was a good zerg player hed have u flat in 20 min!

SutolDan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol, zerg sucks!!! When i first started playing my friend played zerg and zergling rushed me at the start with like 6 of them, and killed me lol!!!

SMD

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If he makes loads of spore colonies try to use corsairs to annoy overlords. And when attacking get a arbiter to go in with a few carriers. The interceptors will confuse the spore colonies and will get your arbiter past safely. Then do a quick reaver drop and he will be raped in minutes.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerg sucks eh?you defenitely don't know how to use zerg.I'm a zerg player:D

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zerg does not suck.

Zergling486

Reaction score
Yea, Zerg DOES NOT SUCK. My record is 13-0-0 Ladder is 2-0-0 IF YOU know your enemy is PROTOSS, USE MUTA RUSH!

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well since your friend does not have brodd war. one thing i suggest is to get soem templar and hallcigen some of your shuttles. load the really shuttles with reavers and maybe some zealots and dragoons. send the fake shuttles like 2 seconds early and then send the real shuttles. put the fake ones above the spores and as you drop your men the spores will be occupied with the fakes. then f*ck up the spores and send more men.

bigredhoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
goatse.cx
Originally posted by Renzokuken
A reaver rush usually means certain economy blow to your opponent. Most of the time they accept defeat after that.
i guaruntee you've never beaten any half-way decent zerg players

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
have you considered using a combination attack of corsairs, shuttles and carriers?
the dws will take out the spores while the reaver/archon/goon/zeal forces in your shuttles unload. the carriers can then cruise past the now useless air defenses and unload their ceptors on the workers, destroying your opponent economically