Photoshop and Illustrator class exercises

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Okay, as requested by Mr Flash. Again, I emphasize that my Photoshop and Illustrator skills aren't as hawt as Flash's or FMB's, but at least the current skills I have now are decent enough to handle a proper presentation (which I'm currently working on, but I'll upload the images later - probably need a bit of help to improve my work). Filth in the Beauty and Calm Envy were both done in class (within 4 hours) while I did Beautiful Disorder as homework.

Orignal sketch (from my personal sketchbook that I carry around at all times).

Filth in the Beauty: To use a scanned in sketch and create a CAD illustration using Illustrator.
Must include:
- a layout (a.k.a must have something in the background)
- highlights and shadows on illustration
- technical drawings of garments (back not necessary, but must have stitch lines)
- create own patterns for garments

Beautiful Disorder: Practicing the use of burn and dodge tools in Photoshop and colour in using PS.
Must include:
- dodge and burn for highlights/shadows
- paint bucket tool for patterns
- create own fabric patterns from images (if fabric is transparent, must show skin)
Note: I'm incredibly proud of the way my lace is presented!
- face must have make up

Calm Envy: Similar exercise to Filth in the Beauty, but without the need of including technical flats. May use same sketch that is already outlined in Illustrator from previous exercise. (I wanted to do a new one, but didn't have time to do so before class.) Must be coloured using PS.
Must include:
- same as Beautiful Disorder
- same as Filth in the Beauty
- Pantone colours

Inspired by Uruha from the GazettE. Used Guren outfit (one with lace) and Silly God Disco (purple one). Okay, my sketch isn't accurate in terms of outfit, but that was what I remembered at the top of my head in simplified terms. And if I had it my way, I would have just focused on the face and hair (but the teacher wanted clothes – hahahaha).

For full sizes of the CAD works, please visit my dA site.

Gotta love those suspenders! *drool*

- Amantis

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Thanks Flash. :) I love what I did to the hair and make up in Beautiful Disorder. I admit I spent quite some time on that piece since it was done at home rather than being grumpy in class (since I never get enough sleep the night before and the girl who sits next to me is annoying when it comes to CAD class - she always forgets the basics and keeps asking the same questions over and over and over and over again).

Colour pencils coming up in next pieces! Have yet to complete the layout, flats etc.

- Amantis

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I never said they weren't womanly. LOL. God damn, Uruha's beautiful.

- Amantis

Kheyre

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
._. I wish I could draw on paper as good as you can.

Dane2007

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
wow dude...how did you do that? i'm using photoshop from a while...but i don't know how to put those effect, if you have time sometime please let me know...i really want to learn. thanks.